Chrimble Results

Going off the earlier thread on worst Boxing Days, I thought I'd post some memories of the last 20 years or so...

1986/87

Boxing Day Grimsby 2 Latics 2

27th Latics 0 Leeds 1

NYD Latics 3 Sheff Utd 1

3rd Jan Barnsley 1 Latics 1

87-88

Boxing Day Barnsley 1 Latics 1

28th Latics 1 Hull 2

NYD Latics 3 Middlesbrough 1

2nd Jan Sheff Utd 0 Latics 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88-89

Boxing Day Latics 1 WBA 3

29th Latics 2 Palace 3

NYD Brum 0 Latics 0

89-90

Boxing Day Latics 2 Port Vale 1

30th Latics 3 Portsmouth 3

NYD Leeds 1 latics 1

90-91

Boxing Day WHU 2 Latics 0

29th Millwall 0 Latics 0

NYD Latics 1 Newcastle 1

91-92

Boxing Day Latics 3 Scum 6

28th Latics 2 Forest 1

NYD Sheff wed 1 Latics 1

92-93

FREEEEEEZZZZZZIIIINNNNNGGGGG

93-94

27th QPR 2 Latics 0

29th Latics 2 Scum 5

NYD Sheff Utd 2 Latics 1

94-95

Boxing Day Latics 4 Wolves 1

27th Grimsby 1 Latics 3

31st Latics 1 Swindon 1

3rd Jan Millwall 1 Latics 1

95-96

Boxing day Tranmere 2 Latics 0

Rest called off Sunderland at Home NYD and someone else

96-97

28th Sheff Utd 2 Latics 2

Rest Frozen off, Brum at home, Barmsley away?

97-98

Boxing Day PNE 1 Latics 1

Burnley (H) Called Off

98-99

Boxing Day Chesterfield 1 Latics 3

28th Latics 0 York 2

No game NYD (FAC v Chelsea day after)

99-00

Boxing Day Latics 1 Scunny 1

28th Stoke 0 Latics 0

3rd Jan Latics 1 AFC Bournemouth o

00-01

Boxing Day Latics 2 Plastics 1

28th Latics 0 Walsall o

NYD Peterboro' 0 Latics 0

01-02

Boxing Day Lashers 0 Latics 2

29th Northampton 0 Latics 1

NYD v Bin Dippers OFF

02-03

Boxing Day Latics 1 Lashers 1

29th Crewe 1 Latics 2

NYD Bin Dippers 1 Latics 2

03-04

Boxing Day Grimsby 3 Latics 3

28th Latics 0 Monkey Hangers 2

3rd Jan Latics 1 Brentford 1

04-05

Boxing Day Monkey Hangers 2 Latics 1

28th Latics 2 Peterboro' 1

NYD Latics 2 Bin Dippers 2

05-06

Boxing Day Latics 2 Bratfurd 1

NYEve Latics 2 Monkey Hangers 1

2nd Jan Mongs 0 Latics 1

06-07

Boxing Day Rovrum 2 Latics 3

30th Gills 0 Latics 3

NYD Latics 5 Forest 0

07-08

Boxing Day Latics 0 Forest 0

29th Latics 0 Walsall 2

NYD Leeds 1 Latics 3

What does Santa hold for us this year, well from the evidence here it is never dull...........

88-89

Boxing Day Latics 1 WBA 3

29th Latics 2 Palace 3

NYD Brum 0 Latics 0

God, what a miserable Xmas period this was. I really remember the WBA game well. They brought loads up and were a real good side that season (beat us 3-1 at the Hawthorns as well). Absolutely cruised to a win on the plastic with Philliskirk bagging a consolation goal. Then down at Brum in a 0-0 dullfest. They were proper cack that season, relegated. Think soon after that we played the sky blue :censored:e at home too and lost again.

Fortunately we went on a super run of form later in the season to stay up comfortably. But at that point just after Xmas it looked like we were going down.

Wow! Extensive!

Out of all those stats, I still have to thrill at the defeat of Leeds last New Year. Although, when we beat them at BP in March, it might start to get a bit predictable. :wink:

06/07 was a particularly good festive season.

Is any body going to hazard a guess at the scores this season?

God, what a miserable Xmas period this was. I really remember the WBA game well. They brought loads up and were a real good side that season (beat us 3-1 at the Hawthorns as well). Absolutely cruised to a win on the plastic with Philliskirk bagging a consolation goal. Then down at Brum in a 0-0 dullfest. They were proper cack that season, relegated. Think soon after that we played the sky blue :censored:e at home too and lost again.

Fortunately we went on a super run of form later in the season to stay up comfortably. But at that point just after Xmas it looked like we were going down.

Yeah City beat us 1-0 at BP two weeks into the New Year, a certain Gary Megson grabbing the winner on his debut. Neil Adams made his debut on loan that day and a certain Andy 'The Enforcer' Holden did too if I remember correctly. The following week saw an absolute thriller at Barnsley, us going down narrowly 4-3, the upturn and goals beginning to flow again were no coincidence.....basically Tommy Wright and Andy Ritchie finally came back from injury and Frankie Bunn returned late March at Walsall bagging a late equaliser at the old Fellows Park. Although 2-2 seemed to be our favourite result that year, drawing 20 games! Only matched by 03/04 were we drew more i think!

Yeah City beat us 1-0 at BP two weeks into the New Year, a certain Gary Megson grabbing the winner on his debut. Neil Adams made his debut on loan that day and a certain Andy 'The Enforcer' Holden did too if I remember correctly. The following week saw an absolute thriller at Barnsley, us going down narrowly 4-3, the upturn and goals beginning to flow again were no coincidence.....basically Tommy Wright and Andy Ritchie finally came back from injury and Frankie Bunn returned late March at Walsall bagging a late equaliser at the old Fellows Park. Although 2-2 seemed to be our favourite result that year, drawing 20 games! Only matched by 03/04 were we drew more i think!

How on earth do you remember all that :censored: mate?

KtF,

Derek.