Lost the Faith

Poster with a sense of reality and perspective on OWTB Shocker - Ban him

Don't you think we might have had our fill of 'reality and perspective' over the past fourteen or so years?

As people have noted, too many fans have dropped out of project lickle Oldham.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think we might have had our fill of 'reality and perspective' over the past fourteen or so years?

As people have noted, too many fans have dropped out of project lickle Oldham.

So moaning about it makes it better - rather than come out with inconsequential diatribe why don't we come up with solutions and put them to the club.

We are a small club and have the same hardcore fans we have for 30 years in terms of numbers. The way we go on Frizzell would have been outed long before he was and Royle would have been sacked in 84/85.

The competition around the catchment area is tough - we have a great youth/reserve set up and we play football in the way it should most of the time. We don't have the budgets of Leicester, Leeds, MK Dons, Millwall, Posh and many others in our division.

Supporting the club is a choice if you don't like the way it is going go and support someone who plays like in the manner you want.

Support in the true sense of the word is easy when all is rosy, its when its hard and not going your way that you see who is bothered about the club and its predicament. Fact is we are 6th in the league, and haven't played that well recently but haven't lost for 6 games. Every club will have a spell over a long season where it doesn't go their way.

How many games have we lost at BP this year in the league - 4 years ago we were struggling to survive, this year we have the best squad we have had in years and are up there with the chasing pack showing fighting spirit and the mettle to come back from 2 goal deficits.

LETS GET BEHIND THE PROGRESS AND STOP KNOCKING INDIVIDUALS who are L1 Footballers and managers playing/managing in League 1 because this is the level we are at. A bit luck and teamwork/backing for the collective unit might actually make some difference and help the players enjoy playing for Oldhamb rather than listening to the tiresome sniping eminating from the stands from people who have never played.

Sorry for the rant but feel better now thats off my chest

So moaning about it makes it better - rather than come out with inconsequential diatribe why don't we come up with solutions and put them to the club.

We are a small club and have the same hardcore fans we have for 30 years in terms of numbers. The way we go on Frizzell would have been outed long before he was and Royle would have been sacked in 84/85.

The competition around the catchment area is tough - we have a great youth/reserve set up and we play football in the way it should most of the time. We don't have the budgets of Leicester, Leeds, MK Dons, Millwall, Posh and many others in our division.

Supporting the club is a choice if you don't like the way it is going go and support someone who plays like in the manner you want.

Support in the true sense of the word is easy when all is rosy, its when its hard and not going your way that you see who is bothered about the club and its predicament. Fact is we are 6th in the league, and haven't played that well recently but haven't lost for 6 games. Every club will have a spell over a long season where it doesn't go their way.

How many games have we lost at BP this year in the league - 4 years ago we were struggling to survive, this year we have the best squad we have had in years and are up there with the chasing pack showing fighting spirit and the mettle to come back from 2 goal deficits.

LETS GET BEHIND THE PROGRESS AND STOP KNOCKING INDIVIDUALS who are L1 Footballers and managers playing/managing in League 1 because this is the level we are at. A bit luck and teamwork/backing for the collective unit might actually make some difference and help the players enjoy playing for Oldhamb rather than listening to the tiresome sniping eminating from the stands from people who have never played.

Sorry for the rant but feel better now thats off my chest

In the words of Winston'EASTLEY'Churchill...Your club needs YOU!!!

In the words of Winston'EASTLEY'Churchill...Your club needs YOU!!!

Ok so I may have been a little OTT was vexed at the start but less so by the end of my little never has so much...rant - btw in terms of reserve set up I mean't in the number of players coming through rather than not having a team in a league this year.

Just qualifying this before I'm picked up on it

No...

The crowds are low because we play in a :censored: division, in a :censored: stadium offering a :censored: day out for a large sum of money....

Strangly...I will still be back next week....

:lol: Ain't that the truth...

No, but performances like yesterday's, Cheltenham, Yeovil etc etc undoubtedly do. As others have pointed out, a few more of them and we won't be able to take comfort in the fact that 'we are sixth' (when did they start handing out prizes for sixth place anyway?)

I know, I reckon we've found our level - cos we ain't getting out of this :censored: hole for a while.

The play-offs. Yipee, we do well in them, don't we?

Didn't realise they'd started having the play-offs in December.

The main reason why we're poorly supported is that the team is consistently unsuccessful, inspiring only indifference in the wider Oldham public. TTA have done a good job, but are continually let down by the mugs on the pitch.

Simple statement but 100% correct....THE ONLY WAY to get increased crowds and local interest up is a promotion, plain and simple.

We've bloody well tried everything else!!!

Agree with everything said here, this is how I feel.

For the obvious reason that, first of all, it isn't the role of the average fan to set themselves up as unofficial advisers to the club. I have enough worries of my own and can only help Latics by continuing to come through the turnstiles. Secondly, TTA didn't get where they are today by taking advice from just any no mark off the internet. Thirdly, we elect the officials of the supporters trust to perform that kind of role.

Lastly, moaning about the team and related issues is a major part of what boards like this are for: getting things off your chest. If you've come to recognise somebody as 'a moaner', and don't like it, you simply can ignore their posts. It's easy.

Yet everyone thought he was a fantastic manager during the unbeaten run.

Shows how quickly people change thier minds doesnt it?

And I was under the impression we were still on an unbeaten run.

6th at Christmas. Not bad. Have managed to maintain ourselves in the 'mix' depsite a dip in performances (at least at home) and some droppoed points. Hopefully, if / when we 'click' again (and the next 2 games have potential for the team to get going again) we can start to impress a bit on the ptich and perhaps move up the table.

Obviously - we are not perfect, and where there are frustrations, you get moans etc. And I would imagine at ever club, that is oftern directed at the manager and one or two players (I bet Leicester fans winge at certain things). Could we be better? Yes.

But I am happy to be in a position where we are still fighting for an exciting (and potentially successful) end to the season.

Shez In - and there are a number of Leeds fans at work who wnat Sheriden at Elland Road.

And I was under the impression we were still on an unbeaten run.

6th at Christmas. Not bad. Have managed to maintain ourselves in the 'mix' depsite a dip in performances (at least at home) and some droppoed points. Hopefully, if / when we 'click' again (and the next 2 games have potential for the team to get going again) we can start to impress a bit on the ptich and perhaps move up the table.

Obviously - we are not perfect, and where there are frustrations, you get moans etc. And I would imagine at ever club, that is oftern directed at the manager and one or two players (I bet Leicester fans winge at certain things). Could we be better? Yes.

But I am happy to be in a position where we are still fighting for an exciting (and potentially successful) end to the season.

Shez In - and there are a number of Leeds fans at work who wnat Sheriden at Elland Road.

tell em ta get fooked

Guest oa_exile
The kind of astuteness you might be led to expect from somebody who uses the term 'Munich.' (Munich is spelt with a capital M, by the way.)

Theis absolutely no chance of Sheridan going to Leeds. Why would they appoint somebody else who's proved nohing yet?

Ahem :grin:

There is absolutely no chance of Sheridan going to Leeds. Why would they appoint somebody else who's proved nohing yet?

Good point....they might end up with another Gary Mac :wink:

Quick edit: They may have been impressed with the performance of the last 2 Shez sides to visit Elland Road. Fans particularly may be calling for him on the back of those performances and also our relatively good start to this season.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Good point....they might end up with another Gary Mac :wink:

Quick edit: They may have been impressed with the performance of the last 2 Shez sides to visit Elland Road. Fans particularly may be calling for him on the back of those performances and also our relatively good start to this season.

Fans don't usually 'call' Master Bates on anything.

Guest oa_exile
Old computer with faulty keyboard in measure of a poster's astuteness shock!

Whilst it's sticking you may want to re-edit this one as well :)

There is absolutely no chance of Sheridan going to Leeds. Why would they appoint somebody else who's proved nohing yet?

Quite possibly.

Reading back, I'd say it addressed your question of why they would appoint a manager who has 'proved nothing'.

First of all I cited their last manager, who was an 'unproven' former fans favourite. No similarities there then, except that Shez is probably more 'proven'. :unsure:

I then put forward further reasons why they may view him as an attractive appointment, the fans in particular.

I'll leave it at that - I have no intention in entering the typical 'tit for tat' Corporal Jones discussion. Especially when I was clearly right i the first place. :grin:

Edited by Stitch_KTF