Tickets

It's been said before that JD Sports shops are the obvious place, as the shirt sponsor.

I was thinking about a shop opening in town and the infrastructure required to do it. There would have to be quite an outlay for tills etc, especially for Teamcard points. JD already has this set up so could be a viable option.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still maintain this would have been a smart move:

What would have maybe been a good idea was to set up some sort of partnership with Dale. They're at Exeter this weekend...the club could have said to them to make their fans aware of our deal...most Dale fans won't be making such a long trip and could get their football fix very cheaply just up the road. In return when we're at Brighton or whatever (can't be bothered to check Dale's fixtures), we could promote one of their fixtures. Just something along the lines of 'get youself down to the south coast but if the credit crunch is pulling you down then why not go along to BP/Spotland?'. To be honest, there would be no greater tribute to Ernie than for both of us to win promotion this year, let's support eachother (for one year only :grin: )

Just been to get my Crewe and Udders tickets, there was a steady flow and ticket office reckon about 7500 Latics at the mo.

Pity about the weather but there could be another 1000 or so with the Orient fans and our pay on the day lot.

Looking like 8000 at least!!!

7,500 Latics already?

I'd say that is a result - another 100 from Orient and hopefully a few hundred pay on the dayers for Latics and we might get the 8,000 TTA and in particular Simon has mentioned.

Would be good for them if they got the kind of response they are looking for.

I know alot of my mates dont come to home games but they will go to away games as its a better atmopshere, i still dont agree with them especially as on saturday it would only cost them £2. Alot of them will just go to manchester during the day or go to the pub, and prefer to save their money to go on nights out. Club has to do something to appeal to the 16-25 age bracket i feel.

I agree, the club tries to promote itself too much with this 'family club' tag, meaning the 16-25 bracket can at times feel unwanted by the club, a prime example being the 'student ticket' being for 16-19 year olds, what about people in their 2nd year at Uni onwards? My mate that I go with is a season ticket holder whilst also at Uni, he's going to have to do some saving to get one next season

As for the lack of money at christmas issue, people like me are in a job where at this time of year they get a lot of tips and have more money than normal

Yep

Orient

Had a watch of Ling's Oldham preview on their 'World'. He appears to fear us and envies all of our strikers.

In the rarely wrong Chron, Ling says:

“It will be a difficult game as I thought before the start of the season Oldham would do well because of the four good strikers they have.

“Obviously there have been changes to the front line since then, but that is an area in which they are still particularly strong, especially with Lee Hughes one of their front men.

“While we know it will be hard, we will not be going to Boundary Park in fear.”

In the rarely wrong Chron, Ling says:

“It will be a difficult game as I thought before the start of the season Oldham would do well because of the four good strikers they have.”

Does he know something we don't?! :grin:

Edited by jsslatic

Headline:

Mainly cloudy with further rain at times. Gales this evening.

This Evening and Tonight:

It will be mainly cloudy with further rain at times, although Cumbria will gradually become drier and clearer during the night. There will be gales in exposed areas at first this evening but these will gradually ease. Minimum temperature 6 °C.

Saturday:

Cloudy for most of the time with rain tending to edge northwards across the region. It will become dry later to the south of Manchester, possibly with a little brightness. Maximum temperature 10 °C.

Headline:

Mainly cloudy with further rain at times. Gales this evening.

This Evening and Tonight:

It will be mainly cloudy with further rain at times, although Cumbria will gradually become drier and clearer during the night. There will be gales in exposed areas at first this evening but these will gradually ease. Minimum temperature 6 °C.

Saturday:

Cloudy for most of the time with rain tending to edge northwards across the region. It will become dry later to the south of Manchester, possibly with a little brightness. Maximum temperature 10 °C.

Ignore "Cumbria", "exposed areas" and "northwards across the region" and the job's a good 'un!

The Advertiser forecast:

Saturday

Forecast: A shower

Rain probability: 80%

Temp High: 10°C / 50°F

Temp Low: 4°C / 40°F

Wind Strength: Moderate Breeze

Wind Direction: West-South-West

So 80% chance of a shower and 50°F - we could be sweating cobs with all the excitement! B)

Edited by Diego_Sideburns