Carlisle 1 o'clock kick-off - why?

If we were playing Carlisle on Saturday it would be a 3 o'clock kick-off, so why has it been moved to 1 o'clock? Why are Sunday kick-offs at BP always earlier than Saturdays?

All those who rely on a skinful in the pub to get into the match mood will be disappointed!

All those who cant make it by 1pm will be disappointed, me being one.

I'm looking at 2pm so now wont bother.

Yes, so why 1pm.

All those who cant make it by 1pm will be disappointed, me being one.

I'm looking at 2pm so now wont bother.

Yes, so why 1pm.

Unless it's on police advice (which it isn't in case of Carlisle game), the clubs obviously think more people will turn up for an earlier k.o. than 3 pm. It may have something to do with the fact that Sunday shopping hours are usually 10 am to 4 pm, so a 3 pm kick-off will make it inconvenient to pick up or be reunited with shopping family members after the match. 2 pm k.o. means just before 4 pm finish, and 1 pm k.o. just before 3 pm. Normal 3 pm Saturday k.o. fits in well with shops closing around 5 to 5.30 pm. Also I suspect more people work Satuday AM (Post Office, Building Society, some trade counters etc) than on Sundays.

Also earlier k.o. means you save on floodlighting costs and possibly some other overheads.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Unless it's on police advice (which it isn't in case of Carlisle game), the clubs obviously think more people will turn up for an earlier k.o. than 3 pm. It may have something to do with the fact that Sunday shopping hours are usually 10 am to 4 pm, so a 3 pm kick-off will make it inconvenient to pick up or be reunited with shopping family members after the match. 2 pm k.o. means just before 4 pm finish, and 1 pm k.o. just before 3 pm. Normal 3 pm Saturday k.o. fits in well with shops closing around 5 to 5.30 pm. Also I suspect more people work Satuday AM (Post Office, Building Society, some trade counters etc) than on Sundays.

Also earlier k.o. means you save on floodlighting costs and possibly some other overheads.

Point taken about the floodlights, but in that case why not always kick off earlier in the winter, like we used to do?

The picking up or being reunited with shopping family members had never crossed my mind, and I would be amazed if there were sufficient of those involved to warrant a change of kick-off time to suit them. Saturday 27th is a football-free day and shopaholics can have their fill without worrying about Sunday's shorter shopping hours.

1:00pm also interferes with lunch, and I notice now that Newcastle v Liverpool kick-off is 12 noon on Sunday. So I can see that having a detrimental effect on the BP crowd.

I hope the players' body clocks are timed correctly!

1:00pm also interferes with lunch, and I notice now that Newcastle v Liverpool kick-off is 12 noon on Sunday. So I can see that having a detrimental effect on the BP crowd.

On the other hand, Blackburn v City is at 4.15, so if we played at 3 then that could also impact on our crowd...probably quite a bit more than Toon v Liverpool.

It is a strange one, though.

On the other hand, Blackburn v City is at 4.15, so if we played at 3 then that could also impact on our crowd...probably quite a bit more than Toon v Liverpool.

It is a strange one, though.

But 2:00pm would have accommodated the Sky subscribers and given them a chance of some fresh air at BP. :unsure: .

Point taken about the floodlights, but in that case why not always kick off earlier in the winter, like we used to do?

The picking up or being reunited with shopping family members had never crossed my mind, and I would be amazed if there were sufficient of those involved to warrant a change of kick-off time to suit them. Saturday 27th is a football-free day and shopaholics can have their fill without worrying about Sunday's shorter shopping hours.

I hope the players' body clocks are timed correctly!

Have to agree that this is a strange one - it also means that I will be leaving home at 8:00 am to get to Oldham in good time to visit relatives and get to the game - bang goes another lie in :mad:

Have to agree that this is a strange one - it also means that I will be leaving home at 8:00 am to get to Oldham in good time to visit relatives and get to the game - bang goes another lie in :mad:

Same here (as we always do), but we cannot go out for lunch as we always do before the game, and afterwards is just not convenient. :disappointed:

I see that as a definite plus point to be honest.

All those who rely on a skinful in the pub to get into the match mood will be disappointed!

No they wont. Upsteps in town serves from 9am. Even earlier if the drunken pensioners knock loud enough for their morning pint of Mild.

Pubs on Rochdale Road will be open before 12.

Just means back in the pub in time for big Jeff and the results coming in.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

If we were playing Carlisle on Saturday it would be a 3 o'clock kick-off, so why has it been moved to 1 o'clock? Why are Sunday kick-offs at BP always earlier than Saturdays?

Well I'd like to think it's so I've been able to go to the game and also attend a family gatering in the evening :grin:

Thanks Latics :grin: