Eardley again - Eardley to brizzle £1m shocker

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he did alright today tbh .. yes he did a couple of woeful crosses, however he did 2/3 brilliant ones to ... including a great cutback that Byfield should have buried!

Having gone Crewe and watched the lad today ive seen a big improvement since the Orient game ... think some need to lay off the lad alittle!

Totally disagree, there is a reason Lomax has been playing in RB (Eardleys natural position) instead of Eardley and that is because Lomax has been better than Eardley this season.

Lomax looks fine on the ball, as Shez once said 'He is the best natural footballer at the club'. He gets forward better than Eardley and gets back quicker than Eardley.

Like I've said before, I'm not an Eardley hater and when Eardley is in form, there isnt a better full-back in the league. However, Eardley isnt in form and hasnt been for some time. Hence why Lomax has been ahead of him. Personally, I dont think there is much between Lomax and Eardley if they are both on red-hot form, I wouldnt be able to pick between them. That said, Lomax has the consistancy that Eardley lacks.

Clearly Eardley is the current boo boy, but without any justification that I can see.

If Shez really thinks that Lomax is the best natural footballer at the club then I would worry very seriously about his judgement, he has already been released by the club once (that must have been because he is so good :unsure: ).

I have nothing against Lomax and think he is an adequate full back at League 1 level, but he doesn't ever look comfortable on the ball IMO he panics and gets rid anywhere on occasions (he gives his winger far too much time and space by drifting in and getting out of position) the Orient penalty was a perfect example of his failings, the Orient player just ran in behind him totally unmarked and unchecked to be brought down by Fleming).

With regard to Eardley being better than Lomax to me its no contest, Eardley is the much better player full stop.

Interesting that Eardley is the subject of transfer talk from Championship clubs (they must all be very bad judges of a player and yet are playing at a higher level than us :huh: ) and will no doubt bring a decent fee to the club where he to be sold, interestingly I've not heard or read of any club at any level making any enquiries of any description about Lomax. <_<

Edited by Hometownclub

interestingly I've not heard or read of any club at any level making any enquiries of any description about Lomax. <_<

Didn't Rochdale have a good look at him with a view to buy him, but we wanted him back?

Ah, well. I'm firmly in the Eardley is better side of the thread as he plays the modern full back role much better. He's constantly joining in - with the exception of when there is no one there to join in with. He has the ability to get up and down the wing. Granted this does leave him out of position at times, but that's why this game is a team sport.

Kelvin is good defensively but this is because he never really overlaps the winger.

One will go on to better things and the other is Kelvin who will be here at best by my reckoning.

Clearly Eardley is the current boo boy, but without any justification that I can see.

If Shez really thinks that Lomax is the best natural footballer at the club then I would worry very seriously about his judgement, he has already been released by the club once (that must have been because he is so good :unsure: ).

I have nothing against Lomax and think he is an adequate full back at League 1 level, but he doesn't ever look comfortable on the ball IMO he panics and gets rid anywhere on occasions (he gives his winger far too much time and space by drifting in and getting out of position) the Orient penalty was a perfect example of his failings, the Orient player just ran in behind him totally unmarked and unchecked to be brought down by Fleming).

With regard to Eardley being better than Lomax to me its no contest, Eardley is the much better player full stop.

Interesting that Eardley is the subject of transfer talk from Championship clubs (they must all be very bad judges of a player and yet are playing at a higher level than us :huh: ) and will no doubt bring a decent fee to the club where he to be sold, interestingly I've not heard or read of any club at any level making any enquiries of any description about Lomax. <_<

Great post! Lomax is an average full back who always looks hurried and lacking in control. Eardley is by far the better talent and will only get better and better. Nuff said :mad:

Guest sheridans_world

Yes, released from the club by a hoofball manager, Ronnie Moore. :lol: - What good is a five-foot something defender when playing hoofball?!

Then Shez, a football manager comes in and resigns him. Eardley has all this hype around him because he has played for Wales, now I'm not undermining the achievement but seriously, it cant be that hard to play for Wales if a third tier full-back can play in their first team! I think they are even playing players from the conference, a Wrexham player. So Eardley has got caught up in this hype, everyone has heard of him. Even though he hasnt exactley ripped up trees.

That said, Lomax hasnt ripped up trees either.

Lomax is the English Eardley. Granted, Lomax cant strike a ball from a free kick, but apart from that they are very similar players. Lomax's tackling is brilliant, absolutley fantastic, I see it first-hand right in front of me everytime he playes left-back. He times them brilliantley, just as Eardley does.

Something Lomax is more willing to do (this season anyway) is go forward, I remember a time when Eardley was sprinting all the way up the line and whipping a ball in, he doesnt seem to do it as much now for some reason.

I like the old wing-back position, even though we have wingers anyway, I think the over-lap is something we could use brilliantly, keeping our forwards in the centre (where the bloody-well should be) and using one or the other full back to over-lap and get the ball into the box.

Anyway, I think we'll have to agree to dis-agree. I dont think Eardley is miles better than Lomax, I think they are very similar, just one has the hype and one doesnt.

Think this has been mooted before but reported again in todays sun, apparently Bristol want Eardley to replace wantaway defender Bradley Orr. For a million

Personally dont think theres smoke without fire with this story, i rate eardley my biggest gripe with him is his distribution but for a million quid id seriously take their hand off

EDIT: Apologies hadnt read the above :-D

Edited by KiDdErZ

I'd take a million for Eardley the difference between him and Lomax to me is that I dont see Lomax cutting it at a higher level but Eardley certainly has the potential to do so. Good time to move as if we fail to acheive this season it will quite clearly be all his fault (unless Craig Davies returns)

£1million??

i'd break brizzles arm in 5 places then snap all their fingers asap.

I completely disagree with the stick that the lad has received by some, but he will go on to prove most wrong by becoming an established championship defender, but for a million I'd double those arm breaks, hire a limo, drop him off and bring any of their crap players back up to BP for nowt!! :grin:

Well, as an Eardley fan (well, not really, just think the stick he gets is way over the top - he's certainly one of our better players though) , I'd be happy to see £1m for him. Having said that I'd take £300k for hughes if he won't sign up before mid-jan. £300k over 6 months is £12k a week + his wages would easily fund a very good replacment on loan, £15k or so a week would get a queue of clubs looking to loan us someone.