One Question.

During the unbeaten run everyone was saying what a fantastic manager Sherdian was, but as soon as we draw...not lose, you start calling for his head, i mean whats that all about? <_<

We may be losing and drawing to what we think are rubbish teams, but maybe they arent as rubbish as we think, maybe were just not upto scratch.

We cant win every game, as soon as we start going on the good on a good run again, you will saying what a fantastic manager he is.

Shez may make some very dodgy decisions, just like everyone else.

Who in all honest opinion thinks we should get rid of Shez?

During the unbeaten run everyone was saying what a fantastic manager Sherdian was, but as soon as we draw...not lose, you start calling for his head, i mean whats that all about? <_<

We may be losing and drawing to what we think are rubbish teams, but maybe they arent as rubbish as we think, maybe were just not upto scratch.

We cant win every game, as soon as we start going on the good on a good run again, you will saying what a fantastic manager he is.

He's a long way off perfect and should, by now, be getting more out of the talented squad of players he has at his disposal.

Fans rightly expect these players to beat Brighton, Orient and Yeovil at home. The same fans don't expect wins at Leeds and admire hard earned points at Peterborough or against Leicester. I personally expect a midfielder of his quality to be able to get more out of his midfielders!

I still don't think we should get rid of Shez. There isn't any obvious candidate to replace him with.

Who is "you"? Not everyone is calling for his head, infact I reckon its a minority of impatient indviduals. If he goes before the end of the season I expect it will be too Leeds.

During the unbeaten run everyone was saying what a fantastic manager Sherdian was, but as soon as we draw...not lose, you start calling for his head, i mean whats that all about?

There were plenty on here voicing concerns over our lack of ability to dispatch teams at home like Brighton, Walsall, Yeovil, Cheltenham and now Orient.

There were plenty on here voicing concerns over our lack of ability to dispatch teams at home like Brighton, Walsall, Yeovil, Cheltenham and now Orient.

In managerial terms, Shez is no longer a novice yet makes the same mistakes, making the same excuses for HIS lack of action. Yet again Sheridan's stubborness and tendancy to be reactive has cost us points. Sorry Shez you've taken us as far as you ever will, we blew a fantastic position in 06/07. We were right up there this time round yet now we are clinging to a top six spot by virtue of Peterborough getting dicked on Saturday. Nothing less than 6 points from the next 6 will do. If not, despite what the happy clappers say..it is time to go. The performance on Saturday was as bad as anything under Moore and just as clueless.

PS What the hell is going on with three quality players in Maher, Lee and Stephens???? All three playing second fiddle to his yes men......Allott and Whitaker - both 4th division players. Time to grow some bollocks Shez and make permanent changes to the midfield or shut the door behind you.

This is just a total generalisation.

There are some on here who have been calling for Shez's head practically from the start of his tenure, but there are also some who have never at any stage called for his head.

I personally have never called for his sacking, but he is still a young inexperienced manager who has and will continue to make mistakes, he is a long way from being the finished article.

There is also another thread circulating about him leaving for Leeds, :shock: what has he achieved in his short managerial career that would have Leeds tripping over themselves to secure his managerial services.

Yet another reality check required on OWTB.

This is just a total generalisation.

but he is still a young inexperienced manager who has and will continue to make mistakes, he is a long way from being the finished article.

Yet another reality check required on OWTB.

Shez has been manager for 2 1/2 seasons and you can add in his tenure during 03/04, I do not buy this inexperienced crap, he's had longer than most managers will ever get at our level. I have no problem with him making mistakes but the guy is incapable of learning from them. He's taken us as far as his limited capabilities can do, the momentum we had by Feb '07 should have seen us go on and walk the league yet we retreeated into our shell and underachieved from thereon, same as we have done fromm September 20th this year. I have a lot of time for Shez and for his length of service but like Stitch he has taken us as far as he can.

Shez has been manager for 2 1/2 seasons and you can add in his tenure during 03/04, I do not buy this inexperienced crap, he's had longer than most managers will ever get at our level. I have no problem with him making mistakes but the guy is incapable of learning from them. He's taken us as far as his limited capabilities can do, the momentum we had by Feb '07 should have seen us go on and walk the league yet we retreeated into our shell and underachieved from thereon, same as we have done fromm September 20th this year. I have a lot of time for Shez and for his length of service but like Stitch he has taken us as far as he can.

I'm not a happy clapper who thinks nobody should question Shez or his managment and decisions, but I still think in football managment terms 2.5 seasons is not a long time.

I'm not a happy clapper who thinks nobody should question Shez or his managment and decisions, but I still think in football managment terms 2.5 seasons is not a long time.

These days rightly or wrongly 2 1/2 years is about 2 1/2 times the average tenure. I'm grateful that Shez has established us as a top ten 3rd Division side but we need to push on and I genuinely feel Shez is not the man to move us onto the next level. It is not only the team that are inconsistent the manager's abilities are likewise.

PS What the hell is going on with three quality players in Maher, Lee and Stephens???? All three playing second fiddle to his yes men......Allott and Whitaker - both 4th division players. Time to grow some bollocks Shez and make permanent changes to the midfield or shut the door behind you.

It's the way he keeps praising Maher's professionalism and saying how patient the other two are waiting for their chance too. Then he keeps saying Whitaker is playing well. He isn't. We can see it and I am sure those three can as well.

Lad needs a rest, a rocket, he needs something.

This leader's comment he made suggests changes but we have heard this before. We get the changes for a game and we then revert to the usual 11 and the same comments start again.

It's the way he keeps praising Maher's professionalism and saying how patient the other two are waiting for their chance too. Then he keeps saying Whitaker is playing well. He isn't. We can see it and I am sure those three can as well.

Lad needs a rest, a rocket, he needs something.

This leader's comment he made suggests changes but we have heard this before. We get the changes for a game and we then revert to the usual 11 and the same comments start again.

He also said Kelvin had a stormer the other week, when to all and sundry - he was the poorest player on the park!

These days rightly or wrongly 2 1/2 years is about 2 1/2 times the average tenure. I'm grateful that Shez has established us as a top ten 3rd Division side but we need to push on and I genuinely feel Shez is not the man to move us onto the next level. It is not only the team that are inconsistent the manager's abilities are likewise.

I agree that from a very encouraging start in his first season making the playoffs we really have failed to kick on.

Last season was hugely disappointing (but we did have an extraordinary injury crisis) for most of the year and insufficient squad/funds to counteract that.

This year I was very pleased and encouraged by the incoming transfers and we still are in the playoff places to be fair, but its the results and manor of our performances against Yeovil, Cheltenham, Brighton and Orient where the team and indeed Shez have looked clueless on occasions.

In managerial terms, Shez is no longer a novice yet makes the same mistakes, making the same excuses for HIS lack of action. Yet again Sheridan's stubborness and tendancy to be reactive has cost us points.

I was saying to my brother 10 mins before they equalised that we needed to make a change, shake things up a bit. Perhaps O'Grady on for a VERY lacklustre Byfield or Maher on for the annonymous Whittaker. It was becoming painfully obvious that we were going to need a 2nd goal to make things safe, yet Sheridan did nothing until they equalised, and by that time they well any truly had the bit between their teeth.

Way too reactive. If we can see it in the stands then surely Sheridan can see it?

Guest oa_exile
I was saying to my brother 10 mins before they equalised that we needed to make a change, shake things up a bit.

If we can see it in the stands then surely Sheridan can see it?

Dan, in a nutshell those two sentences sum the situation up.

"We" are not the experts but most of us see enough to know that changes in tactics or subsitutions need to be made during the game when it's not going to the "Plan".

Shez has no "Plan B" , I have seen it once this season with the last throw of the dice V's Millwall.