Does Shez know something we don't?

This was on the Leeds Messageboard

Re: John Sheridan - the man for the job

Posted by: LS8ers (IP Logged)

Date: 22 December, 2008 10:00

"To add some floss to the mill I have it on very good advice that John was at Elland Rd on the Thursday before the Col U game and had a meeting with Shaun Harvey. Doesn't mean anything necessarily but confirms the writing was on the wall for Gary for a couple of weeks."

Link to the thread, last post...

Has he been interviewed?

Edited by oafcprozac

I'd think he has been interviewed, and why wouldn't he be? He's not done a 'go home or go hard' chest beating speech yet as far as I know.

The way we've played the last couple of times at Elland Road would have opened their eyes somewhat, and even though a lot of us are dismayed with our results when we've been expected to win, he still gets a lot out of a reasonably modest budget.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got the job either. I fully expect either Boothroyd (Would be my choice if I was a DirtyLeeds fan, perish the thought) or Poyet to get the job mind, but I say Shez would be close in the running behind those two.

I think Shez needs to finish what he has started here... Will be pissed off if he goes... It will end of our season...

Is he capable of finishing what he has started though? I am not convinced he can. Are we any better than two seasons ago? We have a bigger squad but he doesn't know how to use it.

I think Shez needs to finish what he has started here... Will be pissed off if he goes... It will end of our season...

why will it end our season????

nobody would have the first clue who the owners would approach as a replacement.....

if he did go good luck to him.....he has obviously shown to some folk that he is an excellent manager.....

if he does the next one i want at bp must be someone not connected with oldham and its past.....time for fresh thinking and forward planning with someone who has a keen eye for talent and knows how to spend in the transfer window.

god forbid it be ince though!!!

Guest oa_exile
This was on the Leeds Messageboard

Re: John Sheridan - the man for the job

Posted by: LS8ers (IP Logged)

Date: 22 December, 2008 10:00

"To add some floss to the mill I have it on very good advice that John was at Elland Rd on the Thursday before the Col U game and had a meeting with Shaun Harvey. Doesn't mean anything necessarily but confirms the writing was on the wall for Gary for a couple of weeks."

Link to the thread, last post...

Has he been interviewed?

Did he not also have an interview for the Udders job ?

if he does the next one i want at bp must be someone not connected with oldham and its past.....time for fresh thinking and forward planning with someone who has a keen eye for talent and knows how to spend in the transfer window.

Like Moore or Talbot?? :shock::wink:

Edit....Bloody Owl :grin:

Edited by jorvik_latic

Like Moore or Talbot?? :shock::wink:

Edit....Bloody Owl :grin:

If Shez did go it'd have to be his old mate Danny Wilson for me, his teams always play good football, did really well at Barnsley. Did ok at Sheff Wed and was a tad unlucky at Brizzle. Ok the Mongs thing didn't work out but he did well at Hartlepool but has been unlucky with injuries this season.

Mentioned possible Leeds interest in Shez to Lois in the shop yesterday, she thought it was highly unlikely he would go due to two or three incidents relating to the threatment of his family at elland Road last NYD.

What incidents would those be

No, three seasons of rubbish performances at home. The season he was finally given money we started well then fell apart, rather like this season. Great player VERY average manager.

whats in the past should stay in the past.......

we need to focus on the future,with a fresh approach from someone who wouldnt be afraid to come in and bollok the players when they need it,instead of being too close to them they cant see the wood for the trees.

whats in the past should stay in the past.......

we need to focus on the future,with a fresh approach from someone who wouldnt be afraid to come in and bollok the players when they need it,instead of being too close to them they cant see the wood for the trees.

Therein lies Shez's problem and Ritchie before.

I know Dowie shafted us but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him back here, but on a water-tight contract where he realises that there aint a pot of gold to spend.

prozac what have you got against shez? he,s as frustrated as we all are mate.how bad to watch was that on sat if your a proper oldham fan it was like head tennis where we were sat i was gutted with a draw but if you keep banging on about things need to change on the manager front i promise you that if we follow that path we,ll get nowhere, stick together in the tough times thats what oldham fans are all about but its hard i know mate

IF (and thats a big bloody if) he went, for me would have to be Danny Wilson or Ian Holloway, and unlike most I would not say no to ince, pulled off nothing short of a miracle at Macclesfied keeping them up so he defo can manage on a budget.

Although I cant see it happening, only inexperienced manager who has a chance at that post is poyet purely cos he has his lips on ken bates arse.

But saying that, Blackpool firmly rejected the approach from Leeds for Grayson, so who would want the post knowing they were second choice?

prozac what have you got against shez? he,s as frustrated as we all are mate.how bad to watch was that on sat if your a proper oldham fan it was like head tennis where we were sat i was gutted with a draw but if you keep banging on about things need to change on the manager front i promise you that if we follow that path we,ll get nowhere, stick together in the tough times thats what oldham fans are all about but its hard i know mate

Proper Oldham fan???? don't even :censored:ing go there!

He's frustrated, I'm frustrated because of his blatant short comings. He has the answer to our current problems within the squad HE assembled, I and 4,000 others can see it, He can't and it will cost him his job.

your right carl he has to finish what hes started here first,because he hasnt acheived owt yet,but if it happened id have philiskirk

He would be my first choice but I said holloway or wilson purely on the basis that I dont think TP would want it and I doubt we could find anyone who could run that youth academy better than him

Think its all pie in the sky talk though as cant see shez going to leeds