Lost the Faith

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bully for you. Frankly, with this side, on this budget (which we will not see next season) I wouldn't have done.

Being positive has nothing to do with anything. We're not the team.

How big do you think our budget was? If it went off budget alone the teams above us would surely be..

Leicester

Leeds

Peterborough

MK Dons

Millwall

Huddersfield

maybe others as well.

I do not believe for a minute that shez had a budget that was in the largest 5 in league 1

All,

again the doom mongerers are out - god help us if we had lost 5 in a row?

I think we need realistic expectations from one of the lowest budgets of teams in the top half of the table.

Has everyone forgotten that we used to struggle to stay in this league, Shez knows that this year is a make or break time. We are currently 6th and in the chasing pack. The last couple of home games have been disappointing however I think some of the comments posted on here are laughable.

We are poorly supported, yet thanks to the owners have managed to get close to self-sufficiency in terms of running costs.

We have a team that has finished in the top half on less than average support(in terms of numbers through the turnstile)

for each of the last 3 years. We are likely to do this again this year and have a better than even chance of being in the play offs come May for the 2nd time in 3years. Even Joe didn't achieve this(yes I know it was a div higher).

So Mr and Mrs negative, I believe it is about time all the "Poor me, my team is crap and its not my fault" posts should stop and we should concentrate on getting behind the lads when the chips are down rather than just when things are going our way.

Get behind your team and his management, stop suggesting replacements for a manager in his first management job and be thankful for the position we are in because again in my opinion we are in the best place we have been in for ten years in terms of looking forward. Look at the teams around us ffs and tell us which one is smaller than us

KTF and enjoy looking down on the majority of the league and have a good xmas

The main reason why we're poorly supported is that the team is consistently unsuccessful, inspiring only indifference in the wider Oldham public.

TTA have done a good job, but are continually let down by the mugs on the pitch.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

How big do you think our budget was? If it went off budget alone the teams above us would surely be..

Leicester

Leeds

Peterborough

MK Dons

Millwall

Huddersfield

maybe others as well.

I do not believe for a minute that shez had a budget that was in the largest 5 in league 1

The only point that matters is that it's the biggest budget we can hope for.

If we're unsuccesful once again, we will be able to look forward to a smaller budget still next season, and all the happy clappers will be able to congratulate themselves on how small and badly supported we are.

Come on lickle Oldham!

I think we've a split camp. On one hand we're 6th and there for better off than 18 teams going into Xmas, so some say it's goin ok. Whilst the other camp is saying the serving is crap and we look like we could lose most games. It's more complex for me than those two statements. I am more swayed to the latter and I know that kinda performance will not bring in the crowds, nor promotion and that disheartens me for the future as much as it does the present. I defy anyone to tell me they came out that ground yesterday entertained, joy in their hearts and a spring in their step. Yet another low lying struggling team gave us a footballing lesson and were better than us.

One massive plus, Flemming as faced 3 pens and not let one in directly thats brilliant in anyone's book.

I and the two former regulars came out of the ground agreeing that despite the result it wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon-for a fiver each. At twenty quid the players really are taking us for a ride.

Perhaps clubs at the no-hope level where we appear to be stuck ought, after all, to drop the prices to a level that most people can afford, and let those fans who know the cause is all but hopeless treat it as a couple of hours casual, poor entertainment like going to the cinema to see a film with Madonna in it, because that's how it felt yesterday.

I don't know if it was because I was with people who don't much care anymore, but at 4.50pm yesterday for the first time I came out of BP feeling totally fatalistic.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Why am I a happy clapper? Yesterday was :censored:. Simple.

But to say our budget should see us higher than sixth in the league is complete and utter garbage. Luckily it is not the budget that decides where we are in the league though, as we would be lower than sixth.

We are able to contend with promotion despite our smaller budget but you actually said that our budget should see us placed higher than sixth. If you just admit that was a silly comment we can move on

Why am I a happy clapper? Yesterday was :censored:. Simple.

But to say our budget should see us higher than sixth in the league is complete and utter garbage. Luckily it is not the budget that decides where we are in the league though, as we would be lower than sixth.

We are able to contend with promotion despite our smaller budget but you actually said that our budget should see us placed higher than sixth. If you just admit that was a silly comment we can move on

You were the one who started to use the budget as an excuse for ineptitude, not me.

Why? Past Latics squads have been built on small budgets and managed to compete with bigger clubs.

Thats the past mate footballs changed. Look at the teams in the Premier League and Championship, on the whole they all have a bit of money to spend! We dont simple as!

If we really want to get in the Championship and stay there we are going to need new owners who are prepared to spend a shed load of money not the TTA who trying to make the club sustainable.

To be quite honest I've heard more than once and too many occasions things said like "that is papering over the cracks". What I will say we have improved this season in regards of comebacks compared to last season. However yesterday was terrible to watch and to some, and all the stay aways more reason not to believe and stay away. It's fine and dandy to say well we don't need that type, whereas actually we do. Without the crowds and revenue we are staying put or declining....fact.

Another worrying fact is that there seemed to be a considerable percentage of the crowd yesterday who weren't Latics fans, but simply happen to know a Latics fan and came along for the ride or under cajolement.

And still the crowd was only 6800.

You brought up budget. I stated we should be above sixth due to how big it was.

And don't call me son again you patronising .....

And don't call me Shirley.

I didn't say you brought up budgets but that you started to use the allegedly small (but best we can hope for) budget as an excuse for ineptitude.

I never called you son.

Another worrying fact is that there seemed to be a considerable percentage of the crowd yesterday who weren't Latics fans, but simply happen to know a Latics fan and came along for the ride or under cajolement.

And still the crowd was only 6800.

The crowds are low because we dont have many fans!

The crowds are low because we dont have many fans!

No...

The crowds are low because we play in a :censored: division, in a :censored: stadium offering a :censored: day out for a large sum of money....

Strangly...I will still be back next week....

Edited by oafc0000