It's simple, we need a consistent striker.

I don't believe changing the manager is the answer, or bringing in new players all over the park.

We've played 21 games, Hughes has only scored in 7, Alessandra in 2, Byfield and O'Grady none. We've relied on Taylor, Liddell and to salvage most of our points. With a consistent striker (like Millwall, Leicester and Scunny have) we'd be doing much better.

Out of 21 of our games, our strikers have scored in 9, it's quite appalling really.

Leicester have Fryatt, Scunny have Hooper, Millwall - Kandol.

I'm not convinced Davies will come back and fire on all cylinders, but which ever way it works out we really need a scoring striker.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

When was the last time a midfielder of ours threaded a pass through the opposition defence for a striker to run on to and score!!!!

It has hardly ever happened since Wellens and Kilkenny.

Shez was a bloody good midfielder but he sure as hell ain't good at picking one out!!!

In Byfield and Hughes we have potentially a bloody good pairing but without a supply line we might as well have Owen and Heskey!!!!

First opportunity to comment about yesterday's performance and I'd like to throw my thoughts in to the mix after some good points raised.

I don't think we have bad forwards or bad midfielders. I just believe the two areas are NOT working together.

Liddell is still putting over good crosses but we don't have a "big, daft" centre forward at the club to take advantage of them.

What we do have are two mobile forwards who aren't getting service to their feet when running forward. When was the last time any of our forwards had a one-on-one with the keeper?

So something has to change! Is it the midfield or the forward lines?

I would personally look at trying for the big forward in January.

APOLOGIES - important word missed out earlier.

Edited by mikejh45

Simple....pass the bloody ball to the strikers

Diagonal balls along the ground. Not hoof it a foot over the striker's head.

Low hard crosses a foot off the ground. Not a gentle loop in to the arms of an opposition goalkeeper.

The original post says "We've played 21 games, Hughes has only scored in 7" - well, even ignoring the hat-trick and braces, a goal every three games is still a decent return from any striker. Hughes is averaging 1 in 2 which is not far off as good as it gets.

Edited by opinions4u

We really do need a creative midfield player. Allot tries his best but is better breaking up the play and passing short to keep the game going. And despite Liddell's experience and weighing in with a few pens and the odd good cross I really wish he would learn how to tackle or close down his man. He simply turns sideways, crab-like and insists on pointing to Eardley or whoever is behind him, where he thinks the ball is going to go. Just get stuck in there!

But on the whole, I'm not as depressed as some people seem to be. Being in the top six at Christmas is hardly poor form for a small club with limited funds. It also helps living in Leeds and listening to the locals getting seriously upset. Best Christmas present ever!

There was nout rong with Aless and Hughes. Sheridan is losing it i tell you. Theres no need to get players in on loan. Whitaker workls :censored:ing awsome with aless. Sheridain needs to get a :censored: grip and put Aless back up front xx

Danny, your tactical awareness is spot on.

Your language is unnecessary in the context of the debate.

Curb it will ya.

He's excellent, and I'm a massive fan of his, but scoring in 7 games half way through the season isn't too consistant...

dont be silly its been explained earlier up the thread..hes scoring one in 3 games.....thats as good as it gets apparently...

so by those rules he will score in 15 games then over the season,so he is on course for 20 goals this season.

all we need to do is establish a strike partner who hits the same ration and bobs your uncle....

yes when he plays with allessandra on the pitch it tends to work,but lewis strike rate is not very good,but he makes up for it with his all round play.

First opportunity to comment about yesterday's performance and I'd like to throw my thoughts in to the mix after some good points raised.

I don't think we have bad forwards or bad midfielders. I just believe the two areas are working together.

Liddell is still putting over good crosses but we don't have a "big, daft" centre forward at the club to take advantage of them.

midfield and forwards are 30/40 yards apart all game..1st problem

2nd probem - Sheridan has signed someone who is supposed to be "big and daft" - COG, but unfortunately is anything but that, he lacks balls, bravery and any centre forward instinct - hence him not starting!!!