Today's Performance

Orient were a poor side who, when we gave them space in midfield, took their chance.

We need to make a point of killing these sides off and not resting on our laurels at 1-0.

Fleming - decent performance, great penalty save but his distribution seemed limited to a hoof down the centre of the pitch. 5'10" strikers don't win headers mate.

Eardley - awful distribution again, but looked a threat shooting from range.

Lomax - solid, but that's it.

Stam - best I've seen him play

Hazell - good as ever

Taylor - quieter today, but always a threat

Allott - one of his better performance this season, but we need to find a way to lock the midfield shut in games when we're 1-0 up

Whitaker - still not convinced by his defensive abilities

Liddell - ok

Hughes - was this his worst ever Latics performance? Offside far too often and needs to take responsibility for this.

Byfield - won the pen and looked decent until he ran out of steam. Gave the ball away at the start of the move that conceded their penalty.

Smalley - ok

Alessandra - our biggest goal threat on the pitch today. Should have replaced a tired Byfield 10 minutes earlier.

O'Grady - not on long enough.

Again, I thought most of the individual performances were decent today. It's how we deal with our midfield being out muscled that Shez needs to give significant thought to. Been a problem for a bit too long me thinks and he hasn't cracked it yet.

I don't think theres enough people in the the squad with a winning mentality, including the manager after his post match comments.

my 1st game this season and they didnt do enough to make me want to come back. the game was boring, albeit orient did have a decent defence who easily dealt with all we could muster.

game of 2 pens, cant think of many shots and the game was so pedestrian the ref never got near booking anyone.

my 1st game this season and they didnt do enough to make me want to come back. the game was boring, albeit orient did have a decent defence who easily dealt with all we could muster.

game of 2 pens, cant think of many shots and the game was so pedestrian the ref never got near booking anyone.

Apart from Fleming.

Orient were 4th from bottom before today and they made us us look ordinary.

Football wise they were by far the better side.

I'm really sick of saying it but we just ain't good enough!!!

We gave cheap tickets away, and there looked like a lot more than 6800 there today, but could you really blame the floaters if they didn't come back!!!

We haven't controlled the midfield in any game for bloody weeks and I'm just about sick to my teeth of making excuses.

Nothing has changed and we can beat any team on our day and any team on their day can beat us.

We have got to seriously look at our coaching staff...I honestly think Shez has took us as far as he can!!!!

fleming - made one fantastic save AND a pen.

eardley - out of sorts -distribution was hoof

lomax - out of position too many times and distribution was hoof

stam - looked solid but there seems to be a lack of communication with hazell

hazell - looked ok but as with stam a lack of communication distribution was hoof.

liddell - played well but faded - no overlaps by eardley to help.

allott - some good tackles but not a leader,can't control a game THAT man was sat on the bench (maher)

whittaker - headless chicken at times. i could't work out where he was supposed to be playing

taylor - poor. received ball,ran up wing at defenders,cut inside on to right try to beat entire opposition - lose possession. over and over again

hughes - i like hughes but today he DIDN'T appear to me to be interested.

byfield - had a damn good first half and showed his pace chasing lost causes passes from his team mates but faded as did the rest of the team

subs waste of time t'horse had already bolted,nail was in coffin,fat lady was singing.

we need some damn leadership on the pitch because today there wasn't ANYONE who tried to take the game by the scruff and get the team moving.

Some knob in the main stand started shouting at byfields lack of effort and costing a goal because he lost the ball - bollocks how do you work that one out - when he did lose the ball there was at least 8 latics players - sorry mannequins between him and the oldham goal

so hows that his fault.

imo we have someone sat warming the bench who has proved at his last club that he can control and win games and bollock people who are not performing. kevin maher.

hazell - looked ok but as with stam a lack of communication distribution was hoof.

allott - some good tackles but not a leader,can't control a game THAT man was sat on the bench (maher)

whittaker - headless chicken at times. i could't work out where he was supposed to be playing

taylor - poor. received ball,ran up wing at defenders,cut inside on to right try to beat entire opposition - lose possession. over and over again

byfield - had a damn good first half and showed his pace chasing lost causes passes from his team mates but faded as did the rest of the team

subs waste of time t'horse had already bolted,nail was in coffin,fat lady was singing.

we need some damn leadership on the pitch because today there wasn't ANYONE who tried to take the game by the scruff and get the team moving.

Some knob in the main stand started shouting at byfields lack of effort and costing a goal because he lost the ball - bollocks how do you work that one out - when he did lose the ball there was at least 8 latics players - sorry mannequins between him and the oldham goal

so hows that his fault.

imo we have someone sat warming the bench who has proved at his last club that he can control and win games and bollock people who are not performing. kevin maher.

Hoof ball, midfield annonymous.

Orient were the better side, cannot grumble at at a point.

Full backs scared of the football.

If I was Fleming I would be pissed off at all 10 outfield players, great pen save, reactions from our lot? Nil!

Our lot- scared of shooting.

Edited by Butter

Orient were 4th from bottom before today and they made us us look ordinary.

Football wise they were by far the better side.

I'm really sick of saying it but we just ain't good enough!!!

We gave cheap tickets away, and there looked like a lot more than 6800 there today, but could you really blame the floaters if they didn't come back!!!

We haven't controlled the midfield in any game for bloody weeks and I'm just about sick to my teeth of making excuses.

Nothing has changed and we can beat any team on our day and any team on their day can beat us.

We have got to seriously look at our coaching staff...I honestly think Shez has took us as far as he can!!!!

totally agree,with all the midfield problems cant believe lee not even getting on bench

Fleming - Excellent again from what I saw, making it very hard for Norm! Man of the match.

Eardley - Not bad, but he clearly isn't going to score from outside the box, so pass the thing instead!

Lomax - Same as Eards, not bad, not great.

Stam - Great, best in defence by a mile.

Hazell - Anonymously excellent again.

Taylor - Brill when he was on or around the ball, but he wasn't that much.

Allott - OK, but not great.

Whitaker - What, he was playing?!

Liddell - Reliable as ever from the spot, got some decent crosses in too.

Hughes - Although I can accept some bad games after so many good ones, he was shocking today, he seemed to have lost that knack for being in the right place at the right time; at least 2 if not more chances that he would have put away last week.

Byfield - Good game, would have had a few assists if Hughes had been awake.

Smalley - Didn't see him do much.

Alessandra - Should have converted that chance near the end, but can't shout at him for missing one after that shoddy FW performance.

O'Grady - No idea. Looked like we went 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 when he came on, but it was too little, too late.

The Ref - Good for 70 mins, but just lost it after the PK. It was a PK that was easy to give, but I saw Flem get the ball before the man... I'll have to watch the replay on The Championship tomorrow morning!

The Ref - Good for 70 mins, but just lost it after the PK. It was a PK that was easy to give, but I saw Flem get the ball before the man... I'll have to watch the replay on The Championship tomorrow morning!

Didn't get too good a view of it cos i was at the other end but looked very similar to the 1st pen last week - if it was a foul then shouldn't it have been a red card?

Didn't get too good a view of it cos i was at the other end but looked very similar to the 1st pen last week - if it was a foul then shouldn't it have been a red card?

No....the ball was moving away from goal, therefore not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

What was it given for then?

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent - Nope

Trips or attempts to trip an opponent - Maybe.

Jumps at an opponent - Nope

Charges an opponent - Nope

Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent - Nope

Pushes an opponent - Nope

Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling - Maybe

Holds an opponent - Nope

Spits at an opponent - Nope

Handles the ball deliberately - Yes, but he's the GK, so he can do that :P

So that leaves us with

Trips or attempts to trip an opponent, or

Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling.

Both of those depend on whether he got the ball first or not, I'll have to check the replay for that!

I don't think theres enough people in the the squad with a winning mentality, including the manager after his post match comments.

Sheridan's talking about a lack of leadership on the pitch!!!................Sound familiar?

It should do, as he's been saying it for over two seasons now and it's still the same.

You can gloss it over all you want but this is his team and the buck stops with the manager!!!!

Simon Corney ridiculed Stockport when he said they weren't serious contenders and not our worthy rivals when sending out Craig Davies to get match fit......Well Simon, after a Davies hat-trick...Have a look at the league table in the morning and think again!!!!!

We all know we are not playing well at the moment.

Its time to freshen the team up a bit as its looking a bit stale.

Fleming - looks quality

rb lomax - very average but does a job and no one better at the club in this position

lb jones - class act, realise how good he is when you see Eardley play

cb Stam - gives 100% good footballer

cb Hazell - My player of season - first name on team sheet

rw Whittaker - played there successfully for Vale got the tools to do a good job there

cm Allott - solid

cm Maher - top footballer in this division

lw taylor - class

att Hughes - proven

att Davies - potential match winner

Play this team for the rest of the season and it will take a poor manager not to get us in the play offs

Get off Sheridans back - who would you rather have? Talbot, Moore, Warncock...don't think so.

Edited by leeblue72

Whitaker plays better when Alessandra is on the pitch (the team is also more balanced when LA plays too imho).

Shez, if you ain't going to play Alessandra, Maher should start instead of Whitaker.

Shez, Byfield looked knackered 10 minutes before you took him off. Why the delay?

Shez, wtf is the point in bringing on O'Grady in the 90th minutes?

Shez, teach Eardley to pass again will ya. I think he's a decent player having a poor season.

so hows that his fault.imo we have someone sat warming the bench who has proved at his last club that he can control and win games and bollock people who are not performing. kevin maher.

Though I agree with the rest of your post, the 'knob' in the mainstand wasn't far off the mark.

You clearly sit closely enough to hear Shez constantly telling him to "Take care of the ball"?

Yet Byfield refused to release to a screaming Lids when under pressure, which led to him being easily disposessed and a neat ball stretching our back line.

Not only Byfield doing it of course, a few players were guilty of not moving the ball around in order to draw Orient out.

Btw, Fleming wasn't red carded because the ref sensibly took a second to look around and see that Rubes had made a load of ground up and had covered the back post. Watch it on the replay - the ref was right for a change.