Hughes for sensational return to WBA?

Mowbray quoted as saying he wants to sign some 32/33 year olds in Jan' 2 + 2 = 7, claims he dropped a bollock relying on less experienced players this season. Hughes wouldn't be the messiah they're looking for but would be a bargain for them and has the nouse to be effective at that level and he'd walk there with a nail in his boot wouldn't he? Could see this happening - They give him 18 months, a nice big wedge - Hughes retires into the sunset.

I wonder if West Brom would take a punt on him? Might sound daft but he'd be dirt cheap to sit on their bench! :lol:

Thought the exact same thing earlier on today. It really wouldn't surprise me. When you think of some of the players struggling Prem clubs have signed over the years (DJ Campbell being the prime example), it wouldn't be that bizarre a move. Especially bearing in mind the Baggies fans seem to love him.

Cheers jsslatic....

I wouldn't be surprised. If they signed him and stayed up then nothing lost, and if they went down he'd be useful to them in the Championship. But could he ever forgive them for 'sacking' him? :wink:

I think the major stumbling block would be the media circus if Hughesy got a move to the Premiership. We'd have his victims relatives on the radio saying they will never sleep again and all sorts.... :ohno:

Cheers jsslatic....

I wouldn't be surprised. If they signed him and stayed up then nothing lost, and if they went down he'd be useful to them in the Championship. But could he ever forgive them for 'sacking' him? :wink:

I think the major stumbling block would be the media circus if Hughesy got a move to the Premiership. We'd have his victims relatives on the radio saying they will never sleep again and all sorts.... :ohno:

When exactly did West Brom sack him ? :bounce:

It doesn't work when a player goes back to a former club and I hope Lee Hughes believes that. I don't think there would be that much of a media circus if he did, I think that was practically bled dry when he joined Latics. Maybe a brief flicker from the rags, but not much.

I hope he stays at Latics, but all the noises seem to indicate that he won't.

It doesn't work when a player goes back to a former club and I hope Lee Hughes believes that. I don't think there would be that much of a media circus if he did, I think that was practically bled dry when he joined Latics. Maybe a brief flicker from the rags, but not much.

I hope he stays at Latics, but all the noises seem to indicate that he won't.

It'd be his 3rd spell with them. Already been back once and it didn't exactly go to plan then.

I think people are jumping to conclusions here. Yes he`s to good for L1, and could do a job in the Champ but hes nowhere near PL level, when he was with WBA in the prem he didnt even score for them. He`s 32 now and the media circus that would follow imo wont interest WBA, he`s definitely not the man Mowbray is pinning his survival hopes on, not a chance!

I think people are jumping to conclusions here. Yes he`s to good for L1, and could do a job in the Champ but hes nowhere near PL level, when he was with WBA in the prem he didnt even score for them. He`s 32 now and the media circus that would follow imo wont interest WBA, he`s definitely not the man Mowbray is pinning his survival hopes on, not a chance!

I don't believe the Premier League to be as much of a class above as most people do. The gulf of class is within that league rather than between it and the Championship. I think the regularity of cup 'major upsets' and also the performance of many newly promoted teams over the years backs that up. Still don't think they would sign him though....

I don't believe the Premier League to be as much of a class above as most people do. The gulf of class is within that league rather than between it and the Championship. I think the regularity of cup 'major upsets' and also the performance of many newly promoted teams over the years backs that up. Still don't think they would sign him though....

hughes had a couple of cracks at the prem already and i not sure he even scored (maybe 1 or 2) he is to good for our division, but could probably do well at a mid championship club, but the prem? he wasnt good enough for it 6 years ago.

so why now? if wba do sign him, then its already admitting defeat in staying at the level.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

hughes had a couple of cracks at the prem already and i not sure he even scored (maybe 1 or 2) he is to good for our division, but could probably do well at a mid championship club, but the prem? he wasnt good enough for it 6 years ago.

so why now? if wba do sign him, then its already admitting defeat in staying at the level.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

I agree. Suppose I was changing the subject.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Yup exactly my thoughts.