We couldn't score in open play, but OUR striker scored two today... - Davies report

soo...

as you posted that at 16:59,why do you have a reason not to be at the ground,instead of moaning on here.?

??

not sooooooooooo bloody drunk am i? :lol:

buddegger!

i would love davies to come back and prove everybody wrong,form a formiddable partnership with hughes and get us up...

just have a feeling its a done deal he isnt coming back,too much has gone on...

but there is no saying just because he scores a few out on loan he is going to hit the onion bag here....

as our county friend has said there fans are just as bemused and bewildered why he doesnt do it every game as we are.....

What's the problem? Except for the 3 today CD had only scored 2 league goals for County. He is just coming right after a very bad start and has taken 2 months to get there. Great for us when he comes back.

More the concern is the strikers who have come in while he has been away have not scored (Alessandra hatrick excepted), so no improvement in the goals for the partner to Hughes.

So we have County in the top 6 with them about to lose their improving striker in 2 weeks to another team in the top 6. Sounds great to me as I expect County to slow and Latics to push on.

Byfield has been a good player, but you are only as good as you last game(s). Therefore if Davis is back on track and he wants to play for Athletic. He should start with Hughes as soon as he comes back.

There again maybe its the whisky I drink.

Also reading some of the drunks on here I wonder if there should be a message board blackout on Saturday nights.

So we have County in the top 6 with them about to lose their improving striker in 2 weeks to another team in the top 6. Sounds great to me as I expect County to slow and Latics to push on.

on Saturday nights.

I wouldn't be so sure abot County. Under Gannon we've acually been much stronger in the second half of the season when his squad rotation policy sees us fresh whilst others are flagging. When Davies goes we'll bring someone else in, probably on loan, but I can tell you for certain that we'll find a good un. Gannon has an outstanding record in the transfer market.

Cheers latics fickle fans who have booed Craig Davies since his 1 misdemeanour at Roccydally - cheers to those 'booing' yesterday just because we drew. Keep getting behind the team - magic! Is it any wonder our home form has dipped, playing under the pressure of mindless clowns who ball and shout because they think we have a right to tan teams at home!

Are we just not at the level/position where we deserve to be?

Cheers latics fickle fans who have booed Craig Davies since his 1 misdemeanour at Roccydally - cheers to those 'booing' yesterday just because we drew. Keep getting behind the team - magic! Is it any wonder our home form has dipped, playing under the pressure of mindless clowns who ball and shout because they think we have a right to tan teams at home!

Are we just not at the level/position where we deserve to be?

Exactly.

O how i love the away games, a chance to get away from the boring, booing sods at BP!

Craig Davies has not only been booed for the incident at Rochdale. It is more to do with his attitude, sulking and the fact he hasn't scored that many goals. 14 last year but most of them were in first half of the season.

If he comes back here and is in form then great, but I won't be surprised to see him come back just like he was when he left, and it wont be long till the boos start again

Craig Davies has not only been booed for the incident at Rochdale. It is more to do with his attitude, sulking and the fact he hasn't scored that many goals. 14 last year but most of them were in first half of the season.

If he comes back here and is in form then great, but I won't be surprised to see him come back just like he was when he left, and it wont be long till the boos start again

How many 90 minutes did he get after his return to the 1st team? i'll guarantee it wasn't as many as he has had at Stockport. To be fair to him as well, i'd have been a bit peed off , knowing that i'd let the club down, been disciplined for club and country, fell out with my manager then come back into the team to be booed and unfairly criticised by many of my own fans, without really having a run of games to turn that around. But hey, if latics fans are happy to see hughes leave and allessandra and O grady up front then so be it - keep him there!!! Let's get a grip hey!

Tends to happen that way when you get injured in February. I'm no fan of Davies, but sometimes criticism needs to be fair!

Tends to happen that way when you get injured in February. I'm no fan of Davies, but sometimes criticism needs to be fair!

Fair enough. Just my opinion that most of the time he isn't much of a threat.

As for Futchers, when did I say leave him at Stockport? I'd be happy for him to come back and play, I just not too expectant that we'll see him scoring that many goals. Even Stockport fans are unsure about him so lets not be giving it this he's one of the best strikers in the league bull:censored: that was said above

As for Futchers, when did I say leave him at Stockport? I'd be happy for him to come back and play, I just not too expectant that we'll see him scoring that many goals. Even Stockport fans are unsure about him so lets not be giving it this he's one of the best strikers in the league bull:censored: that was said above

I still have doubts about what he brings to the team as a whole. I saw him play in their FA Cup demise and it was the same Craig Davies who frustrates the hell out of me at BP.

I think Stockport would be willing to loan him until May, but not to part with ready cash for his services.

Fair enough. Just my opinion that most of the time he isn't much of a threat.

Why, who said he's one of the best strikers in the league? Your post suggested the boos would start before he's even come back, that's the bit i didn't get?

And i'd put a mortgage on that, with a run in the team, he will score more than O grady/Allessandra and Smalley combined!!

Edited by futchers briefs

Not sure how my post suggested that. I would expect him to be welcomed back with open arms, I'm just not expecting to see a new Craig Davies, and it wont take too many poor performances before the boos return. Not saying booing him is right, but unless he comes back scoring that is what i'd expect

Not sure how my post suggested that. I would expect him to be welcomed back with open arms, I'm just not expecting to see a new Craig Davies, and it wont take too many poor performances before the boos return. Not saying booing him is right, but unless he comes back scoring that is what i'd expect

You are probably right, which goes to show those who boo know cock all about the game.

I would expect the club to recall Davies from his loan spell tomorrow.

The loan deal had a 24 hour recall clause after the 1st month. (you can't recall a player in the 1st month.)

Will Davies make a difference to us? We all know his abilities and his frustrations. He will not have changed by being at Stockport for such a short spell. However, what he now has is a run of games under his belt for the first time since February (9/10 months) and goals against his name.

He can be as frustrating as hell as far as I am concerned and I won't be that bothered as long as he hits the back of the onion bag, which as I say he has shown he can do whilst on loan at Stockport.

If the clubs stated plan was to allow him to get games and help Stockport take points off our other rivals then that has partly happened. However, it has also allowed Stockport to creep up as rivals to us and there is now no way the club can allow that situation to continue.

Cheers,

Harry