Lost the Faith

do you honestly believe they would go for shez.....with his dillying and dallying style of football management....

i cant see it meself,think they will want a bigish name to bail them out....

if in the unlikely event he does go to leeds....i would like to see steve cotterill given a chance....

They went for Gary McAllister, FFS!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheridans comments are so negative "i would have taken 7 points from the 3 games"- home to crappy orient away to a botton of the league side and home to carlisle who are poor- would you see any other manager of a top 6 side saying that no its bollocks

Crappy Orient you say? They outplayed us for the majority of the game! I thought they looked a decent side, whether that was because of our :censored:e performance I dont know. But they must have done something right to make us play badly.. i.e Afforded us no time on the ball.

If Taylor doesnt play well or his threat is nulified we have nowt... no one else has the ability to carry the ball like he does.

Danny Whitaker AWOL!

Edited by Butter

They went for Gary McAllister, FFS!

yes but lets be honest....when he first went into management he was half decent and did a fairly good job.he packed in to look after his sick wife who sadly died....

but since he has come back footballs changed and he hasnt...

i just cant see them going for shez,yes like mcallister he is an ex player and terrace hero so to speak.....but thats about it,he still hasnt got the ability to manage and produce decent football consistantly over a season.

I agree with you 100%.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that a lot of football fans are just f*****g goons.

Makes you wonder Dave?I think you are lucky to have a Dad and Uncle who are lifelong fans who have seen a lot of the bad times ,and who dont think we have a divine right to be in the Top two Divisions.

With the exception of Doncaster (Who incidentally have a Wealthy Chairman and a good forward thinking council),who could we honestly say we are a bigger Club than,in the top 2 divisions?

All,

again the doom mongerers are out - god help us if we had lost 5 in a row?

I think we need realistic expectations from one of the lowest budgets of teams in the top half of the table.

Has everyone forgotten that we used to struggle to stay in this league, Shez knows that this year is a make or break time. We are currently 6th and in the chasing pack. The last couple of home games have been disappointing however I think some of the comments posted on here are laughable.

We are poorly supported, yet thanks to the owners have managed to get close to self-sufficiency in terms of running costs.

We have a team that has finished in the top half on less than average support(in terms of numbers through the turnstile)

for each of the last 3 years. We are likely to do this again this year and have a better than even chance of being in the play offs come May for the 2nd time in 3years. Even Joe didn't achieve this(yes I know it was a div higher).

So Mr and Mrs negative, I believe it is about time all the "Poor me, my team is crap and its not my fault" posts should stop and we should concentrate on getting behind the lads when the chips are down rather than just when things are going our way.

Get behind your team and his management, stop suggesting replacements for a manager in his first management job and be thankful for the position we are in because again in my opinion we are in the best place we have been in for ten years in terms of looking forward. Look at the teams around us ffs and tell us which one is smaller than us

KTF and enjoy looking down on the majority of the league and have a good xmas

Danny Whitaker AWOL!

apart from his clearance off the goal line....

Very very frustrating game. We desperately need Gregan back,even if we have to stick a Hannibal Lecter mask on him to protect his gob, cos no-one else is taking a lead on the pitch. But in the real world we're 6th at Christmas so let's not get carried away.

Crappy Orient you say? They outplayed us for the majority of the game! I thought they looked a decent side, whether that was because of our :censored:e performance I dont know. But they must have done something right to make us play badly.. i.e Afforded us no time on the ball.

If Taylor doesnt play well or his threat is nulified we have nowt... no one else has the ability to carry the ball like he does.

Danny Whitaker AWOL!

i agree about taylor , and i,m not calling for shez out but i,m a little sick of hearing him say players have to do more,then he does nothing about it,if they are so bad bench them for a few weeks and give someone else a chance that should put a rocket up everyones backside its time to stop moaning and take action.

The public of Oldham responded (to an extent) but where was the commitment from Shez and the team?

Another dire display against a team at the bottom. Shez challenged Orient to come and make a game of it and they were the only team who did. Well Shez, they came at us and played football like you asked and you've been shown up. Again.

Another home game, another point won by a penalty. And chances that can be counted on two fingers. At home we're gash, and away I believe we aint much better until we give teams a 2-0 lead after half an hour.

Time to go Shez. Bollox to us having one of the smallest budgets in the league. Who we trying to kid? A spine of Crossley, Gregan, Lidds, Maher and Hughes? That excuse aint washing. There's no excuse.

We don't deserve the stay aways to come back...why should they? I'm even asking myself why I bother. It's absolutely dire League 1 football and as long as Shez is in charge it's going to remain that way.

He's had more than enough time and money and what has he got to show for it?

Shez Out. I'd have Stitch back tomorrow and that's saying something.

E4e

1SONGa agrrre 500 percent nik or is that agrre 100 percent .oops agree one hundred percent . no midfield mate to much space created for the opposing team how can you expect to operate with top class strikers ,when all they receive..did i spell recieve wright...is piss poor service..time for mr dowie and his trusted mule harbin to sort this mess out..

J.E.A.N.SPS HOW DO YOU SPELL JEANS

Stitch is here. I think you're a little over the top and harsh on Shez. Mind you I'm beyond caring. Shez in or Shez out....it's irrelevant. This club's going nowhere :(

I retract this. I was pretty pissed off today with the attendance, the game and their equaliser. And I was tired :) However I am now extremely anxious to get promoted this season for the sake of our future.

Sort it out Shezza!!

i agree about taylor , and i,m not calling for shez out but i,m a little sick of hearing him say players have to do more,then he does nothing about it,if they are so bad bench them for a few weeks and give someone else a chance that should put a rocket up everyones backside its time to stop moaning and take action.

He won't though, that's his problem. It was clear after 20 minutes yesterday that the midfield was cack. whitaker was pisspoor and should have been hauled off. Allott was ok and had a storming spell for 15-20 minutes befire their goal. Shez bleats about 'taking care of the ball' the best player at the club to do that is Maher. it was clear we wouldn't score again, so the best way to hold onto a one goal lead is 'to take care of the ball' so he should have been on. I was not impressed with Whitaker's signing in the summer, however to be fair to the lad he did ok in the first third of the season, however I am convinced he was playing above his station - a bit like Allott last season and now we are seeing Whitaker's true capabilities; that of an anonymous 4th division player, he has to be dropped. We win 3/3 with Maher in the team Danny comes back in and we are dropping points again. Have the bollocks to change it Shez.

PS Is Taylor injured? He looked so lethargic yesterday?

He won't though, that's his problem. It was clear after 20 minutes yesterday that the midfield was cack. whitaker was pisspoor and should have been hauled off. Allott was ok and had a storming spell for 15-20 minutes befire their goal. Shez bleats about 'taking care of the ball' the best player at the club to do that is Maher. it was clear we wouldn't score again, so the best way to hold onto a one goal lead is 'to take care of the ball' so he should have been on. I was not impressed with Whitaker's signing in the summer, however to be fair to the lad he did ok in the first third of the season, however I am convinced he was playing above his station - a bit like Allott last season and now we are seeing Whitaker's true capabilities; that of an anonymous 4th division player, he has to be dropped. We win 3/3 with Maher in the team Danny comes back in and we are dropping points again. Have the bollocks to change it Shez.

Apart from the taylor bit at the end - i agree 100%. Not good enough!

I think we've a split camp. On one hand we're 6th and there for better off than 18 teams going into Xmas, so some say it's goin ok. Whilst the other camp is saying the serving is crap and we look like we could lose most games. It's more complex for me than those two statements. I am more swayed to the latter and I know that kinda performance will not bring in the crowds, nor promotion and that disheartens me for the future as much as it does the present. I defy anyone to tell me they came out that ground yesterday entertained, joy in their hearts and a spring in their step. Yet another low lying struggling team gave us a footballing lesson and were better than us.

One massive plus, Flemming as faced 3 pens and not let one in directly thats brilliant in anyone's book.

Agree Prozac.

The midfield was shown up at Stockport for being pedestrian like yet Shez has stuck with it...oh apart from that 3 game winning streak when Maher played. Hmmm.

And remember that mauling we got at Swindon with Shez coming out after the game saying 'players take it for granted they're playing, well not anymore, we've good players on the bench that will now come in blah blah blah'. Well the only thing that changed after that game was CD going out on loan (who only played 30 mins at Swindon). And the team at Swindon was near identical to yesterdays...bar Crossley, Jones, Gregan and Ormerod (bar the latter they're all first choice when fit).

So Shez, who are those players you referred to at Swindon and where are the chances you've given to those players sat on the bench?

And now it's the same old comments 'players need to grow up, not strong enough, no leaders, if they want to stay in the team, think they can just turn up blah blah effin blah'.

Shez, we've heard it all before. You haven't the bollox to change it. But I hope TTA do.

Oh and perhaps Taylor has had enough, wouldn't you? When all you get is the ball played to you and the rest of the team then just sit back, phew, job done, give it Chris, he'll do something.

E4e

ENUFF

Isnt it funny how a week can change everything ... Since we came back from 2 down, Hughes has suddenly become murdering scum to some on here, the lads are all s*** and theres calls for Sheridans head :unsure: ... can people get anymore fickle, jesus ... i can bet no-one was saying these things after our superb come back last week .. Get a grip FFS!

I defy anyone to tell me they came out that ground yesterday entertained, joy in their hearts and a spring in their step. Yet another low lying struggling team gave us a footballing lesson and were better than us.

That's spot on Lags. The amount of stay aways I saw yesterday was very impressive. Old faces I used to see up and down the country. Why should they come back after that trash? The only thing that will encourage them back is a successful team. TTA nailed Shez after the Cheltenham FA Cup defeat for blowing that chance against inferior opposition, I'd expect a severe rocket (to put it mildly) heading his way.

I'm closer to joining the stay aways with every passing day. Damn season ticket!

E4e

ENDOF

I expect Shez to see the season out then get the boot (contract ends does it not?)

We're always going to be 'just in touch' of the play-offs for the rest of the season, but sadly I don't think theres much more to come from his team.

no ends 2010, but we have 10 players out of contract so could be argued that it would be a good time for a new manager to come in

which, unless we really go down the :censored:ter and finish lower than last year, i dont want to happen

shez in

Well I won't be going to Hudds due to the unfortunate circumstance that I can't be @rsed.

O deary me ...

TBH, im pleased ... like said i enjoy the away days so much more as its the hardcore, the people who want to go and not just feel obliged due to a season ticket ... people who will actually get behind the team.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Isnt it funny how a week can change everything ... Since we came back from 2 down, Hughes has suddenly become murdering scum to some on here, the lads are all s*** and theres calls for Sheridans head :unsure: ... can people get anymore fickle, jesus ... i can bet no-one was saying these things after our superb come back last week .. Get a grip FFS!

To be quite honest I've heard more than once and too many occasions things said like "that is papering over the cracks". What I will say we have improved this season in regards of comebacks compared to last season. However yesterday was terrible to watch and to some, and all the stay aways more reason not to believe and stay away. It's fine and dandy to say well we don't need that type, whereas actually we do. Without the crowds and revenue we are staying put or declining....fact.

Edited by Lags