cheap ticket offer

If the majority of fans we can attract are those yesterday then I say dont bother, one guy Allott first touch said Allott you w**ker you always have been Foff then another guy sat just behind me said Eardley foff back to Wales you Welsh :censored: ! I mean they come once a blue moon for next to nowt and thats what they have to say ? all this in first few minutes ?????????????

Edited by sheridans_world
watch your language please

If the majority of fans we can attract are those yesterday then I say dont bother, one guy Allott first touch said Allott you w**ker you always have been Foff then another guy sat just behind me said Eardley foff back to Wales you Welsh :censored: ! I mean they come once a blue moon for next to nowt and thats what they have to say ? all this in first few minutes ?????????????

They are probably the regulars who go week in week out :grin:

The berk who sits behind me has a better view of offsides 50-60 yards away than the linesman whos stood in line with play.

There was one Hughes offside on Saturday which, from row DD in the RRE, was never offside in a million years.

Accompanied by the masses around me I tore in to the lino, challenging his understanding of the rules and the quality of his vision as you do.

Then a quick glance at the passive main stand behind him told me the truth and I said to my son "I assume he got that one right as nobody behind him is complaining".

Part of Hughes' poor performance on Saturday was being a stride offside all too often.

There was one Hughes offside on Saturday which, from row DD in the RRE, was never offside in a million years.

Aye. It always makes me chuckle when I see people behind the goal going mental (© Craig Davies) when an offside is given against us. How can practically anyone know for sure they're offside or not from there?!?

Some people need to realise though that the reason some of these players (without meaning to sound disrespectful to our players) pass a few too many stray passes, or lack that little bit of creativity, is exactly the reason they are playing in League 1.

If every shot was a goal, every pass was a killer ball and every cross was flush onto the centre forwards head, then such players would sure as hell not be playing for us, and would sure as hell not be playing at this level.

I personally (awaiting flack from the rest) did not think saturday was that bad, and I would like to think after this game and brighton and a rocket up the arse to players and management that we need to start killing games off and going for goal untill the final whistle.

But if we miss out on the playoffs by 3 points, and we look back at the four points dropped in them two games, its gonna hurt even more!!!!

If every shot was a goal, every pass was a killer ball and every cross was flush onto the centre forwards head, then such players would sure as hell not be playing for us, and would sure as hell not be playing at this level.

I hear this excuse a lot and whilst it has a lot of truth it doesn't recognise something. Skills such as good passing and finishing I expect from pro footballers playing in the third best of 1,000/10,000 leagues in the country. I see countless 'killer balls' and stunning finishes playing 6's with my mates. What makes them third division is things like intelligence, physical attributes, coping with pressure, pace of the game. When a latics player has the ball under control at his feet, and is under little or no pressure, I expect simple passes/crosses/shots to be of the same quality that Gazza would produce. I manage it......

I hear this excuse a lot and whilst it has a lot of truth it doesn't recognise something. Skills such as good passing and finishing I expect from pro footballers playing in the third best of 1,000/10,000 leagues in the country. I see countless 'killer balls' and stunning finishes playing 6's with my mates. What makes them third division is things like intelligence, physical attributes, coping with pressure, pace of the game. When a latics player has the ball under control at his feet, and is under little or no pressure, I expect simple passes/crosses/shots to be of the same quality that Gazza would produce. I manage it......

We have a town full of clowns.... It will not get any better. Sometimes I wonder it the club deserves TTA.

Very good points there.

Very good points there.

I think so too. The 'It's only the 3rd Divison' card is always played to defend the players. I see it the other way around....I expect the players in the 3rd best division of the home of football to be pretty good!! Especially considering that before the foreign influx of players into the top flight most of our players would be 2nd division players.....some maybe even lower 1st division players. After all, the Premiership isn't the top English league anymore, the Championship is. The Premiership is now a global league hosted in England.