Clean Sheet

And he didnt concede a penalty today!

Only 3 in 3 games now ;)

I know and he still hasn't let one in yet!

I can't see Norm taking the shirt of him now the big difference is that Fleming can get to the shots that Norm can't anymore Fleming is much more agile for shot stopping and much quicker off his line and its making a difference.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I know and he still hasn't let one in yet!

I can't see Norm taking the shirt of him now the big difference is that Fleming can get to the shots that Norm can't anymore Fleming is much more agile for shot stopping and much quicker off his line and its making a difference.

I dont count the ball hitting the post and then going in as a save! :wink:

Crossley's a great keeper, but so's Flem, probably the most interesting keeper battle we've had in years!

KTF

Joe

Crossley's a great keeper, but so's Flem, probably the most interesting keeper battle we've had in years!

KTF

Joe

Nothing will ever be as fascinating as the Bell/O'Donnell debate last year.

KTF

Joe

I've been impressed with Greg so far. He's started just 3 consecutive games, but we can't just say Crossley's not having the shirt back.

You take Gregan outta the side, and without Crossley, we don't have a lot of leadership. It needs one of the other CB's to show their experience, which will help Flemming a lot.

I do agree, though, that he's showing good promise. He made that excellent point-blank save, and with guidance from Norm, I can certainly see him starting next season as our number 1, and if he keeps improving, he could very well enjoy a good career.

I really don't know where you lot form your opinions from.

Fleming has now played in 3 games and although no one can claim he has let us down, I think that it's also fair to say that he has not had too much to do in any of the 3 games (which is a credit to the rest of the team and in particular the defence.)

Crewe were awful yesterday and rarely threatened. Orient? How many shots did they have? how many crosses did they tease Fleming with? As for Peterboro, they had 2 penalties one which he made a good save from and the other hit the post, their 1st goal was a wicked deflection which gave him no chance and his only other action was saving a poor and weak effort from M-S in injury time.

I'm not being harsh on Fleming, to date he hasn't done anything wrong, but we haven't seen anything to judge him on yet. The team are unbeaten in 7, the defence is looking solid and limited opportuinities are being created by/allowed to the opposition. The time to judge the kid will be when he has been given far more to do, he makes an error gifting a goal to the opposition and how he reacts/recovers from that or when Rnagers come in after 10 games, offer us £1/2 million because he's kept 7 clean sheets in 10 :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

I really don't know where you lot form your opinions from.

Fleming has now played in 3 games and although no one can claim he has let us down, I think that it's also fair to say that he has not had too much to do in any of the 3 games (which is a credit to the rest of the team and in particular the defence.)

Crewe were awful yesterday and rarely threatened. Orient? How many shots did they have? how many crosses did they tease Fleming with? As for Peterboro, they had 2 penalties one which he made a good save from and the other hit the post, their 1st goal was a wicked deflection which gave him no chance and his only other action was saving a poor and weak effort from M-S in injury time.

I'm not being harsh on Fleming, to date he hasn't done anything wrong, but we haven't seen anything to judge him on yet. The team are unbeaten in 7, the defence is looking solid and limited opportuinities are being created by/allowed to the opposition. The time to judge the kid will be when he has been given far more to do, he makes an error gifting a goal to the opposition and how he reacts/recovers from that or when Rnagers come in after 10 games, offer us £1/2 million because he's kept 7 clean sheets in 10 :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Correct Harry - Just to let some of you know as well - Clean sheets are not just kept by a keeper :wink: Defend from the front!! as i've posted on another topic, Hughes won how many headers from corners yesterday, Maher picked up countless second balls off our clearances/challenges - a good team work ethic is being shown at the mo in terms of the defence.