Needed his first goal - i'm sure he'd like to thank the :clown: who've give him stick/abuse albeit him only playing 5 games or so. As for the :clown: sat behind me yesterday after 20 minutes "take him off Shez and @@@@ off back to Doncaster", you are class!

Even after his goal, humble pie couldn't be ate and he continued to make sarcastic remarks - to the amusement of his merry followers with him!

Nowt like having an open mind when watching a game/player is there! :wink:

Needed his first goal - i'm sure he'd like to thank the :clown: who've give him stick/abuse albeit him only playing 5 games or so. As for the :clown: sat behind me yesterday after 20 minutes "take him off Shez and @@@@ off back to Doncaster", you are class!

Even after his goal, humble pie couldn't be ate and he continued to make sarcastic remarks - to the amusement of his merry followers with him!

Credit to the bloke a few along from me who was screaming what a "shower of :censored:" the team are about 20 seconds before the first goal. Not what I would call 'support' but each to their own.

Aye there was a guy behind me who did nothing but abuse him for an hour, but he soon shut up when he scored!

And then Maher, who in the second half looked more confident, pinged a pass from one side to the other and lomax took it and lost it, so the guy had a go at Maher????

Also, special mention to Mark Allott, that Cruyff turn he did in the first half to take two Crewe players out was sublime!!

You must have been sat very close to me, as I had exactly the same Balloon behind me.

Aye there was a guy behind me who did nothing but abuse him for an hour, but he soon shut up when he scored!

And then Maher, who in the second half looked more confident, pinged a pass from one side to the other and lomax took it and lost it, so the guy had a go at Maher????

Also, special mention to Mark Allott, that Cruyff turn he did in the first half to take two Crewe players out was sublime!!

Queue jumper :grin:

He wasn't great - 1 chance though - that was all! Not a lot to judge a striker on imo

To be honest, apart from the goal, and a few little jinks, I thought Byfield was poor and way off the pace yesterday.

I since found out he has been Ill all through Christmas and has hardly trained...if that's the case then well done Byfield, but you have to ask, "Why did he play at all"?

It worked out OK in the end but if that goal hadn't gone in and we'd have been playing against better opposition it could have been so different.

I think it proves how little faith Shez has in O'Grady and Allesandra....If we lose Hughes next month who the hell is going to score the flamin goals!!!

Lee had a good game yesterday and would start again for me tomorrow...We have to get him match fit along with the likes of Dale Stephens as in the second half of the season we have to increase the competition for places if we are to gain promotion.

All in all a good performance yesterday especially in the second half and on the plus side Crewe, who were at home, never looked like scoring.

Shez is going to have a difficult decision to make when Crossley is fit.

Fleming to keep his place???

That guy was sat only a few rows behind me, he certainly was a class act, pillock.

I have only seen Byfield play twice (Orient and Crewe) so I'll accept others may have seen things I haven't.

However - for me he is clearly a player with ability that could/should/has done very well at this level. This is tempered however by being the complete opposite to Warne for his percieved work-rate.

He is a player that will often not bother going for a ball etc if he doesn't think he can get it. This annoys fans a lot and makes them far less forgiving of other mistakes / misses.

So he is likely to be a player that will frustrate at times, and given Latics fans appreciation of workrate (sometime over ability?) he will suffer boo-boys a bit.

However I do think he could be a great asset IF he can find a bit of confidence (the celebration from him and the team when he scored on Boxcing Day indicates he is keen to stay and is popular). Perhaps the goal has done that.

Willing to see him play another few games and give him a chance.

I have only seen Byfield play twice (Orient and Crewe) so I'll accept others may have seen things I haven't.

However - for me he is clearly a player with ability that could/should/has done very well at this level. This is tempered however by being the complete opposite to Warne for his percieved work-rate.

He is a player that will often not bother going for a ball etc if he doesn't think he can get it. This annoys fans a lot and makes them far less forgiving of other mistakes / misses.

So he is likely to be a player that will frustrate at times, and given Latics fans appreciation of workrate (sometime over ability?) he will suffer boo-boys a bit.

However I do think he could be a great asset IF he can find a bit of confidence (the celebration from him and the team when he scored on Boxcing Day indicates he is keen to stay and is popular). Perhaps the goal has done that.

Willing to see him play another few games and give him a chance.

A bit like Davies then!

Cheers,

Harry

I was sat very near you then i spent most of the celebration when he scored trying to attract the clowns attention to give it to him, he spent the whole 1st half giving most of the team grief.