One point form the game yesterday. Maher taking the corners, all but one cleared the first man and was delivered with reasonable pace / angle into the danger area.

For the first time in a while I actually felt we might score when we got a conrer.

One point form the game yesterday. Maher taking the corners, all but one cleared the first man and was delivered with reasonable pace / angle into the danger area.

For the first time in a while I actually felt we might score when we got a conrer.

Did you know we've had more corners than any other side in the league? Same goes for penalties.

Regards,

Statto

I've seen Maher deliver more than the occasional naff corner too - but you're right with yesterday's observation.

I suspect Crewe made them look more threatening than one or two other sides may do though.

Edited by opinions4u

Remind me. Have we not scored from a corner this season? and did we score from a corner yesterday?

Oh OK. We looked more threatening yesterday than we did when we scored from a corner then.

But I know what you mean. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

It wouldn't matter even if we had David Beckham whipping corners in, our squad isn't big enough to be a major threat from corners. We might score from the odd one, but we don't have many aerial ball-winners, do we?

From that you can see Shez's intentions to have us play excellent football; the majority of sides in this division claim a lot of points from set-pieces via big blokes, particularly away from home. Tranmere, Cheltenham, and Northampton, for example.

Just say NO to short corners!

Come on Maher - join the campaign. Surely you must realise that passing the ball out to Lomax / Earldley to nine iron it towards the opposition center backs is not a recipe for success?

Still think WHEN he puts a normal corner in, he is the best we have at the moment.