If we don't pick up 7-9 points during the next 3 games, have we pretty much had it?

We have to beat Crewe tomorrow, and we have to beat Carlisle. Huddersfield are on the up, and who I think are this year's slow-starter, so I'd be content with a point.

Failure to pick 7 points up, and even the over-optimistic bunch (basically, those who clap effortless performances just to avoid a dig from Sheridan) haven't a leg to stand on.

We can pick up as many points as we like against teams in the top 10, but if you can't beat those towards the bottom end of the league, we're finishing around 10th again.

We have to beat Crewe tomorrow, and we have to beat Carlisle. Huddersfield are on the up, and who I think are this year's slow-starter, so I'd be content with a point.

Failure to pick 7 points up, and even the over-optimistic bunch (basically, those who clap effortless performances just to avoid a dig from Sheridan) haven't a leg to stand on.

We can pick up as many points as we like against teams in the top 10, but if you can't beat those towards the bottom end of the league, we're finishing around 10th again.

why are you so pessimistic?

....merry christmas?

Tell your 5 year old there's no Santa yet? Must be next on the list! :lol:

We'll probably get 4-5 points but we will still be just outside the playoffs. Who cares we'll support oldham what ever league were in what ever division were in so it doesnt really matter at the end of the day does it. :hanged:

but sadly not many more will, if we stay in this sad little division much longer,

he is just being realistic. i shall be looking for some good results.

Could have sworn the season finishes in May still obviously you know best and all those fixtures after Jan 3rd are a figment of my imagination

seem to remeber wolvwes being 12 points clear at xmas couple of years ago didnt they fail to go up and wba who were no where at the same time promoted long time to go yet

we have been plaing very average of late ( wasnt there for leyton orient) and not losing, we have shown what we are capable of early season. it would only take a run of 4 wins in six or something similar to fire us up close to the top two. perfectly achievable with the squad we have. if we lose taylor and hughes in jan and have a run of four defeats then i would start getting pessamistic, until then, correct me if im wrong but we are in a play off spot?

If we get 6 points I will be very surprised if we are not in the top 6. So that's a very big fat NO to you sir.

There's a lot in the top few playing each other - so many will drop points.

There's 5 months to the end of the season, so a hell of a long way to go until we can say it isn't going to happen.

There are a lot of good performances to come from Latics and this season still has a hell of a lot to offer.

Christmas/New Year fixtures often throw up some freak results where it's clear one set of players aren't up for it and get mullered,

I agree we should be targeting 7 points from the next few games. We should be higher in the league with the squad we have. Shez should have sorted out the midfield issues by now (and should be playing Lewis Alessandra more).

But over? It certainly isn't and if that means finishing 6th, having a day out at Wembley and gaining promotion via the play-offs in front of 40,000-50,000 people? I'll take it.

See you at Gresty Road chaps.

Why would we won't people who would leave us for failing there expectations anyway.

erm...because we need every god dam supporter that we can muster. besides, think he has a point! 7 or 9 points out of the next 3 games would keep us on the coat tails of 2nd place (leicester are well gone and in a league of there own imo). Anything less and and I just don't think it is good enough!

It wasn't long ago that we all thought that we were going up as champions now everyone is talking about 6th place only.

....merry christmas?

I could quote nearly every reply to this thread with the following reply, but cos you mentioned Christmas I thought I'd reply directly to this, aiming it as you all: I don't get on here very often so, unfortunately, I had to seem like the Grinch :grin: Also, I'm not a pessimist, quite the opposite, but I'm not a fool, either.

Either way, that's 3 points. I'll wait until after the Huddersfield game to reply and elaborate to some of the other replies in this this thread...

I could quote nearly every reply to this thread with the following reply, but cos you mentioned Christmas I thought I'd reply directly to this, aiming it as you all: I don't get on here very often so, unfortunately, I had to seem like the Grinch :grin: Also, I'm not a pessimist, quite the opposite, but I'm not a fool, either.

Either way, that's 3 points. I'll wait until after the Huddersfield game to reply and elaborate to some of the other replies in this this thread...

have you slashed your wrists yet by the fact we only won three nill, and not by four five or six if you dont get on very often keep it that way i you are going to b bloodynegative we have far too many doom and gloom merchants on here and certainly dont need another one

have you slashed your wrists yet by the fact we only won three nill, and not by four five or six if you dont get on very often keep it that way i you are going to b bloodynegative we have far too many doom and gloom merchants on here and certainly dont need another one

Someone explain to me how I have been pessimistic. Considering with 7-9 points I feel we still have a good chance at automatic promotion, any successful explanation would amaze me.

Yesterday's win at Crewe will be rendered pointless if we fail to beat Carlisle at home tomorrow.

These are must win games and if we can get an early goal then I fancy us to score a few.

Their away form is amongst the worst in the league with only 5 points, 1 win, and 7 goals from 11 games.

It has home win written all over it........but you all know the score...nothing's as simple as that with Latics!!!!!!