Why don't we ...

What would that acheive? You can get just as good players in England, even better ones that have experience in England.

Each country (not being stereotypical) has its own traits.

France: Finishing

Germany: Strength

Spain: Passing

Portugal: Skill

Trinidad and Tobago: Premier league failures

You won't remember all the foreign trialists we had in the Ritchie era will you? Remember us getting a 5 ft keeper.

We had the league of nations here as well under Talbot, look where that nearly got us!

Sweetleftfootovic and Diego just aren't good enough either.

Don't forget Yantoro!

You won't remember all the foreign trialists we had in the Ritchie era will you? Remember us getting a 5 ft keeper.

We had the league of nations here as well under Talbot, look where that nearly got us!

Sweetleftfootovic and Diego just aren't good enough either.

Don't forget Yantoro!

Or Diego :wink:

dont think we necesserarily ned to look abroad, dont see what that would bring th, we not gonna to be able to afford for example a player from Seria A  OR la liga we mightRlooking to go to other countries second division we can look at player from he chsmpionship or league  who will have more idea of wat is needed and those players are out there, taking jones as a good example as he would have been a great asset to us had hr=e stayed fit

Edited by neiladamsheadband

dont think we necesserarily ned to look abroad, dont see what that would bring that would bring, we not gonna to be able to aff for example a player from Seria A OR la liga SO WE MIGHT AS WELL LIGA RATeR THAN Rlooking to go other countries second divion we can look at player from he chsmpionship or league who will have more idea of wat is needed and those players are out there, taking jones as a god example as he would have been a great asset to us had hr=e stayed fit

:drinking: ?

Just because you say you're not being stereotypical doesn't mean that you aren't.

Silly post, silly topic.

... look for players abroad?

I've always wondered, "why not?"

The answer maybe obvious but i'm sure ONLY 1 or 2 would help.

Are you forgetting Tommy's extensive scouting trip to Poland???

... Still confident Jarko Sweetleftfootovic will be arriving in january... just watch this space....

Hmmmm......Dwight Yorke. Biggest failure ever I'd say. I mean he only has a few Premiership title medals and a Champions league winners medal.

Have you no toys left to play with?

Hmmmm......Dwight Yorke. Biggest failure ever I'd say. I mean he only has a few Premiership title medals and a Champions league winners medal.

It's what happened AFTER that :wink:

My point is, we're bringing in players who are the same class as this league. Now Jones' is just god in yellow boots, but some others ...

There are alot of good young players out there. Also, Serie A, Liga A? Much to expensive. The second leagues abroad are very well rated leagues.

It's what happened AFTER that :wink:

My point is, we're bringing in players who are the same class as this league.

If they were a better class than this league, then they surely wouldn't be playing in it and wanting to sign for us would they? :wink:

And after the meeting Mr Hardy attended last week and the new ruling on home grown players, i would imagine that the 'abroad' optionn would be even less looked at.

I dont see the harm in principal with the idea, i bet there would be lots of foreign footballers who would love to come to england and play, even if it is in league 1. Just obviously the problem would be sending scouts abroad, but im sure the club is constantly getting trialists in from all over the place as it is.

Don't mean to be funny like, but we have in recent times signed players from abroad.

Stam, (Currently playing/injured) Pogliacomi, the winger from Sporting Lisbon, Laurenco (Sp?) etc etc

The manager is constantly looking at options. He has a budget to fit into (including the on costs of travek & accomodation) and will only bring in players who in his opinion are better than we already have so that the team improves - At the end of the day his job depends on it.

He has also had players from abroad in on trial - ala Diego Sideburns Cervero :wink: amongst others. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't and it doesn't matter what the fans think the manager makes the call. I mean just because some fans name themselves after players on trial on an internet messageboard doesn't mean the manager has to sign them :tongue1:

Cheers,

Harry

Dont forget our little Argie, Colluso. Anyone know where he came from without looking it up (club rather than 'argentina')?

We've had plenty of foreigners on trial, loads in the summer who musnt have been good enough.

I have never heard of these lads. I looked up Colluso and he signed in 2002 ...

There are lots of Serbian's, Bulgarian's, Russian's, out there, you know, Dropusabottleofpopov who seem quite good and no doubt would they want to play in English football (like someone else said).

The thing is. They start over there. They have experience.