yet another lost opportunity...pt 7

I thought the performance was good. Unlike Orient / Brighton games.

I thought the substitutions were right too - Alessandra should have come on earlier, but to be fair Byfield looked a threat.

Maher should keep his place.

Not sure what Taylor's problem is at the moment but that's 3 games running he's looked less than his usual self. Hopefully the January transfer window won't be the explanation.

I thought the performance was good too....genuinely just 'one of those days'.

I don't buy this "no plan B and like for like subs" either. What wouldn't constitute a 'like for like' sub?? After all, if Whittaker is the same as Maher, Liddell as Lee and Lewi as Byfield........then what does it matter who starts??? :wink:

I thought the performance was good too....genuinely just 'one of those days'.

I don't buy this "no plan B and like for like subs" either. What wouldn't constitute a 'like for like' sub?? After all, if Whittaker is the same as Maher, Liddell as Lee and Lewi as Byfield........then what does it matter who starts??? :wink:

maher did nothing wrong and looked solid,but once again took off for whittaker who is just too lightweight....

yes bringing lee off of liddel was right,but i would have kept byfield on,he looked a genuine threat with his twisting and turning trying to make space and once or twice chased a lost cause and kept the ball in...

i think if we had played until 9pm tonight we wouldnt of scored....just one of those things,think we had something like 23 corners,but didnt really attack the ball...just needed someone to hurl themself at it and maybe it would of gone in.

overall we played some really good stuff today,kept it on the floor a lot and it just proves we play better that way...

just thought the last 8 or 9 mins the midfield after the changes was weak again and carlisle took advantage of it and could of scored....

maher did nothing wrong and looked solid,but once again took off for whittaker who is just too lightweight....

yes bringing lee off of liddel was right,but i would have kept byfield on,he looked a genuine threat with his twisting and turning trying to make space and once or twice chased a lost cause and kept the ball in...

i think if we had played until 9pm tonight we wouldnt of scored....just one of those things,think we had something like 23 corners,but didnt really attack the ball...just needed someone to hurl themself at it and maybe it would of gone in.

overall we played some really good stuff today,kept it on the floor a lot and it just proves we play better that way...

just thought the last 8 or 9 mins the midfield after the changes was weak again and carlisle took advantage of it and could of scored....

Are you watching the same game as me!!!! If we don't start picking home points up we're going to throw away the playoffs never mind automatic.

No there wasn't a lot wrong with our general play but we are just not threatening enough...Crewe played some good passing stuff on Boxing Day but without an end product and we were the same today.

We were at home for christ's sake and he brings on Liddell for Lee and you think that was right?????...was Shez hoping for a penalty because that was the only way he was going to score.

It was crying out for Smalley today...What has he done wrong as he's hardly had a sniff lately.

The service to the front two is p*** poor from a midfield that only ever pass sideways...Yes Allott and Maher did hold the ball a bit better but created absolutely nothing.

The gap between the midfield and strikers is just too great...whenever Maher and Allott release the ball they just stand still...for both of them it seems like Job Done!

On the other hand Kavanagh ran the show for Carlisle and if we had a player like that today we'd have won the game ...No doubt!!!

23 corners you say...and we didn't even remotely threaten from the vast majority!!

6 points from 15 at Boundary Park is plainly not good enough and If Shez doesn't get his team selection and tactics right for the remaining home games we're going to throw away our promotion chances and spend yet another season in this god awful division!!!!

I thought the performance was good. Unlike Orient / Brighton games.

I thought the substitutions were right too - Alessandra should have come on earlier, but to be fair Byfield looked a threat.

Maher should keep his place.

Not sure what Taylor's problem is at the moment but that's 3 games running he's looked less than his usual self. Hopefully the January transfer window won't be the explanation.

Taylor's problem is that he is being marked by at least two and sometimes three players and his threat is nullified......the problem is, we don't seem to know how to turn it to our advantage!!

Taylor has been weak in possession lately, he needs to show more determination IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Taylor has been weak in possession lately, he needs to show more determination IMO.

Consistently marked by two and unfortunately for us, he is looking a bit jaded at the moment - is he fully fit? Is he carrying a knock/bug? Either way, he's ran his cods off for us so far this season and is just having a couple of games below par and without him, we offer very little threat elswhere at home