Not only do they want our manager!

Guest sheridans_world

One fellow latics' fans* kid wrote:

Dear Santa

Please can Oldham be promoted and can Leeds go out of business?

Thank You

Simon

Aged 20 and 3/4

Oh and P.s. Can we resign Lee Hughes... please?

*Maybe it was me.....

I asked for a hoverbike and a kazoo. I keep asking for the pearl-handled .44 Magnum, and I never get it.

I asked please let some silly club pay a fortune for one of our "Highly rated" full backs. Looks like this could happen. Prefer it if it was Lomax though. Eardley centre midfield would gain us promotion.

I asked please let some silly club pay a fortune for one of our "Highly rated" full backs. Looks like this could happen. Prefer it if it was Lomax though. Eardley centre midfield would gain us promotion.

I dont know where all this rubbish for Eardley as CM has come from. He's unproven in that position, played well when he played there once against a poor Crewe side and thats it. He cant even find a man at right back with a pass, never mind CM.

Guest sheridans_world
I dont know where all this rubbish for Eardley as CM has come from. He's unproven in that position, played well when he played there once against a poor Crewe side and thats it. He cant even find a man at right back with a pass, never mind CM.

Eardley at CM = HAHAHA

No way is Eardley a centre mid.

HE played there another time last season as well, although possibly for a match I was especially drunk at. He has all the attributes for a good CM, and did well (I would say extremely well) there when tried - why do you rule it out?

Guest sheridans_world
HE played there another time last season as well, although possibly for a match I was especially drunk at. He has all the attributes for a good CM, and did well (I would say extremely well) there when tried - why do you rule it out?

I dont think he did it. He is good at tackling, but he isnt the 'tough' tackler you need in a CM role, he sometimes chickens out and runs around like a headless chicken not knowing what's going on.

From what I remember, he also seemed to drift out to the right side, his natural position, we have wingers to do that job, we dont need a CM on the right wing during a counter attack.

Eardley is a solid defender for me unfortunatley.

Dont know the details, but im sure he played there for the last three games of last season, scoring two or three, and we won two, possably all three games. was man of the match there more than once as well. id give him a chance there again definatly, although still rate him as a right back, and his name would be a loss to the team sheet if he was to leave next month.

He is leaving in January partly because we have no money and partly because our so called fans get on his back. He is going for 200k with it going up to 500k if Bristol city get promoted and things like that.