Shez on Hughes and Byfield

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez talks about the current first choice strikers.

He said “Lee is an intelligent player in the penalty box. I would say there is nobody better in our division and probably elsewhere in the Football League. He is instinctive and knows what to do. He doesn’t take a big swing at the ball and simply tries to get it on target. If he does that, as he invariably does, he always has a chance of scoring. I hope our young players look at what Lee does, both in training and in games, as they can learn a lot from him."

On Byfield he said: “We have not seen the best of Darren and there is a lot more to come from him. I don’t know the way he has played for Doncaster but I want him to play further forward on the last man. And because he has pace, I am sure he will cause problems for opposing defences. Darren is a nice lad who has settled in well. He is enjoying his time with us and has been a plus. All he needs is a goal and, once he gets one, I am sure there will be more to come.”

If he plays any further forward, he'll be even more offside than Hughesy! :lol:

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez talks about the current first choice strikers.

He said “Lee is an intelligent player in the penalty box. I would say there is nobody better in our division and probably elsewhere in the Football League. He is instinctive and knows what to do. He doesn’t take a big swing at the ball and simply tries to get it on target. If he does that, as he invariably does, he always has a chance of scoring. I hope our young players look at what Lee does, both in training and in games, as they can learn a lot from him."

On Byfield he said: “We have not seen the best of Darren and there is a lot more to come from him. I don’t know the way he has played for Doncaster but I want him to play further forward on the last man. And because he has pace, I am sure he will cause problems for opposing defences. Darren is a nice lad who has settled in well. He is enjoying his time with us and has been a plus. All he needs is a goal and, once he gets one, I am sure there will be more to come.”

Same goes for Smalley, Alessandra, Davies etc etc - the power of hitting the onion bag - not to be underestimated :lol:

he hasnt played for doncaster and thats half the problem...

for some reason we only seem to loan players who are not 100% fit,and by the time the loan comes to an end its not worked out for anybody,and we have used up a valuable loan spot.

the two main strikers we have at present need the ball threading through to them and to feet...not lumped up to them in the air where they can't do anything with it..play it to feet and they will both turn defenders and shoot....

i want byfield to do well and score a few while here,as i think if hughes goes shez will want to keep byfield.