Lost the Faith

Thats the past mate footballs changed. Look at the teams in the Premier League and Championship, on the whole they all have a bit of money to spend! We dont simple as!

If we really want to get in the Championship and stay there we are going to need new owners who are prepared to spend a shed load of money not the TTA who trying to make the club sustainable.

I doubt if you could include Bansley or Blackpool amongst the second division's financial big hitters.

The fact is that sustainability and success reinforce each other. TTA seem to understand this now, which may be why they've stated that their ambition is promotion on more than one occasion.

As things stand, neither promotion nor sustainability seem on the cards. We have a shaky, unstable squad in a deteriorating, dated ground, with all plans dependent on an economic upturn as we stand on the verge of another Great Depression.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As things stand, neither promotion nor sustainability seem on the cards. We have a shaky, unstable squad in a deteriorating, dated ground, with all plans dependent on an economic upturn as we stand on the verge of another Great Depression.

How can you say promotion dosent seem on the cards? Were SIXTH for heavens sake, not sixteenth lad!

Edited by kellys_discopants

6th place doesn't equate to ineptitude though does it, Shirley

No, but performances like yesterday's, Cheltenham, Yeovil etc etc undoubtedly do. As others have pointed out, a few more of them and we won't be able to take comfort in the fact that 'we are sixth' (when did they start handing out prizes for sixth place anyway?)

And don't call me Shirley.

No, but performances like yesterday's, Cheltenham, Yeovil etc etc undoubtedly do. As others have pointed out, a few more of them and we won't be able to take comfort in the fact that 'we are sixth' (when did they start handing out prizes for sixth place anyway?)

And don't call me Shirley.

yes, but also performances like Leeds, Peterbrough, MK, Scunthorpe do!

The main reason why we're poorly supported is that the team is consistently unsuccessful, inspiring only indifference in the wider Oldham public.

TTA have done a good job, but are continually let down by the mugs on the pitch.

Simple statement but 100% correct....THE ONLY WAY to get increased crowds and local interest up is a promotion, plain and simple.

We've bloody well tried everything else!!!

The play-offs. Yipee, we do well in them, don't we?

Yeah because we are forever doomed at not doing well in the play offs arent we....

Didn't realise they'd started having the play-offs in December.

Exactly, yet your ready to write us off yet we find ourselfs in the play off zone.... Which is a acceptable postion for myself...

Edited by oafc0000

Isnt it funny how a week can change everything ... Since we came back from 2 down, Hughes has suddenly become murdering scum to some on here, the lads are all s*** and theres calls for Sheridans head :unsure: ... can people get anymore fickle, jesus ... i can bet no-one was saying these things after our superb come back last week .. Get a grip FFS!

think you will probably find that apart from the first 5 games peoples verdict of how the team performances have been ,have been pretty consistant...in as much as were playing :censored: football with no pride or passion and no willingness to take a game by the throat and lead from the front..

people havent suddenly jumped to this conclusion,its been most of the season.

Yeah because we are forever doomed at not doing well in the play offs arent we....

Exactly, yet your ready to write us off yet we find ourselfs in the play off zone.... Which is a acceptable postion for myself...

6th Yes but lets face it the entertainment value at the last 5 home games (including 5 goal bore with Walsall) has been NIL.

How many of those fans who came yesterday on the cheap will come back to watch that dross.

More high balls than under RM - Byefield offering nothing that Aless or O'Grady can offer.

We need a serious injuection of passing foorball from somewhere , what's happened to the home team of Aug - Oct earlier this season when we were opening teams up playing attractive football ??

Shez or the players have lost the plot somewhere and we need to get it back quickly because even if we did finish sixth at this rate we will be playing in front of 3000 .

Maybe a rejuvinated Davies will come back in jan and inject some life into us !!!

...what's happened to the home team of Aug - Oct ...

Maybe a rejuvinated Davies will come back in jan and inject some life into us !!!

That team probably got "found out" and it looks like there hasn't been any effective change in the way we play in order to combat it. Davies' hat-trick yesterday shows what he may be capable of with a full run in the side and maybe better service. He'll probably go back on the bench until Byfield returns to Doncaster and will then have to wait until O'Grady has a dip in form/gets injured.

Unfortunately, I can't get to the games, so I am not really qualified to give a comparison in the way we've played. I think I would be just as confounded and frustrated if I did. :huh:

think you will probably find that apart from the first 5 games peoples verdict of how the team performances have been ,have been pretty consistant...in as much as were playing :censored: football with no pride or passion and no willingness to take a game by the throat and lead from the front..

people havent suddenly jumped to this conclusion,its been most of the season.

Jeez - you think it has been sh1t do you? Sorry have you been wotchin Arsenal prior to this season? Noone is as frustrated than me when we dont win but think you exagerrate somewhat. Dont think there was that much high balling yesterday - thought ball was played down flanks for Lidds and Tayls most of the 90 mins - plenty of crosses came in - they just defended em well - have seen a lot worse football than yesterday - a lot worse! No pride no passion - not sure bout that - only Whitts and Hughesy for me where not sweating blood for the cause yesterday.

Jeez - you think it has been sh1t do you? Sorry have you been wotchin Arsenal prior to this season? Noone is as frustrated than me when we dont win but think you exagerrate somewhat. Dont think there was that much high balling yesterday - thought ball was played down flanks for Lidds and Tayls most of the 90 mins - plenty of crosses came in - they just defended em well - have seen a lot worse football than yesterday - a lot worse! No pride no passion - not sure bout that - only Whitts and Hughesy for me where not sweating blood for the cause yesterday.

Suprised you said Hughes... I saw Hughes fighting for and running after tons of balls yesterday...

I was sat behind you yesterday... Was funny to see how much grief you was giving the ref :)

Edited by oafc0000

Suprised you said Hughes... I saw Hughes fighting for and running after tons of balls yesterday...

I was sat behind you yesterday... Was funny to see how much grief you was giving the ref :)

Please dont - THAT SET OF OFFICIALS WERE THE MOST BIASED SET OF BAR STEWARDS I HAVE SEEN SINCE THE BRIGHTON MATCH - seriously we seemed to have been quite lucky with officials this season but recently we are dealt a set of :censored: that give us jack :censored: and the opponents bleedin evertfin - BAHAFC, PUFC and now LOFC - wtf have we done to deserve so much :censored: - their lad dived 10 seconds after greg got the ball and penalty - WHAT A COMPLETE PILE OF FESTERING PUSS FILLED DONKEY :censored: THAT WAS!!!!!!

Please dont - THAT SET OF OFFICIALS WERE THE MOST BIASED SET OF BAR STEWARDS I HAVE SEEN SINCE THE BRIGHTON MATCH - seriously we seemed to have been quite lucky with officials this season but recently we are dealt a set of :censored: that give us jack :censored: and the opponents bleedin evertfin - BAHAFC, PUFC and now LOFC - wtf have we done to deserve so much :censored: - their lad dived 10 seconds after greg got the ball and penalty - WHAT A COMPLETE PILE OF FESTERING PUSS FILLED DONKEY :censored: THAT WAS!!!!!!

By finding you funny didnt mean I disagreed with you :) Love the jumper by the way!

Edited by oafc0000

The public of Oldham responded (to an extent) but where was the commitment from Shez and the team?

Another dire display against a team at the bottom. Shez challenged Orient to come and make a game of it and they were the only team who did. Well Shez, they came at us and played football like you asked and you've been shown up. Again.

Another home game, another point won by a penalty. And chances that can be counted on two fingers. At home we're gash, and away I believe we aint much better until we give teams a 2-0 lead after half an hour.

Time to go Shez. Bollox to us having one of the smallest budgets in the league. Who we trying to kid? A spine of Crossley, Gregan, Lidds, Maher and Hughes? That excuse aint washing. There's no excuse.

We don't deserve the stay aways to come back...why should they? I'm even asking myself why I bother. It's absolutely dire League 1 football and as long as Shez is in charge it's going to remain that way.

He's had more than enough time and money and what has he got to show for it?

Shez Out. I'd have Stitch back tomorrow and that's saying something.

E4e

1SONG

I brought quite a few neutrals today and even though it wasn't the best of games they would disagree with your rather extreme view.

Listened to Sheriden on Radio Manchester who went on about the lack of leaders on the field.

I find it odd that at this stage of the season he puts out a team against a side we are "expected " to beat and then complains when his tactics didn't come off. Does he not know who the leaders are? Or is he expecting a change of personality from these players he should know inside out.

We know there were two leaders on the bench.

Gregan - a leader definately, but bringing him on brings other concerns.

Maher - someone brought to the club because of his leadership skills and who hasn't had a chance of a decent run.

I think we need to play Allott and Maher together because we are consistently losing the midfield battle. Maybe it's time to consider Lee (opinions on this lad please as I have yet to see him in action).

Yesterday was crap no doubts, and as Rummy has said, a missed opportunity to get some of the stayaways to return, and we are hearing the same thing week in week out from Shez, no doubt he is in for a bollocking from TTA.

Yesterday I think the team played like we had a god given right to beat Leyton Orient. And we had the same problem in the stands with some of our fans.

Some fans need to wake up, smell the coffee and realise we are not a big club, even at this level. Yes eardley may make the odd stray pass, yes we may have had little creativity yesterday, but without meaning to sound disrespectful to our players, thats why we are in League 1. If every pass was inch perfect, they would be premier league players.

However, we are still 6th for one. Apart from maybe stockport, we have a much smaller budget than the rest of the chasing pack such as Millwall, Leeds, Scunny, MK Dons, Peterboro, and even some of the teams further down like Huddersfield and Southend.

For me, unless we lose ground dramatically from the chasing pack, I would like to see Shez be given untill the end of the season at the very least, if not the duration of his contract

Poster with a sense of reality and perspective on OWTB Shocker - Ban him

Guest oa_exile
Listened to Sheriden on Radio Manchester who went on about the lack of leaders on the field.

I find it odd that at this stage of the season he puts out a team against a side we are "expected " to beat and then complains when his tactics didn't come off. Does he not know who the leaders are? Or is he expecting a change of personality from these players he should know inside out.

We know there were two leaders on the bench.

Gregan - a leader definately, but bringing him on brings other concerns.

Maher - someone brought to the club because of his leadership skills and who hasn't had a chance of a decent run.

I think we need to play Allott and Maher together because we are consistently losing the midfield battle. Maybe it's time to consider Lee (opinions on this lad please as I have yet to see him in action).

TBH I see a lack of leadership off the park .................. NO PLAN B = NO IDEA

Just yet another Shez "Excuse".