Boundary Park post war attendance record

I've been asked what our post war attendance record is and I thought it might be the 41,733 v Liverpool in the FA Cup 4th round in 1962. Rather than trawl through various books, I thought I'd ask on here. Pretty sure I'm right though. While I'm on the subject, what's our highest post-war attendance for a league game?

I've been asked what our post war attendance record is and I thought it might be the 41,733 v Liverpool in the FA Cup 4th round in 1962. Rather than trawl through various books, I thought I'd ask on here. Pretty sure I'm right though. While I'm on the subject, what's our highest post-war attendance for a league game?

I think it was Div 2 in 1953/4. Against Blackburn, a crowd of 30,832. (Same season there were 30,072 v Everton).

Biggest league crowd I've been in at Latics was against Peterborough , Div 4 1960/61 - 27,888. And was there for thye 26,356 v Mxx Uxx in 74/5.

The West Brom crowd the following season was 22.356.

I can't even begin to imagine crowds like those at BP. I take it we lost each game, in typical 'Big Crowd at Latics' fashion.....

Saturday 28th December 1974. We certainly won that day!! Although we needed to score twice to record a 1-0 victory.

We lost the match against West Brom and their victory sealed their promotion. I seem to remember that there may have been a few away fans in the ground that day ;)

I can't even begin to imagine crowds like those at BP. I take it we lost each game, in typical 'Big Crowd at Latics' fashion.....

And we drew 1-1 against the Posh. Quite a result as they stormed Div 4, scoriing over 130 goals!

Ken Branagan scored from a pen for us, at the Chaddy End, and broke the net with the force of the kick.