Lost the Faith

The public of Oldham responded (to an extent) but where was the commitment from Shez and the team?

Another dire display against a team at the bottom. Shez challenged Orient to come and make a game of it and they were the only team who did. Well Shez, they came at us and played football like you asked and you've been shown up. Again.

Another home game, another point won by a penalty. And chances that can be counted on two fingers. At home we're gash, and away I believe we aint much better until we give teams a 2-0 lead after half an hour.

Time to go Shez. Bollox to us having one of the smallest budgets in the league. Who we trying to kid? A spine of Crossley, Gregan, Lidds, Maher and Hughes? That excuse aint washing. There's no excuse.

We don't deserve the stay aways to come back...why should they? I'm even asking myself why I bother. It's absolutely dire League 1 football and as long as Shez is in charge it's going to remain that way.

He's had more than enough time and money and what has he got to show for it?

Shez Out. I'd have Stitch back tomorrow and that's saying something.

E4e

1SONG

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Rubbish, we havent lost a match in six games.

As for budget, are you saying we can compete with Leeds, Leicester, MK Dons and Peterborough? Cos I dont think we can.

The public of Oldham responded (to an extent) but where was the commitment from Shez and the team?

Another dire display against a team at the bottom. Shez challenged Orient to come and make a game of it and they were the only team who did. Well Shez, they came at us and played football like you asked and you've been shown up. Again.

Another home game, another point won by a penalty. And chances that can be counted on two fingers. At home we're gash, and away I believe we aint much better until we give teams a 2-0 lead after half an hour.

Time to go Shez. Bollox to us having one of the smallest budgets in the league. Who we trying to kid? A spine of Crossley, Gregan, Lidds, Maher and Hughes? That excuse aint washing. There's no excuse.

We don't deserve the stay aways to come back...why should they? I'm even asking myself why I bother. It's absolutely dire League 1 football and as long as Shez is in charge it's going to remain that way.

He's had more than enough time and money and what has he got to show for it?

Shez Out. I'd have Stitch back tomorrow and that's saying something.

E4e

1SONG

Stitch is here. I think you're a little over the top and harsh on Shez. Mind you I'm beyond caring. Shez in or Shez out....it's irrelevant. This club's going nowhere :(

Rubbish, we havent lost a match in six games.

As for budget, are you saying we can compete with Leeds, Leicester, MK Dons and Peterborough? Cos I dont think we can.

Im sorry, but theres nothing else to say but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... i think that covers it!

What a joke! Gee

Oh, and :lol:

WERE :censored: 6TH IN THE LEAGUE MATE!!!!!!!!

Well....which is it? I'd guess our budget within the league matches our placing.

We let Peterbrough go 2-0 up for being basically in dilly do land when the rebound from their penalty came out, i can accept that, but basically its one of the things Sheridan should of highlighted after the game and made damn sure next time it happens we are alert and clear the danger, same thing happens today and we're as gormless as ever, no-one went near the :censored: ball, all of them clueless, and its cost us yet again, surely thats Sheridan's fault?

For all you know Shez did highlight it ... for all you know they did work on it. Shez can only do so much, and im sorry as much as try and think it, he cant be held responsible for defenders being slow to react from a penalty.

Didn't lose our first 8, then came the dodgy spell, now unbeaten in 7... we're doing decent.

If we had 37 points from 21 games in any, ANY of the last 5 seasons we'd be top 3. it's just that this season there are more top sides than usual. (A bit like 02/03)

We're on course for 81 points, which would be a great total. (Extrapolate Leicester's total, btw, and they're in line for 103 pts!)

I can understand people being frustrated that we haven't picked up even more points, which, yes, we could have done, but at the same time we've grabbed points from losing situations too.

But to say Sheridan should be sacked?! We'd by the laughing stock of the division...

And rightly so.

Some people should take off their shít-tinted glasses, they might even enjoy themselves!

=)

Edited by Simpo

Well after concededing a poor goal one week due to basic stuff surely its one thing as a manager you get sorted and put right, maybe i wouldn't be so bothered if it happened in Feb/March but its happened the game after! It wasn't as though one tried to clear it and it rebounded off them, it was just pure crap.

As said, maybe he did work on it .. and as i said you can only do so much!

Its like penalties .. you can only practice it so much but nothing reflects the game situation! You may work these penalites in training but it dosent reflect a game situation, with tired defenders and lively strikers etc.

I`m sorry, but i really cannot believe what im seeing here, people are seriously calling for Shez`s head ... when we unbeaten in 7 is it ... and in 6th position coming into the christmas period! At the start of August looking at the table, and the likes of Leeds, Leics, Millwall, Hudds, MK and PBoro, i think the majority would have gladly taken our position! Yet no were here, everyone is suddenly up in arms!

Ive read people having a pop at Shez`s motivational skills ... a week after he and the lads came back from 2behind against a good P`Boro team. Ive read people blaming Shez for the goal .. despite him being nowhere near the ball or even on the pitch! Why not be reasonable and actually blame the players ... after all they were the ones who didnt clear the thing and react, not Sheridan!

Weve got a decent squad, and were in a decent position. I said before today that we look a totally different team away than at home, away the lads and the fans are more confident, even when we go 2 down, theres more encouragement and less criticism. How about instead of letting out a boo ... or a mouthful of abuse why not encourage, it dosent exactly take much.

Im rambling now, but just wanted to convey my utter dismay at those calling for Shez`s head, i understand everyone has an opinion but deary me ...

Hmm .. ok :unsure:

i cant comment on todays game as i wasnt there,been doing a 12 hour shift at work.

i do think however that people need to take there blinkers off to a certain degree....yes we may be 6th in the table at this exact moment in time....

but after another poor performance(constant texts and calls from mate in the chaddy) it wont take long before teams start to bypass us and we level out to were our asperations really lie..... mid table.

you cant deny that were unbeaten in 6 games,but you have to admit performance isnt matching a team in 6th place.

I`m sorry, but i really cannot believe what im seeing here, people are seriously calling for Shez`s head ... when we unbeaten in 7 is it ... and in 6th position coming into the christmas period! At the start of August looking at the table, and the likes of Leeds, Leics, Millwall, Hudds, MK and PBoro, i think the majority would have gladly taken our position! Yet no were here, everyone is suddenly up in arms!

Ive read people having a pop at Shez`s motivational skills ... a week after he and the lads came back from 2behind against a good P`Boro team. Ive read people blaming Shez for the goal .. despite him being nowhere near the ball or even on the pitch! Why not be reasonable and actually blame the players ... after all they were the ones who didnt clear the thing and react, not Sheridan!

Weve got a decent squad, and were in a decent position. I said before today that we look a totally different team away than at home, away the lads and the fans are more confident, even when we go 2 down, theres more encouragement and less criticism. How about instead of letting out a boo ... or a mouthful of abuse why not encourage, it dosent exactly take much.

Im rambling now, but just wanted to convey my utter dismay at those calling for Shez`s head, i understand everyone has an opinion but deary me ...

I agree with you 100%.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that a lot of football fans are just f*****g goons.

I agree with you 100%.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that a lot of football fans are just f*****g goons.

tad harsh isnt it....

you can get 5 different people at the same game give 5 different views and opinions on the game....does that mean 1 is right and 4 are wrong????

tad harsh isnt it....

you can get 5 different people at the same game give 5 different views and opinions on the game....does that mean 1 is right and 4 are wrong????

Yep, that can often be the case. It all depends how complex the situation being looked as is.

If you took a case of serious brain injury and asked 5 people what to do, would you listen to 4 random opinions or the one from a nurse.

Anyone who says shez needs to coach the players to react to a saved penalty needs to seriously think about their prejudices. You can only, only, only blame players for that. If they don't know / can't react / fail to move in that situation, they have only themselves to blame. Not the coach, manager, fans.

I expect Shez to see the season out then get the boot (contract ends does it not?)

We're always going to be 'just in touch' of the play-offs for the rest of the season, but sadly I don't think theres much more to come from his team.

Do you? I think he might well be at Leeds by the end of January.

Whilst I don't agree with the principal point that Nik is making, there's no getting away from the fact that, under Sheridan, we have really lacked the ability to put away the teams from the bottom half of the table. As with two years ago, when we looking at promotion (top of the league on NYD after wiping the floor with Forest), we have a great record against those teams in the leading pack but an incompetence to see off those teams who we should be fully expected to beat.

Do you? I think he might well be at Leeds by the end of January.

Whilst I don't agree with the principal point that Nik is making, there's no getting away from the fact that, under Sheridan, we have really lacked the ability to put away the teams from the bottom half of the table. As with two years ago, when we looking at promotion (top of the league on NYD after wiping the floor with Forest), we have a great record against those teams in the leading pack but an incompetence to see off those teams who we should be fully expected to beat.

do you honestly believe they would go for shez.....with his dillying and dallying style of football management....

i cant see it meself,think they will want a bigish name to bail them out....

if in the unlikely event he does go to leeds....i would like to see steve cotterill given a chance....