Grayson replaces McAllister - Blackpool Not Happy!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kick in the teeth for Blackpool - their manage leaves a mid-table Championship side to manage a team a division below.

If that was us - we'd be gutted.

Good manage Grayson - can see Leeds turning round. Where were Blackpool at this stage in the season they went up? A lot lower than Leeds.

As for Blackpool - cannot see Sheriden even being in their thoughts.

Official Statement From Blackpool

Blackpool FC can confirm that Simon Grayson tendered his resignation at 0830 on Tuesday morning. The resignation was not accepted by the board of directors and the club and are now considering legal action against both Simon Grayson and Leeds United.

A more detailed statement will be made later in the day.

Official Statement From Blackpool

Blackpool FC can confirm that Simon Grayson tendered his resignation at 0830 on Tuesday morning. The resignation was not accepted by the board of directors and the club and are now considering legal action against both Simon Grayson and Leeds United.

A more detailed statement will be made later in the day.

Just speaking from an employment law point of view... surely it is illegal not to accept someones resignation? There are obvious issues with contractual notice periods if applicable... however there is no way someone can sue for brach of contract on resignation, but possible enforcement of gardening leave may be appropriate... all this is about is the lashers trying to cover their own backside to the fans, and trying to get Leeds to pay more compo... illegal approach legal action is also a possibility...

However, as we all know football has different rules to the real world... Leeds prove that by still being in existance...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just speaking from an employment law point of view... surely it is illegal not to accept someone resignation? There are obvious issues with contractual notice periods is applicable... however ethically that statement is incorrect... and stinks of the lashers trying to cover their own backside to the fans...

However, as we all know football has different rules to the real world... Leeds prove that by still being in existance...

It's all about gaining the best compensation deal out of Leeds now.

No doubt Grayson's new deal says "we'll sort out Blackpool for you".

Just speaking from an employment law point of view... surely it is illegal not to accept someone resignation? There are obvious issues with contractual notice periods is applicable... however ethically that statement is incorrect... and stinks of the lashers trying to cover their own backside to the fans...

Apparently Leeds offered 200k compensation which is a hell of alot considering Graysons contract was due to expire.

i would say he's every right to resign from a contract,but its the case of not giving an appropiate period of notice thats blackpoo's reason to be upset.

can see this getting very messy and i can't see the football league allowing this appointment yet because there are issues...

so come on the powers at be at the football league and the legal system....

drag it on and on and on and on!!! :laught16:

Just speaking from an employment law point of view... surely it is illegal not to accept someones resignation? There are obvious issues with contractual notice periods if applicable... however there is no way someone can sue for brach of contract on resignation, but possible enforcement of gardening leave may be appropriate... all this is about is the lashers trying to cover their own backside to the fans, and trying to get Leeds to pay more compo... illegal approach legal action is also a possibility...

managers contracts are usually fixed terms, and if it didn't have a resignation notice period then he has no facility to resign and no facility to take up employment elsewhere. As it's likely to have had similar terms the other way it probably would be deemed a fair contract. Plenty of managers have "left" clubs but still been paid to the end of their contract, whilst being unable to take up another job as they are still contracted to the club they've "left".

managers contracts are usually fixed terms, and if it didn't have a resignation notice period then he has no facility to resign and no facility to take up employment elsewhere. As it's likely to have had similar terms the other way it probably would be deemed a fair contract. Plenty of managers have "left" clubs but still been paid to the end of their contract, whilst being unable to take up another job as they are still contracted to the club they've "left".

Unless blackpool give him permission or he has some form of clause in there, which judging from how blackpool are reacting, he obviously hasnt

Leeds say there was no clause.

Blackpool say there was.

Blackpool reject resignation.

He takes job regardless.

Blackpool kick up a fuss.

End result, Blackpool get a bit more money in compo than they would have got to keep quiet.

They were moaning all summer about Gorkss and tapping up. Then they sold him, got a loanee thrown in and dropped the charge they'd put forward to the FA.

Leeds say there was no clause.

Blackpool say there was.

Blackpool reject resignation.

He takes job regardless.

Blackpool kick up a fuss.

End result, Blackpool get a bit more money in compo than they would have got to keep quiet.

They were moaning all summer about Gorkss and tapping up. Then they sold him, got a loanee thrown in and dropped the charge they'd put forward to the FA.

Cynic.

Spot on too.

The world of football and employment law has always been a mystery to me.

Managers get "sacked", but in essence they get paid their contract in full and leave the club as far as I can tell.

When clubs are going through difficult times financially they don't appear to be able to do what other companies do and make people redundant. Why can't a club say, actually we cannot afford 26 professionals, we are making 6 redundant and continue on with a reduced playing staff?

Guest sheridans_world

Somehow I dont think notice periods will be built into managers contracts. You sign a three year contract, you work a three year contract. IMO the notice would be the period to the end of their contract when they can walk anyway.

Lets hope Leeds get slammed for this.... might go a little way to comforting me about the meagre penny in a pound they paid of their tax bill.

God i hate Ken Bates.

God i hate Ken Bates.

Clever chap, really.

He's got them a reduced tax rate. They turned 23M over last season and earned a reported 4M profit. They charge the majority of away fans £27. They've taken a manager from a higher league without getting permission to speak to him too. He doesn't care.

He knows full well a few quid will sort it all out. A few quid that is essentially tax money.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Clever chap, really.

He's got them a reduced tax rate. They turned 23M over last season and earned a reported 4M profit. They charge the majority of away fans £27. They've taken a manager from a higher league without getting permission to speak to him too. He doesn't care.

He knows full well a few quid will sort it all out. A few quid that is essentially tax/our money.

Make Bates Chancellor!

Make Bates Chancellor!

I doubt he'd get away with so much then. On second thoughts.....

As easy as it is to hate him, he's turned things round financially there. The penny in the pound didn't have to be accepted. It was though and they then turn over 4M profits. No doubt he is taking a tidy cut himself.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I doubt he'd get away with so much then. On second thoughts.....

As easy as it is to hate him, he's turned things round financially there. The penny in the pound didn't have to be accepted. It was though and they then turn over 4M profits. No doubt he is taking a tidy cut himself.

i'd deduct 15 points from the bastards, looks like there cheating again to me

He has only been the manager for a matter of hours, and on BBC forums their already calling it a bad appointment!!!

Their a league 1 club, who the frig did they expect, Mouriniho??

Ever read WACCOE Carl?

It should really be called WACKO.

They really do still believe they are Gods gift. You should have seen some of the names touted about on there.

The one thing I will give 'em though is that they....

Ah :censored: 'em, they are a bunch of c**nts.

Derek.

The world of football and employment law has always been a mystery to me.

Managers get "sacked", but in essence they get paid their contract in full and leave the club as far as I can tell.

When clubs are going through difficult times financially they don't appear to be able to do what other companies do and make people redundant. Why can't a club say, actually we cannot afford 26 professionals, we are making 6 redundant and continue on with a reduced playing staff?

They can, according to the employments laws. They just can't carry on playing in the same league as they used to.

I think a contract with no redundancy notice would be considered in law to have a standard period, and one that forbade you to leave a job all all within the full length would be struck down straight away, it would be a modern day endentured labour, one step away from the sort of slavery that young Mr Ronaldo feared.