John Thompson

Found this.....it suggests the ever-present Thompson has done well at Notts County both in defence and midfield. It also says we have verbally agreed to let them keep him until the end of the season, when his contract with us expires.

Verbal Agreement?

I would be tempted to give him another chance to establish himself here...he's only 27 and we will probably be looking to replace Gregan at the end of the season. He was dire in his last spell but I don't think he was ever fully fit.

We've nothing to loose by bringing him back and if he fails to make the grade he would be released anyway.

Thoughts anybody?

But if you give him another chance, at the expense of who?

He is a decent player, his spell at Tranmere and County shows he`s a decent player, but i wouldnt play in over anybody already here.

He'd have to wait for his chance obviously, but Stam is injury prone and we've only really got 3 centre halves at the club.

We could quite easily lose Hazell to suspension and then we could be really struggling.

I would be tempted to keep him until May as he could yet end up as an asset to this club.

Presuming he's having at least a decent percentage of his wages paid by Notts County I would let him go as he's not very good. I'd rather loan some slightly less inpet cover from someone else than own the totally inept.

Good job was done on loaning him out. Not sure why we don't just offer him to them on a free now though (probably because we are paying some of his wages when I think about it).

Presuming he's having at least a decent percentage of his wages paid by Notts County I would let him go as he's not very good. I'd rather loan some slightly less inpet cover from someone else than own the totally inept.

Good job was done on loaning him out. Not sure why we don't just offer him to them on a free now though (probably because we are paying some of his wages when I think about it).

Considering we were desperate to free upo some of the wage bill, I suspect we are at elast paying the majority.