WHo would you buy to replace Hughes, should he be sold?

Orient supporting mate tells me there's an expected clear-out at Brisbane Road in January as Barry Hearn has announced there'll be paycuts to streamline the budget. Could do a lot worse than move for Adam Boyd.

We'll never get anyone anywhere near as good as Hughesy though for 300k. If Lordy's right, that is.

Orient supporting mate tells me there's an expected clear-out at Brisbane Road in January as Barry Hearn has announced there'll be paycuts to streamline the budget. Could do a lot worse than move for Adam Boyd.

We'll never get anyone anywhere near as good as Hughesy though for 300k. If Lordy's right, that is.

if he does go if think we will see clarke back on a season long loan.

i wouldnt mind bishop from bury

if he does go if think we will see clarke back on a season long loan.

i wouldnt mind bishop from bury

I was thinking that Bishop is probably the kind of player we should be looking at, in a s much as he's young and will hopefully be keen to make the step up and prove himself. An investment on our part if you will.

Leon Clarke on loan would not surprise me one bit though.

Edit - by young I mean relatively so, and would allow us to be able to sell him on if needs be) (I think he's round 25/26).

Edited by danoafc

I was thinking that Bishop is probably the kind of player we should be looking at, in a s much as he's young and will hopefully be keen to make the step up and prove himself. An investment on our part if you will.

Leon Clarke on loan would not surprise me one bit though.

Mentioned Bishop some time ago ..... been a few stories floating around connecting him with us.

He's getting Heather Mills @ 6? What on earth for, Andy? :grin:

Heather Mills at 6 is a bargain, given she apparently used to charge 5 figures to perform a universally popular romantic gesture for a gentleman. I was thinking more about her having roughly the same chance as Chris Killen of passing a fitness test when the doctor got below waist level.

So, if this is true about Hughes (and I hope it isn't), who would we be able to attract with that kind of money as a replacement (assuming that we are serious about still being in the race for promotion post January)?

We're not likely to spend that sort of money though, are we Dan? Even at that price, he wouldn't easily be replaced.

We're not likely to spend that sort of money though, are we Dan? Even at that price, he wouldn't easily be replaced.

Not a chance in the world of buying a like for like replacement - but as I put on t'other thread, far more than enough to get 2 or 3 exceptional loanees in. Lee isn't ours in the Summer anyway.

I'm sick of loanee's. We need no more. Especially forward loan players.

In an ideal world we'd sign a youngster as good as Hughes on a 4 year contract, but that ain't going to happen. Being practical, a loanee would be off at just the same time as Hughes (assuming he doesn't sign up with us). Anyone who would command a £300k transfer would also command a lot more in wages than we pay Hughes at the moment.

£30m for Torres.

£250k for Bishop.

£1m for Dickinson.

Wonder if we can get Byfield on a free?

I think Derby would snap your hand off for around £500k-£700k for Dicko.

Torres £30m dont make me laugh, would need atleast £50m-£60m to prize him away from anfield.

Bishop £250k mark about right, but value in IMO