Danny Whit

Danny Whit, is this guy good enough.

Bloody hell. :shock:

It wasn't long ago we had a poll on here suggesting an option that Whittaker was better than Wellens, and some people thought that he was/is.

At the time I thought that was :censored:e and I still do, he's not in the same league as Wellens (literally).

i reckon theres a strong possibility we will see corneys best mate 'KILKENNY' back at bp in jan, ive thought it ever since ive seen them out together on a few occasions and corney said hell be back dont worry

id have him right back..... class act.... just p****d me off at the time he went l***s but thats what money does

bring back NK :grin:

and play him with MAHER

id have him right back..... class act.... just p****d me off at the time he went l***s but thats what money does

and play him with MAHER

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Whits, clear he was always going to be Macca's replacement, scores the odd goal and just as anonymous.

and play him with MAHER

And people are moaning about the home form now?

Bringing him back won't do us any good. Certainly not at home. There are other players out there. We have others we haven't even used in our squad yet.

Guest oa_exile

It's a stark contrast with Whitaker that he is beginning to look a mirror image of Macca's form when he signed for us.

Macca was the business in the 1st part of his first season and then after Christmas never really regained that consistentcy again.

I just hope that Whitaker pulls out of his present dip in form.

when we signed him, vale fan at work said to me 'very good player, sometimes goes missing' - perfect description methinks - defo did yesterday but defo good enuff most of the time!

Half the team went missing on Sat????? Why single out him???? -

MUST BE O'GRADY's FAULT LOL LOL LOL - Our fans are cringe - worthy

NO! NO HE ISNT! AT ALL!

this man needs replacing in January with someone who has got the balls to demand the ball and try and make things happen. Its all very well having Allott in the middle playing the safe sideways passes but when he is paired with Whits they just offer no attacking threat and Allott has to do the defensive work of 2 men because he doesnt defend!

To all those who voted Whits better than Wellens :shock: why???

They voted Whittaker either because they are hopelessly biased or, when it comes to football, they're idiots. In most cases it was probably both.....it genuinely amazes me that anybody who is interested in football enough to contribute to a messageboard could believe Whittaker is the better player.

Ive been saying that we need a Wellens type midfielder for a good while. It's obvious, that is if we want to keep bleating about playing good football and 'passing teams to death'. Yet all people seem to be going on about is which striker ought to be brought in when we already have 3/4/5 perfectly good ones, who get no service from a workmanlike, but inneffective, midfield. We need a 'ball player' in there who commands the ball, and lets the ball do all the work. When we were lucky enough to have Wellens doing that the complaints were 'everything has to go through him'. Unbelievable. He was the best player we've had during this stay in the third division, maybe along with a declined Shez.

They voted Whittaker either because they are hopelessly biased or, when it comes to football, they're idiots. In most cases it was probably both.....it genuinely amazes me that anybody who is interested in football enough to contribute to a messageboard could believe Whittaker is the better player.

Ive been saying that we need a Wellens type midfielder for a good while. It's obvious, that is if we want to keep bleating about playing good football and 'passing teams to death'. Yet all people seem to be going on about is which striker ought to be brought in when we already have 3/4/5 perfectly good ones, who get no service from a workmanlike, but inneffective, midfield. We need a 'ball player' in there who commands the ball, and lets the ball do all the work. When we were lucky enough to have Wellens doing that the complaints were 'everything has to go through him'. Unbelievable. He was the best player we've had during this stay in the third division, maybe along with a declined Shez.

Spot on, agree with every word.

Thank you sir for typing my thoughts exactly:)

Any coincidence we dont pass the ball around as much as Shez's first season when we had Wellens? I think not.

• 4 weeks later...

Whitaker is brilliant in the final third, he moves with the ball towards goal either looking to play it out wide but will also shoot, he seems to be able to turn defenders quite well and knock it past them and run on (he does this all the time). I'm not gonna say he's a better passer than Wellens but if Whits keeps doing what he's doing and moving forward with the ball in the final third he's going to be our attacking threat from midfield, he can strike a ball and with players like Hughesy and Windass pouncing to knock in any potential rebounds we should get more goals as a result. I like Whitaker, he does his job and well.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies