Eardley again - Eardley to brizzle £1m shocker

Come on someone put a good offer in for the lad. you know it makes sense!!!!. Jones leaving has created a big headache with Lomax moved from the right where he was doing well to the left where he struggles and in comes Eardley on the right and makes a complete arse of it again.

We really need some money for him and I'll happily take him there myself and use that money on a left back.

Edited by Max Damage

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on someone put a good offer in for the lad. you know it makes sense!!!!. Jones leaving has created a big headache with Lomax moved from the right where he was doing well to the left where he struggles and in comes Eardley on the right and makes a complete arse of it again.

We really need some money for him and I'll happily take him there myself and use that money on a left back.

He wasn't so bad today. For every 1 thing that Eards did badly he did 2 things well.

For me too many hopeless balls to nowhere and to many mistakes at the back. any decent winger causes problems and we need a left back. Of all the players we have supposedly worth money Eards is the one I would want to sell. As for his crosses we weren't at the same game then. In the first half he kept whacking them against the first man causing us problems chasing back

Taylor had a poor game also but Byfield worked well as did Maher

Edited by Max Damage

Eards was alright, he defended well...and that's his job. The RW should be the one putting the crosses in, and I praised Kieron on Boxing Day but sadly he wasn't half as good today. I don't know if it's Shez telling him to roam around or him not wanting to play RW, but half the time he was wandering round in midfield, and on a couple of occasions Hughes was forced to go out wide because Kieron moved to take a position up front.

The week link at the back was Kelvin, but we didn't concede so shouldn't complain.

19-0 on corners...it was just one of those days. I, for one, didn't think we were that bad. On another day Hughesy would have scored 2 or 3.

Frustrating to drop points, but draw your home games and win your away ones and you'll go up. :grin:

Guest sheridans_world

Blimey I must have been watching a different game. Eardley showed once again today that he is worse than Lomax. He was caught in possesion several times and his crossing wasnt up to much.

I was actually shocked to see Eardley overlap with Lee at one point, so he can have a tick for that but thats it.

Eards was alright, he defended well...and that's his job. The RW should be the one putting the crosses in, and I praised Kieron on Boxing Day but sadly he wasn't half as good today. I don't know if it's Shez telling him to roam around or him not wanting to play RW, but half the time he was wandering round in midfield, and on a couple of occasions Hughes was forced to go out wide because Kieron moved to take a position up front.

The week link at the back was Kelvin, but we didn't concede so shouldn't complain.

19-0 on corners...it was just one of those days. I, for one, didn't think we were that bad. On another day Hughesy would have scored 2 or 3.

Frustrating to drop points, but draw your home games and win your away ones and you'll go up. :grin:

first half he was fine....played well some good thinking and not just hoofing the ball upfield...second half was a bit of a let down from him...too many stary passes and lumped up balls,but then again hughes was the only one offering an outlet by putting his arm up for the ball all the time.

Blimey I must have been watching a different game. Eardley showed once again today that he is worse than Lomax. He was caught in possesion several times and his crossing wasnt up to much.

I was actually shocked to see Eardley overlap with Lee at one point, so he can have a tick for that but thats it.

You always watch a different game.... :wink:

Its becoming a pointless arguement .... he has his haters (blind) and people who know he's 10x the player kelvin is

was superb at crewe so u obv. cant have been there or must have been the guy behind me who shut up as soon as he started impacting the match .... how the last poster can comment negatively on his ovelapping and forward thinking attitude is completely beyond me

keep it up eards, defo better than kelvin and one of our better performers on the day

Guest sheridans_world
You always watch a different game.... :wink:

:lol:

I'm not an Eardley hater, I just think he is vastly over-rated at the moment, if he is out of form, fine, but he's been average at best this season, no where near his previous performances.

eardley did ok today i thought. although he does still do the odd silly thing when he has the ball at his feet he still looks miles comfier than lomax who clearly panicks wen he has the ball. it didnt help neal that until lidds came on he didnt really have anybody in front of him with lee roaming about in the middle.

I'm not an Eardley hater, I just think he is vastly over-rated at the moment, if he is out of form, fine, but he's been average at best this season, no where near his previous performances.

Fully agree that he hasn't been at his best for some time. Maybe Shez should send him back to TP for a month? :)

Not a hater either but today he was gash. Ball bouncing over his head, passes to nobody, and crossing as woefull as ever - especially in the first half.

Really! If that's the case then why did you head the thread "Eardley Again."

It seems that there are posters on here who claim that they do not hate such and such but come on here with blind critisism of certain players. I could understand the point being put across as "Neil hasn't played as well this season as last and I prefer Lomax at the moment." That in itself would be debateable but to come on and claim he was gash is imo opinion, unbelieveable. In my opinion Eardley was the better of our 2 full backs today. Lomax for the 2nd game running was outplayed by his winger, although to be fair he got him more under control as the game wore on, or that may have been due to the fact that we were putting the pressure on towards the end and they were relying on breakaways.

Either way the claim that Eardley was "gash" smacks of blinkers being worn by the poster.

Cheers,

Harry

Doh because it is another Eardley thread. And I thought he was gash today.

As for Lomax put him on the right and Eards on the left and see how bad it gets then on the left. Lomax in reent games on the right has been better than Eards. We badly need a left back and if we got an offer for Eards than great. Sell him and buy a left back

Edited by Max Damage

Balls over the top to hughes and byfield, finding the man almost every time, asked for by the strikers and received - so is that eardleys fault? They asked for a pass and he executed the pass accurately.

Long balls down the wing at him invariably dealt with in 1 touch, a superb ball out to lee from a clearance from one of our corners - single touch pass straight to lee's feet.

Mind you, other players hoofed balls over their own heads and lumped it up the pitch, but they are not criticised. herd menality? yeah eardley bashing is popular if you don't actually watch what he does and just leap on every bad pass he makes.

Balls over the top to hughes and byfield, finding the man almost every time, asked for by the strikers and received - so is that eardleys fault? They asked for a pass and he executed the pass accurately.

Long balls down the wing at him invariably dealt with in 1 touch, a superb ball out to lee from a clearance from one of our corners - single touch pass straight to lee's feet.

Mind you, other players hoofed balls over their own heads and lumped it up the pitch, but they are not criticised. herd menality? yeah eardley bashing is popular if you don't actually watch what he does and just leap on every bad pass he makes.

Your spot on Real.

It appears that Eardley is the current Boo boy.

I wonder who will take the mantle when/if he is sold. Lomax/Gregan/Allot/Byfield.

Asolutely fantastic reading peoples opinions of players. Its about as entertaining and funny as reading the sunday papers marks on players when they haven't even had a reporter at the game.

Cheers,

Harry

Your spot on Real.

It appears that Eardley is the current Boo boy.

I wonder who will take the mantle when/if he is sold. Lomax/Gregan/Allot/Byfield.

Asolutely fantastic reading peoples opinions of players. Its about as entertaining and funny as reading the sunday papers marks on players when they haven't even had a reporter at the game.

Cheers,

Harry

your reading my mind mate there is defenetly an anti-Neil Eardley brigade amongst our fans, he wasnt fantastic today but he didnt put a foot wrong same as on Boxing day and yet to some everything is his fault

Perhaps some would be happier with Eardley if he'd never played international football, as this 'status' seems to be allowing fans the chance to make ridiculous comments like "Eardly an international - boll@@@" - yet, we have another young player, playing on the wrong side albeit, but who doesn't show an ounce of the ability that Eardley shows - but hey, home grown and not an international, we''ll give one of our good prospects (Eardley) stick again.

His decision making was better today, though his execution at times let him down - didn't it with most today?

You were certainly watching a different game to me if you thought today or indeed any day that Eardley is worse than Lomax.

He is better than Lomax in every aspect of his game.

Lomax never appears comfortable on the ball, its like a hot potato most of the time he has a complete lack of composure.

Eardley really is a much better player and defender than him.

Yes you were!!! Lomax is nowhere near as good as Eardley! For a start as youve mentioned, full backs are meant to overlap the winger as eardley did on a number of occasions, lomax i dont think did once. as a result carlisle could put 2 or 3 players on taylor as they knew they didnt have to worry about lomax, hinfering taylor. Eardleys distribution today wasn't too bad until liddell came on, thats because liddell is past it and doesnt make any sort of run or move for eardley forcing him to send it long to the forwards. Lomax's distribution was worse today, everytime he's on the ball he panics and gives it away. Continuing with distribution, eardley put a few bad balls in today but at least we know he can whip some good crosses in which is more than can be said for Lomax. I am baffled at why Eardley gets so much abuse and Lomax gets none when clearly Eardley is the better player!

Guest sheridans_world
You were certainly watching a different game to me if you thought today or indeed any day that Eardley is worse than Lomax.

He is better than Lomax in every aspect of his game.

Lomax never appears comfortable on the ball, its like a hot potato most of the time he has a complete lack of composure.

Eardley really is a much better player and defender than him.

Totally disagree, there is a reason Lomax has been playing in RB (Eardleys natural position) instead of Eardley and that is because Lomax has been better than Eardley this season.

Lomax looks fine on the ball, as Shez once said 'He is the best natural footballer at the club'. He gets forward better than Eardley and gets back quicker than Eardley.

Like I've said before, I'm not an Eardley hater and when Eardley is in form, there isnt a better full-back in the league. However, Eardley isnt in form and hasnt been for some time. Hence why Lomax has been ahead of him. Personally, I dont think there is much between Lomax and Eardley if they are both on red-hot form, I wouldnt be able to pick between them. That said, Lomax has the consistancy that Eardley lacks.