Liddell the penalty and Latics bet king

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1498596,00.html

The article on the official site got me thinking (yeah yeah dangerous I know). Matt Le Tissier scored 48 out of 49 spot kicks with only our Norm stopping him. Does anyone know Liddells record? it's got to be one of the best. Likewise Alan Shearer. For the older gentleman, Francis Lee was quite a spot man being called the flying pig for his dives in the box.

Edited by Lags

No, you can stutter your run all you want but you CAN'T step back once you've started the run up, you have to move forward, so if you mess the run up trying to be clever then you have the strike the ball dead from on the spot (Liddell usually does that anyway).

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Aldo used to do that and again it was questioned. I dont know if the law as changed however once you'd started your run up you weren't allowed to stop movin. Aldo claimed a part of his body was still moving maybe Lidds does the same!

EDIT: OK as the post above suggest maybe its not move backwards

Edited by Lags

I have a question about Liddell's pens. Isn't it illegal (for want of a better word) to run up, stop and then carry on running before taking the kick? That's what he seems to do.

only illegal if he stops. He stutters, or slows down, but never stops in his run up.

You dont need much in your legs to stutteringly run up 5 yards to kick a stationary ball... then spend the rest of the game stood on the wing contributing toss all.. :wink:

Tell that to all of those who have missed such an "easy part" of the game :wink: - also i do believe his assists yet again this year are not bad!! (awaiting BB to give us his pre Jan, 2 seasons ago verdict :grin: )

Tell that to all of those who have missed such an "easy part" of the game :wink: - also i do believe his assists yet again this year are not bad!! (awaiting BB to give us his pre Jan, 2 seasons ago verdict :grin: )

Ok... "Chrissy, you are bobbins at Penalties... stop it with all that skill and ability rubbish, and concentrate on being more like Liddell, you know, doing bugger all and fooling people into believing you warrant a place in the team"

Only joking... i'm over this arguement... its all gravy, and hopefully theres only another half a season to endure of captain slow.. before smalley gets his rightful position on the RW :wink::)

Guest oa_exile

BFL's in a :whoosh: mood I can feel it int' mi bones.........dont bite F_B :lol:

Guest oa_exile
and hopefully theres only another half a season to endure of captain slow.. before smalley gets his rightful position on the RW :wink::)

Hope Shez gives him another season :grin:

Guest oa_exile
:lol: I've bit. Behave BF, season of good will, give him an extension :grin:

The way I look at it is ...... that our super dooper penalty taker who never misses is guaranteed say 5 or 6 certain goals from the spot a season, which will make him our third or fourth leading goalscorer.......so must be worth another season's extension to his contract :lol:

The article on the official site got me thinking (yeah yeah dangerous I know). Matt Le Tissier scored 48 out of 49 spot kicks with only our Norm stopping him. Does anyone know Liddells record? it's got to be one of the best. Likewise Alan Shearer. For the older gentleman, Francis Lee was quite a spot man being called the flying pig for his dives in the box.

Don't care how bloody good he is thats a bloody short price for him to score tomorrow

fifth para.

Edited by astottie

Ok... "Chrissy, you are bobbins at Penalties... stop it with all that skill and ability rubbish, and concentrate on being more like Liddell, you know, doing bugger all and fooling people into believing you warrant a place in the team"

Only joking... i'm over this arguement... its all gravy, and hopefully theres only another half a season to endure of captain slow.. before smalley gets his rightful position on the RW :wink::)

Smalley runs down to many dead ends to say right wing is his rightful position.

You have started it now -

He will miss the one in the playoffs at wembley in the last minute that would have gained us promotion to the Chamionship.

Edited by losesome