Who would you have - Davies or Byfield?

I thought the decision to loan Davies out was disgraceful, and a direct result of the ridiculous decision to scrap the reserves. Get Davies back now, never mind in January.

Step back and think about this for a second. How many players (especially strikers) have done well in the reserves but have not been able to transfer this form to the first team? Not many I can think of. That's because reserve team football is not anywhere near the same level standard as first team.

Davies hit a hat trick in the reserves but couldn't hit a barn door for our first team. He was not the same player as last year and frankly didn't look like he was arsed. If we kept him then I don't think anything would have changed and he would have carried on in the same lethargic manner and basically would have wasted both ours and his own time.

Why did Shez ship him out?

Shez stated that he thinks hes a good player, who can play at a higher level IF he believes in himself. He likes him as a lad but felt it was time for him to go and be aware of what's going on. By shipping him out, taking him out of his comfort zone it would hopefully give him new focus and drive, grow up a bit and hopefully he will come back better and stronger.

The reports at the moment seem to say that he might just be doing that.

Why Stockport?

Well he could have gone to Yeovil or Bury but they are not in a similar position to us. At the moment it doesn't look good as he has helped Stockport to get above us. However, it also means that when he comes back he doesn't have a jump back up to our level. Hopefully then he will slot back in and the goals will start pouring in.

In conclusion, I cannot say if Shez was correct in shipping him out to County, but if he does come back a better and stronger player and continues his rich rein of form that he is enjoying at County, might Shez's decision may have been the cause of this????? Could the same have been achieved in the reserves???? We'll have to see.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

byfield has a better first touch and more experience. davies is younger, faster, mentaller, has a higher transfer value, better international prospects and is in better form.

Yes but Shez, dux and TW prefer to have Byfield's missus around the place :grin::wub: Davies out :lol:

For me it's a no brainer, Davies back in and up front with Hughes' - however the Jan transfer window may have somethiong to say about it. Though if we do sell Hughes, then I think that says a lot about our real desire to win promotion!!

Yes but Shez, dux and TW prefer to have Byfield's missus around the place :grin::wub: Davies out :lol:

For me it's a no brainer, Davies back in and up front with Hughes' - however the Jan transfer window may have somethiong to say about it. Though if we do sell Hughes, then I think that says a lot about our real desire to win promotion!!

Davies all day for me - looks like the break away from bp has done his confidence a world of good - don't always beleive rumours. Exactly what date is he due back?

Davies all day for me - looks like the break away from bp has done his confidence a world of good - don't always beleive rumours. Exactly what date is he due back?

Turns out Mr Davies is the main issue of debate for the County fans on 606. There are some that think he’s hard working others that think he’s a lazy so and so. Some didn’t want to see him in a County shirt again after the posh and Gillingham games, others think that he’s the main reason they are now 5th.

Apparently most of his goals were easy enough but you’ve got to be there to score them, though he’s still fluffing chance to.

Turns out Mr Davies is the main issue of debate for the County fans on 606. There are some that think he’s hard working others that think he’s a lazy so and so. Some didn’t want to see him in a County shirt again after the posh and Gillingham games, others think that he’s the main reason they are now 5th.

Apparently most of his goals were easy enough but you’ve got to be there to score them, though he’s still fluffing chance to.

So it is apparent that he polarises opinion everywhere he goes. I for one am more than happy to put up with his flaws in exchange for his speed and more importantly goals - he won me a fortune in First Goalscorer bets last season too.

Davies for Prime Minister !