Special request to TTA...

We'll be arriving at LHR at approx 14:15 on Saturday but our "shuttle" to MAN is at 5pm. Can you please send a helicopter to pick us up * and I will buy a 2 for one ticket for the Orient match...

Cheers,

Mart

* If you do this, I will forget about the pint that SC promised me he would buy me the next time he is in Bellevue, WA after we saw him in the Litten Tree that time and presented him with a bottle of champers.

We'll be arriving at LHR at approx 14:15 on Saturday but our "shuttle" to MAN is at 5pm. Can you please send a helicopter to pick us up * and I will buy a 2 for one ticket for the Orient match...

Heathrow to Gods little acre in 45 minutes. That's some chopper, baby.

Ah yes, how my Saturday afternoons were spent before I found religion aged 9!

There was another chopper-related series about the same time. More like a :censored:ter Tesco Value version of Airwolf called Blue Thunder.

TV was all a bit obsessed about fancy, 'futuristic' vehicle type action programmes in the 80's wasn't it? There was Street Hawk too, as TV Cream eloquently remembers...

KNIGHT RIDER on two wheels. Super eighties bike designed by "federal agent Norman Tuttle" and ridden by Rex Smith went at four hundred miles an hour down country roads or something wanky like that. Silly "air brakes" (don't buses have them?) allowed it to do a 360-degree loop in mid air off a cliff edge, to land back on the cliff. Fought, naturally, crime.

I was thinking of a KITT comment as well. You clearly have a great sense of humour.

Or we're both sad nerds...

Although I like to think of us both masters of the witty riposte, you may be closer with the latter!

More a case of two fools than great minds perhaps!

Edited by singe

Guest oa_exile
Although I like to think of us both masters of the witty riposte, you may be closer with the latter!

More a case of two fools than great minds perhaps!

It's that suvern humour that makes me larf every time :grin: