F is for Fickle

Boo a 1 1 draw which had Davies not scored a third at stockport would have lifted us to 5th in the table. I know we didnt play that well... Im aware that certain people booed off Byfield and sang Lewis' name ... Just what has to happen for us to offer our 'SUPPORT' to the team who are undefeated in 7 games ? I know its a game we could have won .... but we also could have lost it too !!!! We do not have a divne right to win games ... Nor do we have a devine right to dominate midfield. We were not overun (IMO) but we lacked vision going forward. Our supply to the front two was appalling and it was lack lustre .. but thats about as far as it goes really

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo a 1 1 draw which had Davies not scored a third at stockport would have lifted us to 5th in the table. I know we didnt play that well... Im aware that certain people booed off Byfield and sang Lewis' name ... Just what has to happen for us to offer our 'SUPPORT' to the team who are undefeated in 7 games ? I know its a game we could have won .... but we also could have lost it too !!!! We do not have a divne right to win games ... Nor do we have a devine right to dominate midfield. We were not overun (IMO) but we lacked vision going forward. Our supply to the front two was appalling and it was lack lustre .. but thats about as far as it goes really

Perhaps at our next home draw against bottom six oppposition we can have a chorus of "For They Are Jolly Good Fellows" and Hurrah's all round?!

Perhaps at our next home draw against bottom six oppposition we can have a chorus of "For They Are Jolly Good Fellows" and Hurrah's all round?!

Or maybe break into a version of Leonard Cohen's Hallalujah when Dean Smalley looks slightly interested in being a professional footballer.

??? Why not .... do we not support the team ..... I produce as exhibit one the definition of a supporter and fan !!

fan 2 (fn)

n.

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast ....... really!!!!

Supporter

2. One who promotes or advocates; an adherent: a devotee .....,

My case rests

Or maybe break into a version of Leonard Cohen's Hallalujah when Dean Smalley looks slightly interested in being a professional footballer.

:laught30: There was in incident where the ball went out for an Orient throw in with about 2 minutes left on the clock and Smalley picked up the ball, but instead of throwing it to their player to speed the game on, he ran toward him and threw it to one side on the floor. I thought my brother was gonna explode! Suffice to say I don't think he was pleased with young Dean's antics.

Perhaps somebody had failed to tell Dean that we weren't happy to settle for a point at home to bottom 6 oppo?!

Are you suggesting that we just clap and cheer inanely? Regardless of the performance or the result.

Mmmmmm I'll have to give that some thought. <_<

You truly are a happy Clapper.

??? Why not .... do we not support the team ..... I produce as exhibit one the definition of a supporter and fan !!

fan 2 (fn)

n.

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast ....... really!!!!

Supporter

2. One who promotes or advocates; an adherent: a devotee .....,

My case rests

I'll start "supporting" them, when they start pulling their tripe out.

im not o gradys no 1 fan yet, but bloody eck, he was only on 5 minutes!!

As for booing Byfield - Laughable!!!

i actually like o grady but the comment was a mere fact. As for booing byfield i didnt get it i take it most of the 6800 knob head fans wernt at posh the week before

im not o gradys no 1 fan yet, but bloody eck, he was only on 5 minutes!!

As for booing Byfield - Laughable!!!

i actually like o grady but the comment was a mere fact. As for booing byfield i didnt get it i take it most of the 6800 knob head fans wernt at posh the week before

:laught30: There was in incident where the ball went out for an Orient throw in with about 2 minutes left on the clock and Smalley picked up the ball, but instead of throwing it to their player to speed the game on, he ran toward him and threw it to one side on the floor. I thought my brother was gonna explode! Suffice to say I don't think he was pleased with young Dean's antics.

Perhaps somebody had failed to tell Dean that we weren't happy to settle for a point at home to bottom 6 oppo?!

Sounds like I was feeling like your brother and was ready to let rip but the whole showing was so lacklustre I could not be bothered. With Liddell at the end of his career this should be the prime time for Dean to step up to the plate but his total lack of interest was abysmal on Saturday.

I was.

Shame he like the rest can't replicate that sort of performance at the minute in front of the home fans. The ones we need to be turning up and giving us cash every other week.

I heard you first time :grin:

As for 6800 k@@@ head fans - possibly a bit harsh - i wasn't there (p/boro), but have certainly seen enough off him in previous games and enough on saturday, to know that he hasn't deserved booing

Edited by futchers briefs

id rather have 3500 than 6800 of which 2000 are scallys and 2000 are munichs

I don't think Mr Corney Would.

Incidentally, speaking of Mr Corney, he was NOT a happy chappy on Saturday. Saw him stood outside the dressing room door with Gordon and some young lad who looked feared to bloody death and there was steam coming out of his ears! I wonder if he applauded the players efforts on Saturday at 5pm?

Edited by danoafc

I heard you first time :grin:

As for 6800 k@@@ head fans - possibly a bit harsh - i wasn't there (p/boro), but have certainly seen enough off him in previous games and enough on saturday, to know that he hasn't deserved booing

i shall re phrase correctly the knob head fans- you know who you are

Because many of our fans are morons to be honest. Some people at our club think because Alessandra, Smalley and Wolfenden all came from our roots, they should start!!! And any other decent player shouldnt keep them out. THey call O'grady, but the fact is, he is better than all 3, but they wont have it...... I am sure we have more clowns than most clubs!

Because many of our fans are morons to be honest. Some people at our club think because Alessandra, Smalley and Wolfenden all came from our roots, they should start!!! And any other decent player shouldnt keep them out. THey call O'grady, but the fact is, he is better than all 3, but they wont have it...... I am sure we have more clowns than most clubs!

O'Grady better than Lewis?

Yep. :blink: