Droylsden - kicked out of FA Cup after appeal failed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Prize money certainly would go to chesterfield. But doubt they would do anything bout gate receipts as remember FA get a share of those

Agree but if they pick up a fine then the gate reciept's, their share from the games will be lost with the fine....get my drift ^_^

Edited by oa_exile

Agree but if they pick up a fine then the gate reciept's, their share from the games will be lost with the fine....get my drift ^_^

it would be desperately sad for them to get kicked out in this way but it's not looking good. I can't see how anything else could be done.

Only thing in their favour is that they are a part time club also - just thought of this one - couldn't they argue it wasn't a replay of last weeks floodlight tie but the same game being played and he was available for that so theoretically the game was played last week not last night?

I know i'll go and get it

it would be desperately sad for them to get kicked out in this way but it's not looking good. I can't see how anything else could be done.

Only thing in their favour is that they are a part time club also - just thought of this one - couldn't they argue it wasn't a replay of last weeks floodlight tie but the same game being played and he was available for that so theoretically the game was played last week not last night?

I know i'll go and get it

I thought that.

FA Statement

Wednesday, 24 December 2008.

The FA can confirm that it is making enquiries into Droylsden's apparent fielding of an ineligible player in their FA Cup Second Round tie against Chesterfield last night.

The enquiries relate to defender Sean Newton, who picked up his fifth booking of the season on 9 December . According to The FA's Disciplinary Regulations, he was therefore suspended for one match from yesterday, Tuesday 23 December.

Droylsden were informed of the suspension on 10 December, which was then confirmed by the club four days later. Clubs are aware that they are responsible for checking that their players are eligible to play in any given match.

The matter will be dealt with by an FA Cup Committee hearing on Monday 29 December, in order to resolve it before the FA Cup Third Round match against Ipswich Town on 3 January 2009. All three clubs affected are being kept informed of developments.

Their fooked!

FA Statement

Monday, 29 December 2008.

An FA Cup Protest Sub-Committee met today to consider the case of Droylsden FC.

The Sub-Committee ruled that in playing defender Sean Newton against Chesterfield in The FA Cup Second Round on Tuesday 23 December while the player was under suspension, Droylsden FC had breached FA Cup Rules and should be removed from this season's competition. Chesterfield will therefore play at Ipswich Town on Saturday 3 January 2009 in the Third Round.

The Sub-Committee also ruled that the FA Cup Prize Fund payment of £30,000 should be redirected to Chesterfield FC. There is no fine imposed against Droylsden FC and the club's participation in future FA Cup competitions is not affected.

Any appeal against the decision must be lodged with The FA by 9am tomorrow and the appeal would be heard on Wednesday 31 December.

When bury got kicked out, Was it Ipsbitch they should have played also?

Chesterfield have never played Ipswich in any league or competition its the only one of all 92 league clubs they havent previousley played omen lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I don't know the rules back to front, but wouldn't a player who was suspended for the (last) abandoned match have been ineligible for the re-played game? Like any FA cup replay?

So shouldn't a player who was eligible for the (last) abandoned match have retained that eligibility regardless of any other incidents? And then be suspended for the next relevant game bar the game being replayed?

Seems to be a bit of a heads I win / tails you lose situation?

Would a player who was suspended for the last abandoned game have been able to play in the replay even if there had been no other games played inbetween?

I don't know the rules back to front, but wouldn't a player who was suspended for the (last) abandoned match have been ineligible for the re-played game? Like any FA cup replay?

So shouldn't a player who was eligible for the (last) abandoned match have retained that eligibility regardless of any other incidents? And then be suspended for the next relevant game bar the game being replayed?

Seems to be a bit of a heads I win / tails you lose situation?

Would a player who was suspended for the last abandoned game have been able to play in the replay even if there had been no other games played inbetween?

It would have been interesting if this had been Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal.

I really wonder, would the FA really throw 1 of those 4 out of the FA Cup?

There again, Droylsden's Secretary is very experienced and unless he had received a reply from the FA to his fax, should have advised the manager not to let the player take part.

Cheers,

Harry

They did chuck West Ham out of the League Cup a few years back.

But they wouldn't deduct points off them the other season would they !!!!

Never been such a stitch up in football.

The recent legal case that Sheff Utd won proves that WHU were in breach of the transfer rules but the FA bottled out of deducting points off a premier league side.

Far easier to do it to the likes of Luton and Bournemouth etc becuase they like nothing better than kicking a lower team when they are down and nearly out.

But hey , touch a premier team - never

The recent legal case that Sheff Utd won proves that WHU were in breach of the transfer rules but the FA bottled out of deducting points off a premier league side.

Far easier to do it to the likes of Luton and Bournemouth etc becuase they like nothing better than kicking a lower team when they are down and nearly out.

I'm sure they would argue that was a different offence deserving of a different penalty.

The saga is not over yet, there's an appeal on Wednesday. :shock:

Supposing Droylsden win that, will there be a counter appeal - and who will play Ipswich on Saturday ? :unsure:

Maybe both teams will turn up and it will be decided at 14.59. :o

This could run until Cup Final day. :blush:

Edited by BP1960

You're dealing with different bodies though. The FA and Premier League govern the Greedy League. The Football League were responsible for the deductions you mentioned.