Chaddy the Owl - Bad Club Mascot

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if im wrong, but chaddy the owl is meant to be a role model for the younger generations at the club, but yesterday, i noticed the guy who is chaddy the owl threatening a youth at the club regarding neal eardley. This lad sat a few rows in front of me was abusing eardley towards the end of the game, mostly as a joke, as the things he was saying were funny regarding eardley, e.g. booing eardley even when he wasnt close to the ball, obviously joking, when chaddy the owl or wayne or whatever he is called said: "are you watching the same game as me?" "ill only f****** tell you once, keep quiet" or something along those lines.

I dont think our mascot should realy be threatening teenagers, frankly im worried about him, as he feels he has to do that, and cant take a joke apologies about the language but thats just what i heard, and i dont think its good for the club. At the end of the day sheridan has actually said the fans are entitled to boo players, not that i do, but they are, they pay the money, and i dont see chaddys problem with it especially if hes going to threaten youngsters, keep your kids away from the guy! He isnt good for the club.

Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

You are clearly a moron, I was sat next to the guy in question and didnt really think his comments re. Eardley were unnacceptable but neither would i say 'Chaddy' was out of order with what he said back, can't really moan at Wayne swearing at the guy as the guy was swearing at Eardley. I though Eardley was shocking but thats just my opinion, The guy was swearing at Eardley and Wayne was swearing at him basically telling him to shut up, both people both entitled to their opinions IMO, and i dont think the fact that he is the club mascot comes in to it, he is a fan just like everyone else.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

The connection of criticism of vocal Wayne as a football spectator to his silent voluntary work, is as nonsensical as saying Darren Ferguson's beating of his wife makes him unfit to manage footballers.

hmmm...

I dont stop being a representive of my company come 5:30pm..... I think you will find that your behaviour during and out side of work are very much the interest of the company you work for...

Im not going to have a pop at Wayne as I have no idea what really has been and what has not been said, but Wayne is a repersentive of the club and that dosent stop out of the suit....

Up to him how he handles himself but if that has been said is true then and the club get wind / a complaint is made then its going to become a issue to be frank...

All this said, I trust scapegoat as far as I can throw him and dont believe a word of what he is saying....

I also think he does a fantastic job for the club!

Edited by oafc0000

Sheephead, you were sat behind Wayne were you and heard what he said?

You must have bloody good hearing, as i was sat behind him and even i couldnt hear what was said!

Like you say, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you want to constantly abuse a player then you are a knob, as for Wayne, its up to him what he says, fortunately OAFC dont run the rule on what he can or cant say.

I think that it was you sheephead that was the person in question, and you feel you have been told pure and simply to shut up, you became the disgruntled customer but didnt want to put yourself in the limelight so it now becomes a lad a few rows infront of you???

Oh wait, David Beresford told me to F**k off once in his Oldham playing days, i think i better tell Hardy!

Sheephead, you were sat behind Wayne were you and heard what he said?

You must have bloody good hearing, as i was sat behind him and even i couldnt hear what was said!

Like you say, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you want to constantly abuse a player then you are a knob, as for Wayne, its up to him what he says, fortunately OAFC dont run the rule on what he can or cant say.

I think that it was you sheephead that was the person in question, and you feel you have been told pure and simply to shut up, you became the disgruntled customer but didnt want to put yourself in the limelight so it now becomes a lad a few rows infront of you???

Oh wait, David Beresford told me to F**k off once in his Oldham playing days, i think i better tell Hardy!

It's not him Beardy. I was sat next to the Eardley hater.

hmmm...

I dont stop being a representive of my company come 5:30pm..... I think you will find that your behaviour during and out side of work are very much the interest of the company you work for...

So you are saying that if yiu swear at someone in the heat of the moment in your spare time, you do so as a representative of you employer? If you are doing something in your spare time that injures the good name of the company you work for, that's a different matter.

If you have a job and also do voluntary work, it is not the interest of either employer to know whether you swear in your spare time as a football spectator.

So you are saying that if yiu swear at someone in the heat of the moment in your spare time, you do so as a representative of you employer? If you are doing something in your spare time that injures the good name of the company you work for, that's a different matter.

If you have a job and also do voluntary work, it is not the interest of either employer to know whether you swear in your spare time as a football spectator.

I dont think any spectator should be threatening other spectators, although i do not recall wayne actually threatening him, but it is what is being alleged. I agree that the fact he is Chaddy has nothing to do with this 'incident'.

hmmm...

Im not going to have a pop at Wayne as I have no idea what really has been and what has not been said, but Wayne is a repersentive of the club and that dosent stop out of the suit....

Up to him how he handles himself but if that has been said is true then and the club get wind / a complaint is made then its going to become a issue to be frank...

All this said, I trust scapegoat as far as I can throw him and dont believe a word of what he is saying....

I also think he does a fantastic job for the club!

Wolw, that must explain Boundary Park Morgue then, everyone has decided they still represent thie company.

There must 50/100 or so people who know who CtO is when out of costume is once he is out of his constume.

Out of 6.800

One could argue he was defending a fellow employee.

If he was in costume it would be completely unacceptable.

Out of costume at the match, unless it is illegal or violent it's his onw business

And I have never met him.

I think if you work with children and you choose to verbally abuse and threaten a child within your place of work then you are looking at problems... I would of thought that is obvious....

I would also say generally speaking that outside of work your free to do as you please...but there is a point where your company will start to become concerned...and there are many instances where employers have taken action to dismiss for out of work incidents and im not just talking about where someone has been found guilty of a crime... aka the police women that appeared in nuts mag... Teacher that had naked photos on the internet....

Just like to point out....im having a hypothetical debate here....in no way do I believe Wayne did this...

I think if you work with children and you choose to verbally abuse and threaten a child within your place of work then you are looking at problems... I would of thought that is obvious....

I would also say generally speaking that outside of work your free to do as you please...but there is a point where your company will start to become concerned...and there are many instances where employers have taken action to dismiss for out of work incidents and im not just talking about where someone has been found guilty of a crime... aka the police women that appeared in nuts mag... Teacher that had naked photos on the internet....

Just like to point out....im having a hypothetical debate here....in no way do I believe Wayne did this...

I think Wayne will admit that this occured but would deny that he threatened him. I must also add that this youth is 16/17 not like he was swearing at a little kid.

I think Wayne will admit that this occured but would deny that he threatened him. I must also add that this youth is 16/17 not like he was swearing at a little kid.

Yeah.... fair enough...I never thought it was true anyways....

Im just having a hypothetical discussion really... I was just shocked that it seems that some people would be ok with such behaviour from a club offical....

Edited by oafc0000