bye bye hughes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I like to see the contract he has signed with another club, you see if he has, we could sue him, he isnt allowed to talk to another club until January. The club will come up with a good deal for him. Lets see what happens.

He is if the club allow him to, Simon.

I think you may find that is libelous.

Maybe it is but it's a fact that he ran away from an accident that he'd caused by 'irresponsible' driving which lead to some poor bloke dying which is down right disgraceful and unforgiveable - as I'm sure we all agree - and after being given a second chance you would think he would just be grateful and keep his head down, but as I said before, he's cocky, arrogant and blatently doesn't give a sh1t about anyone but himself.

im bored now anyway hopefully he will leave!!

Aw bless.

Have you been out for a couple of pints today and got yourself a bit hot and bothered love? Blimey, it seemed for a while there you found an opinion in the bottom of one of your shandy glasses.

Shame you haven't got the gumption to argue the point further.

The guy has come here, scored goals, enjoyed his football, played with a smile on his face and for me been entertaining and refreshing to see a "real" centre forward at boundary park, rather than a lot of the dross we have seen here for many a year. If he goes - good luck to him - if he stays, great!

I had many a conversation yesterday with quite a few "sensible" fans and we all agreed that the team is crying out for a wellens/murray/killkenny type of footballer - yet the stick that wellens got from some on here and in the stands was untrue at times - and now again with Hughes, a genuinely quality footballer and we want to give it to him?

Unbelievable, have 11 honest, hard working, "lacking in ability" players in your team and you will find plenty more to moan about, that is a fact!!

The guy has come here, scored goals, enjoyed his football, played with a smile on his face and for me been entertaining and refreshing to see a "real" centre forward at boundary park, rather than a lot of the dross we have seen here for many a year. If he goes - good luck to him - if he stays, great!

I had many a conversation yesterday with quite a few "sensible" fans and we all agreed that the team is crying out for a wellens/murray/killkenny type of footballer - yet the stick that wellens got from some on here and in the stands was untrue at times - and now again with Hughes, a genuinely quality footballer and we want to give it to him?

Unbelievable, have 11 honest, hard working, "lacking in ability" players in your team and you will find plenty more to moan about, that is a fact!!

Absolutely spot on, said it before, we could stick frigging Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba and Torres up front for us - and they still wouldnt frigging score, because they wouldnt get sodding any service... its pathetic, I actually think our ability to create a chance has gone down from last season, when we all agreed that our midfield was the main area that needs looking at.

I'm sorry, but Danny Whitt is a shadow of the first 6 games... what has changed? Motivation, no lewi? Just been plain found out? But our midfield creates absolutely toss all for our forwards. Allott does his job, but everyone else needs to seriously look at themselves - Including Chris Taylor. Can you honestly remember a time where he has set up a clear cut chance for someone else recently? Now... he is a billiant player at commiting defenders, but 9 times out of 10 it leeds to him having a shot, or nothing - for him to truly develop he needs to find another blue shirt occasionally in the box.... a la Danny Jones Vs Walsall.

Now... as futchers has said, for mewhoever we play up front doesnt matter a jot at the moment... but I'd tell you what, If leeds or Donny offered us a deal for any of our players involving Wellens or KK coming the other way - no matter whom it was for - i would snap their hands off... would improve our team no end...

Absolutely spot on, said it before, we could stick frigging Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba and Torres up front for us - and they still wouldnt frigging score, because they wouldnt get sodding any service... its pathetic, I actually think our ability to create a chance has gone down from last season, when we all agreed that our midfield was the main area that needs looking at.

I'm sorry, but Danny Whitt is a shadow of the first 6 games... what has changed? Motivation, no lewi? Just been plain found out? But our midfield creates absolutely toss all for our forwards. Allott does his job, but everyone else needs to seriously look at themselves - Including Chris Taylor. Can you honestly remember a time where he has set up a clear cut chance for someone else recently? Now... he is a billiant player at commiting defenders, but 9 times out of 10 it leeds to him having a shot, or nothing - for him to truly develop he needs to find another blue shirt occasionally in the box.... a la Danny Jones Vs Walsall.

Now... as futchers has said, for mewhoever we play up front doesnt matter a jot at the moment... but I'd tell you what, If leeds or Donny offered us a deal for any of our players involving Wellens or KK coming the other way - no matter whom it was for - i would snap their hands off... would improve our team no end...

And give some of the :clown: someone to moan about again! and BF you have touched a really good point that was CLEARLY missing yesterday - no Jones!! Not once did Lomax overlap Taylo yesterday and give their fullback/midfielder something to think about. Melligan never needed to track Taylor back because Lomax didn't have the confidence/nouse/ability to go beyond Taylor and give us another option. We missed Jones' deep attacking threat big time!

[/b]

And give some of the :clown: someone to moan about again! and BF you have touched a really good point that was CLEARLY missing yesterday - no Jones!! Not once did Lomax overlap Taylo yesterday and give their fullback/midfielder something to think about. Melligan never needed to track Taylor back because Lomax didn't have the confidence/nouse/ability to go beyond Taylor and give us another option. We missed Jones' deep attacking threat big time!

I agree, I have just reread my post and thought it sounded too critical of Chrissy, we need his ability to beat players, but we also desperately need someone who can cross, pass and put it on a plate for our strikers... as you say, that works so well when that is jones is it also means that Taylor is not double marked...

... and anyone who says that creative person is Liddell... well you can just :censored: off... and thats about as creative i'm being on that arguement today!

Deano also needs his shot again... was brillaint against cheltenham away, then got injured... lets home sherdan remembers he can play football in the near future... for me, Maher and Allott holding in the centre, and Smalley and Taylor bombing down the wings has the pace and balance we are sadly lacking at the moment...

I'm going to throw a spanner in here..... there have been comments about Hughes not making an effort, expecting balls to be passed to him, no running around.... Isn't that the same with Liddel? I'm not slating him, I'm just saying that's his style of play. Hughes has never been a Warney. But he does score goals.

I'm going to throw a spanner in here..... there have been comments about Hughes not making an effort, expecting balls to be passed to him, no running around.... Isn't that the same with Liddel? I'm not slating him, I'm just saying that's his style of play. Hughes has never been a Warney. But he does score goals.

Warney would never be a hughes!! :wink:

:lol:

No spanner there Jac! I am slating him - he contributes :censored: all to our general play... Penalties yadda yadda yadda.... just another cog in our uttely innefectuall midfield... who contributes absoutely nothing to our strikers...

Hopefully Shez might rememebr that Maher and Smalley exist in time for the crewe game... however it is doubtful...

Edited by BigfinLatic

I thought Lidds did well tracking back yesterday .. made one or two good recovery tackles .. and he did well last week imo.

Whilst not into stats - according to the telegraph fantasy football........Lidds is the 7th most valuable "striker" in the division - still not bad for an ageing midfielder!! He is still contributing far more than people really want to credit him for!

Couldnt agree more.