Our most successful import?

Inspired by another thread asking why we don't get more players from overseas - I thought I'd ask who you think is out most successful 'imported' player.

For this I'd say non British / Irish - as english footballl has always been filled with Scots, Welsh and Irish.

Initial front runner - Gunner Halle?

Inspired by another thread asking why we don't get more players from overseas - I thought I'd ask who you think is out most successful 'imported' player.

For this I'd say non British / Irish - as english footballl has always been filled with Scots, Welsh and Irish.

Christian Colusso, Clyde Wijnhard,

one horse race, how can anybody else be considered?

End of thread?

Having said that.......... there was that centre half who ended up playing for Inter(?) for several seasons after he left us and not even Gunnar or Stitch can claim that. Jan Torre Pedersen or something close . Only played about 12 games and was class Had leg broken by some dirty Trotter other wise we would STILL be in the Prem!! :)

one horse race, how can anybody else be considered?

End of thread?

Having said that.......... there was that centre half who ended up playing for Inter(?) for several seasons after he left us and not even Gunnar or Stitch can claim that. Jan Torre Pedersen or something close . Only played about 12 games and was class Had leg broken by some dirty Trotter other wise we would STILL be in the Prem!! :)

No sign of Inter here.

Played for a lot of clubs though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tore_Pedersen

Gunnar all the way.

Ole "permanent trialist" Bjorn Sundgot should feature in the 11. Ended up with Bradford for a while.

what about rysard koweniscki should be up there even if just for the comedy value of away annoncers trying and failing to pronounce his name !

at deepdale " no 5 rusard kowen. . .cowenisku ...kevenecki .... oh bugger the pole " clasic !

I'll give you an import squad (in my lifetime):

Poggi, Rachubka, Dubose

Gunnar, Hodgson, Stam, Kangana, Pedersen

Orlygsson, Kilkenny, Colusso, Lourenco, Cywska (Wigan lad), J Johnson, Keizerweerd

Killen, Wijnhard, Carlo, Zola

E4e

FORIN

Whatever happened to him or that winger from Stoke??? :unsure: