Shez thinking like Taggart?

The rarely wrong Chron quotes Shez:

“I have come to the conclusion that some of my players aren’t mentally strong enough.

Sounds like we need to get a sports psychologist in quickly!

Then Shez says "You need to be winners, you need to be nasty on the pitch, and even cheat a little bit to get to where you want to go. And that is what good players do.” I think he's learned that from Taggart.

“I have come to the conclusion that some of my players aren’t mentally strong enough.

Then Shez says "You need to be winners, you need to be nasty on the pitch, and even cheat a little bit to get to where you want to go. And that is what good players do.” I think he's learned that from Taggart.

Call me controversial, but I think it is Sheridan that needs a bit of coaching to get more out of the players. He may be good at the techniques of playing football, but maybe he can't man-manage very well.

Just a thought.

"I have come to the conclusion that some of my players aren't mentally strong enough.

Then Shez says "You need to be winners, you need to be nasty on the pitch, and even cheat a little bit to get to where you want to go. And that is what good players do." I think he's learned that from Taggart.

Learnt it or just repeating parrot fashion?

If he has genuinely learnt, then perhaps it is time to start putting it into practice rather than paying it lip service in tomorrows chip paper?!

Derek.

In the Advertiser Shez says:

"I need leaders on the pitch making the right decisions and dictating to people what they should be doing.

"I've got leaders but they don't show me that. Mark Allott, Reuben Hazell, Neal Eardley, Lee Hughes, Darren Byfield - can't they be leaders? I think they can.

"We're winning the game 1-0 and it's going away from us, so we needed someone to get a grip of Chris Taylor to tell him not to make silly runs or play silly balls. I can shout all I want from the sidelines.

"....I'm very frustrated, I've got players who can play well away from home but not at home."

That latter comment must be what the rarely wrong Chron refers to when it says:

Sheridan also questioned whether some of his players have the “bottle” to play at Boundary Park.

Difference is Taggart is a winner, if it's not working he'll change it.

It's easier to change it when you have a row of internationals sitting on the bench.

Come on Diego, Internationals or not - you know as well as I do Shez has more than enough options, the squad is the biggest we have had since the Chris Moore era with options in every position. Joe Royle hardly ever had a big squad to choose from but had the balls to realise what wasn't working and I have seen him change it many times after 15-20 minutes. It's what good managers do. Rabbits trapped in headlights like Shez sit on their hands and hope something will happen.

It's easier to change it when you have a row of internationals sitting on the bench.

Eardley and Davies are usually on our bench, no? Crossley will be on there in a few weeks so it will be full of internationals as Norms arse will take up the spaces on there of Smalley, Wolf and Lewis.

Guest oa_exile
Eardley and Davies are usually on our bench, no? Crossley will be on there in a few weeks so it will be full of internationals as Norms arse will take up the spaces on there of Smalley, Wolf and Lewis.

You forgot Gregan's arse so now only space on the bench for Crossley and Gregan :grin:

Come on Diego, Internationals or not - you know as well as I do Shez has more than enough options, the squad is the biggest we have had since the Chris Moore era with options in every position. Joe Royle hardly ever had a big squad to choose from but had the balls to realise what wasn't working and I have seen him change it many times after 15-20 minutes. It's what good managers do. Rabbits trapped in headlights like Shez sit on their hands and hope something will happen.

Don't disgree with what you're saying but to compare his options for change with those of Taggart is not fair. Comparison with son of Taggart would be fairer.

Don't disgree with what you're saying but to compare his options for change with those of Taggart is not fair. Comparison with son of Taggart would be fairer.

Shez's options for a third division team are right up there. My point is that i'm sure Taggart used his options at east Stirling and St. Mirren, instead of sitting there with his arms folded. Ronnie Moore was hounded out for less, Graeme Sharp was villified for a similar passive approach. The players are letting us down but the manger's reluctance to actually manage his squad his costing us. Like last season the away results are keeping us ticking over...

Shez's options for a third division team are right up there. My point is that i'm sure Taggart used his options at east Stirling and St. Mirren, instead of sitting there with his arms folded. Ronnie Moore was hounded out for less, Graeme Sharp was villified for a similar passive approach. The players are letting us down but the manger's reluctance to actually manage his squad his costing us. Like last season the away results are keeping us ticking over...

Do away results come easy, without any management?

All this has turned a bit too serious - the idea of the thread was to show that Shez has accepted that you need to be nasty on the pitch, and even cheat a little bit, just like....... you know who. :D

probably because its a serious buisness trying to get your beloved team promoted,and when things arent going accordingly people will look at every detail in a microscopic fashion.....

admitting you have to be more like him and actually being like him are two different things.....

Tell you what if we want a better comparison why don't we look at the fact that it took 4 years with one of the biggest budgets in the country to win anything and into his 3rd year their were many United fans calling for his head.