craig davies

Is there not an expectancy for us to stick 3 or 4 past every team who are below mid table, when we play at home? Seems it to me - and some of the players!!!

Not really most people would have been happy with 1-0 against the lower down teams get 1-0 up we should have seen that out we aren't going to steamroller everyone but if we are serious about promotion then we should expect to win the bread and butter fixtures like this.

Not really most people would have been happy with 1-0 against the lower down teams get 1-0 up we should have seen that out we aren't going to steamroller everyone but if we are serious about promotion then we should expect to win the bread and butter fixtures like this.

I'm not sure there's anything bread and butter about a side who have won their last 4 away games - hence me questioning our expectancy levels!

You are right about winning our home games - but is the side genuinely good enough to win at home every week?

I'm not sure there's anything bread and butter about a side who have won their last 4 away games - hence me questioning our expectancy levels!

You are right about winning our home games - but is the side genuinely good enough to win at home every week?

Not every week but we should be winning more than we have been doing at home against these sides I don't think the expectency levels are too high amongst the majority with the exception of those wanting shez sacked(for the record I say stick with him until the end of the season and we will ask the question then). Their is a reason for the expectation levels this squad has ability the manager at the start of the season stated that we are aiming at promotion and I believe this team is good enough to do that we all know this team is better than what we saw yesterday.

If Hughes does end up leaving (and I hope he doesn't) I think there is a strong case for changing formation to 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Davies through the middle on his own, two attacking wingers (Smalley and Taylor) and a central midfield 3. A midfield 3 could give us an excellent balance with a mix of either 1 defensive/2 attacking minded players or 2 defensive/1 attacking minded players (and we have a lot of midfielders to chose from in our squad) and Davies seems to function well up front on his own (probably because he doesn't have to think about linking up with a strike partner) as he has done when on loan at Wolves IIRC as well as Stockport.