bad news...jones out for another 8 weeks..

Real shame - decent player for us so far.

Given the period I presume we will drop our interest in a loan to the end of the season now - not much point is there?

Unless we can agree for Wolves to pay his wages and for us to have him when he's fit again for the final 3 months of the season?

Real shame - decent player for us so far.

Given the period I presume we will drop our interest in a loan to the end of the season now - not much point is there?

Or indeed Sheridan and the club are looking at taking him perm. This may strengthen our hand in negotiating a deal.

It surely means there is not a hope in hell of him having any chance of a look in with Wolves, given how they are doing and the rehab time. I can't see why they wouldn't be looking to send him out to get some games played later on to try and help get a decent fee for him in the summer.

No doubt we will miss him a lot, the balance he brought to the side was evident, I can't believe some people criticised him especially when selected ahead of Lomax. To all those who said Lomax never put a foot wrong last week check out their penalty again. He is ball watching and doesn't appear to see the guy float past him, that's where we miss Gregan for his bollockings. Add that to his lack of overlapping & passing ability and you will see why Lomax for Jones = one more reason why we'll remain in this division next season.

Whilst I'll agree we'll miss Jones for what he brings to the side, defending is not one of the massive strengths included. Sure he defends cos thats is job remit but it's certainly not the best he brings. As for full backs sleeping, even the best do occassionally and will be to blame for an area passed through where a goal is scored, the idea is to minimise these.

As a side.....who was the best full back we've had apart from Irwin.

Whilst I'll agree we'll miss Jones for what he brings to the side, defending is not one of the massive strengths included. Sure he defends cos thats is job remit but it's certainly not the best he brings. As for full backs sleeping, even the best do occassionally and will be to blame for an area passed through where a goal is scored, the idea is to minimise these.

In my time, Gunnar, Ian Wood (Leighton James apart) Maurice Whittle, John ryan ( quite a bit like Jones) Carl Serrant had lots of promise if his career hadn't been cut short. Earl could fill in ably in either Full back position. I will be interested to see what happens to Ryan Bertrand as I thought he had the potential to do anything. Mind you after I'd seen Kilkeeny play twice i said he'd play for England (hadn't realised that one, he was an Aussie and two, I'd seen the best two games of his career)

Bertrand.

Bertrand.

Controversial, and despite his inconsistency gotta be Eards, good tackler, wicked shot on him and can deliver a peach of a cross. Makes it all the mystifying why Shez deems him not good enough to start.

As for for Denis, Lags - awesome going forward, couldn't defend for toffee....Fergie added that dimension to his game by switching him to left-back.

Guest oa_exile

In my time we have had some decent FB's over the years, especially consistent pairings :

As well as some of the one's already posted, here are some :

Wood - Whittle

Sinclair - Ryan

Irwin - Donachie

Irwin - Barlow

Barrett - Barlow

Warhurst was also a good FB before he became CB, striker and ....

I have i missed any ?