Droylsden - kicked out of FA Cup after appeal failed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they offering odds on why it will be called off?

I'm going for a terror threat from an Osama Bin Pace at about 65 minutes.

Floodlights is a clear favourite at 2/5 though a tiger being released onto the pitch and Dave Pace blaming a circus visiting the local area is worth a shot at 20/1 :wink:

If it was before 70mins would they HAVE to give refunds ? Also did they ever say why the lights went out last week?

I was under the impression that 70 minutes was the cut-off point for refunds, but that may not be the case. The link may be out of date, but gives a sliding scale % for refunds based on how long played before postponement.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/CBFA0947...fundPolicy1.pdf

I never heard why the lights went out, but no doubt Lee Richardson will have someone watching more closely whose hand is on the switch tonight if his job is looking safe. :lol:

2/5 - Floodlights.

Evens - Whistle.

2/1 - Fog.

5/1 - Pitch Invasion.

8/1 - Droylsden offered the light, and is taken.

10/1 - Waterlogged pitch.

16/1 - German invasion.

20/1 - Tiger.

33/1 - Mass hysteria due to second coming, just before Chrimbo n'all...

50/1 - The stadium disappears and is replaced by a massive pot of jam.

100/1 - Alien invasion.

I was under the impression that 70 minutes was the cut-off point for refunds, but that may not be the case. The link may be out of date, but gives a sliding scale % for refunds based on how long played before postponement.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/CBFA0947...fundPolicy1.pdf

I never heard why the lights went out, but no doubt Lee Richardson will have someone watching more closely whose hand is on the switch tonight if his job is looking safe. :lol:

The 'official' reason was that the beer pumps in the bar weren't working, and the bloke who went to fix them accidently disconnected the cable for the floodlights instead :blink:

Anyone know when the Ipswich game is by the way? Might have a trip down s'long as it doesn't clash with any of our fixtures...

The 'official' reason was that the beer pumps in the bar weren't working, and the bloke who went to fix them accidently disconnected the cable for the floodlights instead :blink:

Anyone know when the Ipswich game is by the way? Might have a trip down s'long as it doesn't clash with any of our fixtures...

3rd of jan at ipswitch were at hudders

Guest oa_exile
Should just kick them both out and give Ipswich a bye. Not like either of them will get anything down there anyway.

............apart from a nice pay day, which in Droylsden's case could be enough to build a new ground :)