Internet Explorer Problems Dec 2008

HallamBlue

Switch browsers is the advice of Microsoft due to security issues so must be bad in more ways than one.

No solution found as yet by Microsoft? Reported on BBC website and TV news.

Interesting advice from M$, don't use IE. Perhaps that's the only way their browser won't be found out as a flawed piece of crap.

All the major browsers have had and will continue to have critical vulnerabilities. Factor in plugins and extensions and there are even more potential vulnerabilities. What's 'safe' today will certainly be compromised in short order when a major flaw is discovered critical security updates for the major browsers seem to occur at least once every 3 months).

Find a well supported browser YOU like, learn and use it's security options, make sure your software is patched and up to date. Practice safe computing and you are 'safe' as you are likely going to be.

Guest sheridans_world
Interesting advice from M$, don't use IE. Perhaps that's the only way their browser won't be found out as a flawed piece of crap.

Find a well supported browser YOU like, learn and use it's security options, make sure your software is patched and up to date. Practice safe computing and you are 'safe' as you are likely going to be.

Lets face it, in the 'computing' world, anything older than a month or two is going to be prone to allsorts of nasty internet stuff.

I saw a documentary geeky kind of program a few months ago, they got a new PC and installed windows 95 on it and just surfed the net, within 24 hours it was totally un-useable because of all the crap floating around on the internet. I dont think people realise that all the 'cured' viruses are still out there, floating around, waiting for a PC that doesnt have the 'cure' installed on it.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took an original XP installation without any of the serive packs or updates, it'd get hurt pretty quickly.

Guest oa_exile
Lets face it, in the 'computing' world, anything older than a month or two is going to be prone to allsorts of nasty internet stuff.

I saw a documentary geeky kind of program a few months ago, they got a new PC and installed windows 95 on it and just surfed the net, within 24 hours it was totally un-useable because of all the crap floating around on the internet. I dont think people realise that all the 'cured' viruses are still out there, floating around, waiting for a PC that doesnt have the 'cure' installed on it.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took an original XP installation without any of the serive packs or updates, it'd get hurt pretty quickly.

N£v$r 7ad + pr061£m t0 da7£