We couldn't score in open play, but OUR striker scored two today... - Davies report

Guest sheridans_world

Fantastic, I just hope Shez has some resolve to drop Hughes and play Davies when he gets back. Davies is in the goals, on form, we need him in the team. Sending him to Stockport has done exactley what we wanted, getting him back in form.

Because it's totally alright for our OWN player to fire a rival team above us in the league.

I think we should sort our own stuff out on the field, but loaning Davies to Stockport was a cocky move and hasn't benefited us.

When we loaned him out, no-one really counted Stockport as a rival!

When we loaned him out, no-one really wanted him here!

:unsure:

When we loaned him out, no-one really counted Stockport as a rival!

When we loaned him out, no-one really wanted him here!

:unsure:

Well said.

It's great that Davies is showing again. The break from here has done him good. Lets hope he brings the form with him.

Nobody is mentioning the fact he was booed of the pitch by the County fans last week then?

I'm thinking its Sheridan but obviously cannot be sure, but its :censored: stupid, i've said it since he went out on loan on here, the lad scored 15 goals pre Feb for us last season with a run in the side he hasn't had that at all this season here, he goes to Stockport gets a run in the side and bangs in 6 in 11 and 5 in 7 in the league, even though he wasn't getting great reviews he still got a run in the side and its shown that he can score goals, while we're at home against Leyton :censored: Orient looking clueless and gormless yet again, creating :censored: all. Letting Craig Davies go could be the difference to us going up, points dropped yet again, when our second best striker is knocking them in for fun at our rivals, clueless.

For all you know Davies has been offside for 3, had 2 in off his arse and been squared a tap-in.

It may well be the time to get Mental back though, if only to disrupt Stocky :naughty:

Fantastic, I just hope Shez has some resolve to drop Hughes and play Davies when he gets back. Davies is in the goals, on form, we need him in the team. Sending him to Stockport has done exactley what we wanted, getting him back in form.
It's obvious that Hughes (4 goals in 4 games) should be dropped. Oddly, before today's game the consensus at County was to get rid of Davies at the end of his loan.

Guest sheridans_world
It's obvious that Hughes (4 goals in 4 games) should be dropped. Oddly, before today's game the consensus at County was to get rid of Davies at the end of his loan.

Or 5 goals in 11 games, with 5 yellows and a red in that time.

Strange thing is he rather divides opinion at EP as well. Can you believe that, hey ? He's had some corking games, Crewe away for instance he was different class, and in others he's been really poor. Today, in open play he was average, but in front of goal absolutely clinical. He's been far from clinical before today however, so make of that what you will. Unless the loan gets extended he won't be coming here permenently but to be honest if he comes back to you I don't think your old frustrations with CD will have gone away.

Yes I agree its good Davies is scoring.

But drop Hughes?? Granted he was :censored:e today (like the majority) but he hasnt struggled to score goals recently has he?!?! Infact hasnt he got more than Davies?!

Edited by Butter

Whats the discussion about dropping Hughes?

It should be and Hughes and Davies upfront every game this season barring suspensions and injuries.

They are 2 of the best strikers in this division,play them both together for the rest of the season but dont go ape if one of them has a bad game or doesn't score.

They have scored as many goals as any partnership in this division.

Its simple, just play your best team week in week out and you wont go far wrong.