Ruuuuuuuuubes for the Hot-seat?

he should of stayed on the bus playing it instead of the real thing... he was gash :shock:

Wayno was alright the season we had him. Maybe not so much after.

The amount of grief we'd get away from home because of him and his dives!

Plymouth away when he skinned a couple of their players, got a slight touch, dived, rolled round, got the free kick then winked at their fans :lol:

I thought they were going to rip us and him apart!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Its no substitute for real life experience apparently. I was turned down for the Bolton Job after Rioch got sacked despite having a far superior record to Roy Mcfarland (based on Champ man). I still have the rejection letter.

I hear Blackpool are looking.

Anything to avoid dissertation reading:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to formally apply for the position of manager of Blackpool FC. Whilst some may argue that I lack experience, I have spent the last sixteen years fervently following lower league football (as a supporter of Oldham Athletic) and know the levels below the Premier League inside out. Whilst I concede I am useless at Football Manager, one would argue that this is because a computer is unable to put into practice my unique tactics, and is not programmed to understand how well they would work.

Sometimes a club needs to give a new manager their opportunity. I hope Blackpool will give me the opportunity to live the dream, and act as a beacon of hope for all young and aspiring managers out there.

I am based in Manchester and would thus be able to commute to Blackpool easily. I would hope though that the club would provide me with a car parking space because the pay and display charges in Blackpool’s public car parks are extortionate.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Yours sincerely,

I reckon I've got a shot.

can i again say why arent some moaning that they care more about championship manager than latics? cause u would if it was craig davies...

Yeah, Davies! WTF! What's he doing not playing ChampMan with the rest of the lads, bloody misfit - it's all his fault. And Billy Urmson.

Oh Johnny Eyre has a tale about applying for a Football League management position. I will inform him of this topic.

This is true. Myself and a friend (youngen on here) were massive Champ Man players, and applied for the vacant Hartlepool United job via email. We both used our Champ Man experience, I had been in charge at Latics for 15 years, won the Premier League and Semi's of Champions League. My friend had a similar successful spell at a club on the game.

A day later, I get a phone call telling me that Hartlepool United were a serious football club, and that they didn't need their time wasted by a joker who had not even left school.......but if I got coaching qualifications, they would consider me. I immediately rang my friend, who told me he had the exact same phone call.

Works fine for me.

Copy and paste this

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm

Thats a top story and I think worthy of a donation. Good bloke that Gibson, probably has got a good eye for a bit of good free publicity as well.

I applied for the Bolton Job in 1995 (when I was about 14) and got a bog standard rejection letter but still at least they replied. About 6 months later a 13 year old kid did the same and it ended up on Newsround. Bolton were obviously not as media savvy as Boro or the Canaries.

Anything to avoid dissertation reading:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to formally apply for the position of manager of Blackpool FC. Whilst some may argue that I lack experience, I have spent the last sixteen years fervently following lower league football (as a supporter of Oldham Athletic) and know the levels below the Premier League inside out. Whilst I concede I am useless at Football Manager, one would argue that this is because a computer is unable to put into practice my unique tactics, and is not programmed to understand how well they would work.

Sometimes a club needs to give a new manager their opportunity. I hope Blackpool will give me the opportunity to live the dream, and act as a beacon of hope for all young and aspiring managers out there.

I am based in Manchester and would thus be able to commute to Blackpool easily. I would hope though that the club would provide me with a car parking space because the pay and display charges in Blackpool’s public car parks are extortionate.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Yours sincerely,

I reckon I've got a shot.

:lol:

A day later, I get a phone call telling me that Hartlepool United were a serious football club, and that they didn't need their time wasted by a joker who had not even left school.......but if I got coaching qualifications, they would consider me.

I`m doing my coaching qualifications at the min, if i pass i might be tempted to try a crack at management! :grin: