Today's Referee

Darren Deadman last took charge of Latics in the 1-1 draw at Scunthorpe. Anybody got any memories of his performance in that game? Think he flashed the yellow a lot and sent off two Scunny players!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1500994,00.html

Stockport seemed a tad unhappy with him earlier this season:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...annon_dials_999

(calling the police for what happens on a football pitch isn't my kinda thing, but I've not seen what upset them).

He was also the ref for their play-off against Wycombe (away) when I remember Sky running a half time montage on how Wycombe had targeted Liam Dickinson for a bit of the rough stuff!

Soccerbase stats for those who care:

http://www.soccerbase.com/refs2.sd?refid=875

Yep. He sent two scunny players off. I dont think there fans will ever forgive him for that game, even though they were a bunch of dirty............that day.

He's also been suspended for 2 games in the past for failing to correctly apply the laws of the game.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

noticed that yesteday..

hes an average already this season of 3.5 yellows a game,so expect more of the same.

at the scunt game,he was really poor,even though he did send 2 of theirs off...if he had nipped the niggling and dirty stuff earlier on he would have had an easier afternoon.

he made it hard for himself by pretty much showing a red card as his first one after it was already out of hand.

it's going to be another one of those days i fear.

Deco got a second booking for Chelsea in Europe for taking a quick free kick - so I suppose there is a rule somewhere.

The irony is that he'd allowed Carlisle a quick free kick a couple of minutes earlier.

Can't believe the foul on Taylor just before half time didn't warrant a yellow - the ball was 10 yards away ffs!

Agreed. With the exception of the Maher booking I generally didn't notice the ref - always a good sign.

In fact he / his linesmen missed a few shoves by Hughes that could/should have been given as fouls.

Re: the booking. Only reason I could think of, is Maher asked can I take it quick and the ref said no wait for the whistle (because Carlisle had already started forming the wall) and he still took it before the whistle - therefore a direct failure to obey the officials instructions.