audacity??

Blue_Guru

Someone mentioned this as a good software to cut and crop music files...it works fine just the format you have to save it in isnt really compatible with anything...i wanted to cut music files for my phone but my phone doesnt recognise the file unless its in an mp3 format or similar any ideaS??

Someone mentioned this as a good software to cut and crop music files...it works fine just the format you have to save it in isnt really compatible with anything...i wanted to cut music files for my phone but my phone doesnt recognise the file unless its in an mp3 format or similar any ideaS??

You need an .mp3 encoder, mate.

Check this link for how to install Lame.

Then you just use File > Export as .mp3

I've used Audacity for a couple of years now. It's great. Just remember that you have to STOP playback before you can cut your selection!

As Stevie said, install the Lame encoder, and set the output nice and low. 96kbps is fine for a mobile ringtone.

Best bet is to wait till you are round at your brothers' place next, act pathetic and get him to do it

:o

I keep having to answer my phone before Big Gordon climaxes over the Scunny goal. Not good.