Tickets

The Chron says we have sold 5,800 tickets for Saturday but that includes season ticket holders.

Why include season ticket holders when they are not part of the innitiative as it tells us absolutely nothing!!!

How many season ticket holders have we got? 2..3..4000? Does anybody outside the club know?.............. Can someone please tell me, as the club for some reason, best known to themselves, never seem to publish the figures!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chron says we have sold 5,800 tickets for Saturday but that includes season ticket holders.

Why include season ticket holders when they are not part of the innitiative as it tells us absolutely nothing!!!

How many season ticket holders have we got? 2..3..4000? Does anybody outside the club know?.............. Can someone please tell me, as the club for some reason, best known to themselves, never seem to publish the figures!!!

still £10 on the day of the game so quite alot will be last minute deciders... could be near the 8000 mark but at those prices it should be sold out o well ill be there with my season ticket as usual :grin:B):wink:

still £10 on the day of the game so quite alot will be last minute deciders... could be near the 8000 mark but at those prices it should be sold out o well ill be there with my season ticket as usual :grin:B):wink:

this will be my first game of the season, will be in rocky road end in my tangerine scarf, lets hope they dont play badly and put me off coming again.

whichis what they usually do when a big crowd turns up, tee hee.

Apparently there are just over 3,000 season ticket holders.

But they don't all turn up at every match for various reason.

Cheers,

Harry

I went and got my tickets today. Girl at the ticket office said only 3000 tickets sold so far. She said theres around 3500 season tickets so if they all come at mo only 6500 not including away fans.

The board are apparently (and not suprisingly) very very disappointed apparently.

I have to say I am shocked at the lack of interest and up take in this inititve. Top six and pushing for promotion surely we should be selling more tickets even without special offers!

Why do people think were not selling tickets? Is is because its weekend before Xmas? Poor promotion?? Lack of interest in the club?

The club should be out pushing this offer big style. Especially with likes of Man Utd not playing this weekend chance to target some arm chairs fans and get them down watching proper football

And local Oldham folk should be coming to these games and getting behind their team, we managed to pack Boundary Park out when we did tickets for a quid couple season back so why not now.

I just hope a lot more people decide to come on the day otherwise the owners may look at this and say we cant keep taking losses and if you dont want to help us then what more can we do??

I went and got my tickets today. Girl at the ticket office said only 3000 tickets sold so far. She said theres around 3500 season tickets so if they all come at mo only 6500 not including away fans.

The board are apparently (and not suprisingly) very very disappointed apparently.

I have to say I am shocked at the lack of interest and up take in this inititve. Top six and pushing for promotion surely we should be selling more tickets even without special offers!

Why do people think were not selling tickets? Is is because its weekend before Xmas? Poor promotion?? Lack of interest in the club?

The club should be out pushing this offer big style. Especially with likes of Man Utd not playing this weekend chance to target some arm chairs fans and get them down watching proper football

And local Oldham folk should be coming to these games and getting behind their team, we managed to pack Boundary Park out when we did tickets for a quid couple season back so why not now.

I just hope a lot more people decide to come on the day otherwise the owners may look at this and say we cant keep taking losses and if you dont want to help us then what more can we do??

I'm surprised that we have sold as many tickets as we have.

It's time the powers that be realised that it's not all about money.

The only way that our attendances will improve is if we can maintain a top 2 position,playing good football and constantly winning our home games.

We keep hearing quotes that we are in a playoff position but so what? The playoffs only mean anything if you win them and our previous record is as bad as it can get.

It also doesn't help when your club seems to be trying to sell off the 2 players that might just give you that chance of getting promotion.

I am a ST holder and do not begrudge anyone getting in on the cheap on Saturday.I have actually bought a couple of extra tickets for my son and his mate but unfortunately I don't think that there are too many other idiots like me in this town.

I'm surprised that we have sold as many tickets as we have.

It's time the powers that be realised that it's not all about money.

The only way that our attendances will improve is if we can maintain a top 2 position,playing good football and constantly winning our home games.

We keep hearing quotes that we are in a playoff position but so what? The playoffs only mean anything if you win them and our previous record is as bad as it can get.

It also doesn't help when your club seems to be trying to sell off the 2 players that might just give you that chance of getting promotion.

I am a ST holder and do not begrudge anyone getting in on the cheap on Saturday.I have actually bought a couple of extra tickets for my son and his mate but unfortunately I don't think that there are too many other idiots like me in this town.

I know what your saying and yes it is frustratinng if the rumours are true about selling players but at the minute they are only rumours.

We're in good position to push on and go for automatic promotion in what is a very tight tough league. No one expected top two at begining of season and we all hoped for play offs. Yet because we won a few games all of a sudden fans think we should automatically be expected to be in the top two. This is a long season and the fans need to get out and back the team. Why should players be arsed playing fo us if we cant be arsed getting down to the ground to support them.

I've said in the past £20 for Div 3 football is too expensive, however if the Club cannot fill the ground at £5 a ticket then you seriously have to wonder how the town of Oldham can continue to justify having a professional Football Club.

No excuses this Saturday...the Oldham public should wake up and back TTA before it's too late.

I've said in the past £20 for Div 3 football is too expensive, however if the Club cannot fill the ground at £5 a ticket then you seriously have to wonder how the town of Oldham can continue to justify having a professional Football Club.

No excuses this Saturday...the Oldham public should wake up and back TTA before it's too late.

Even if they don't actually support Oldham?

TTA have got to make people want to come to the games, they can't just expect people to turn up.

For example, the Rugby had that game for £1, did they fill the ground?

Why didn't they?

I know alot of my mates dont come to home games but they will go to away games as its a better atmopshere, i still dont agree with them especially as on saturday it would only cost them £2. Alot of them will just go to manchester during the day or go to the pub, and prefer to save their money to go on nights out. Club has to do something to appeal to the 16-25 age bracket i feel.

Not living in the area I'd don't know what the publicity has been like - anyone provide details?

I'd hope that the following has been done:

- In the Chron regularly

- In the Advertiser

- On local radio

- Some people handing out flyers in the town centre on Saturday morning and late night shopping night as well (in Wakefield they have very pretty girls in short skirts doing this for the rugby - sexist perhaps, but they certainly get some attention)

- Mobile billboard next to a main juntion (roundabout near latics)

Great offers are only going to be successful if people know about them. The website, over the tannoy etc is preaching to the converted. Word of mouth from the faithful is not enough on its own.

If the club have publicised it and still get less than 7,500 on Saturday then you have to wonder whether TTA will see a future in Oldham. You cannot have a business model that relies on you being the best in your league every season, all season, to break even on gates.

Not living in the area I'd don't know what the publicity has been like - anyone provide details?

I'd hope that the following has been done:

- In the Chron regularly Yep

- In the Advertiser Yep

- On local radio Yep

- Some people handing out flyers in the town centre on Saturday morning and late night shopping night as well (in Wakefield they have very pretty girls in short skirts doing this for the rugby - sexist perhaps, but they certainly get some attention) Not sure. I know that they have asked for volunteers and looks like they are desperate now on the fishul. I applied for the other voluntary position last month but didn't even get a reply. Leaving it VERY late now if they havn't started!

- Mobile billboard next to a main juntion (roundabout near latics) Everytime the fans team play Bury, we drive past a sign on a very busy main road and am I'm impressed (easily, I know). I'm always surprised that the club hasn't sorted out such a simple way of publicising games and offers

Great offers are only going to be successful if people know about them. The website, over the tannoy etc is preaching to the converted. Word of mouth from the faithful is not enough on its own.

If the club have publicised it and still get less than 7,500 on Saturday then you have to wonder whether TTA will see a future in Oldham. You cannot have a business model that relies on you being the best in your league every season, all season, to break even on gates.

Lets get this into perspective. This is the last Saturday before Christmas, the last chance for alot of people to get last minute shopping in, people picking up overtime hours is common too. Nobody wants to spend at this time of year. We are in a tight spot regarding money, if they did this offer for the next home game they'd probably get alot more interest....

Lets get this into perspective. This is the last Saturday before Christmas, the last chance for alot of people to get last minute shopping in, people picking up overtime hours is common too. Nobody wants to spend at this time of year. We are in a tight spot regarding money, if they did this offer for the next home game they'd probably get alot more interest....

The Christmas shopping thing might explain why there has been a low take up for the Leyton Orient game but it doesn't explain why there are still 700 tickets left for Crewe on Boxing Day :shock:

I hope a lot of people are getting their tickets tomorrow.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

The Christmas shopping thing might explain why there has been a low take up for the Leyton Orient game but it doesn't explain why there are still 700 tickets left for Crewe on Boxing Day :shock:

I hope a lot of people are getting their tickets tomorrow.

I'm gonna get my tickets for both this afternoon

I know alot of my mates dont come to home games but they will go to away games as its a better atmopshere,

We all have a duty to wake from our apparent collective 'slumber' and SING/CHANT tomorrow, to create an atmosphere which will impress the newcomers, lift the team and frighten the Southern softies from Orient afar. :bluearmy: