Hughes taking the michael

That was the only highlight of the game for me. Other than that it was drab, predictable and crap.

I really do hate home games at the minute.

Do what?? 19 corners, 19 shots - apart from the finishing that was an excellent game. Predictable? Probably so but drab and crap? No way. :lol:

Do what?? 19 corners, 19 shots - apart from the finishing that was an excellent game. Predictable? Probably so but drab and crap? No way. :lol:

19 corners. 12 of which were played short and resulted in nothing. 6 of which went in the box and caused no problems. 1 of which could have been useful but no one was anywhere near it.

19 Shots??........and yet I can only remember there keeper making a handful of saves all game - even they were only half chances.

We were sh*t at corners. We very rarely tested Carlisle's keeper. How many times have we come away from BP this season when that's been the case? Far too often.

We're too dependant on Taylor to get the ball and do something - as when he's marked out of the game by two players constantly like he was today - then we are utterly clueless and create no clear cut chances. Bar Taylor not one of the midfield seem capable of creating anything for themselves or the team and yet again, week on week, I say the same thing. We need an attacking midfielder.

Hardly edge of the seat stuff was it? Worth £20? Not a chance.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

19 corners. 12 of which were played short and resulted in nothing. 6 of which went in the box and caused no problems. 1 of which could have been useful but no one was anywhere near it.

19 Shots??........and yet I can only remember there keeper making a handful of saves all game - even they were only half chances.

We were sh*t at corners. We very rarely tested Carlisle's keeper. How many times have we come away from BP this season when that's been the case? Far too often.

We're too dependant on Taylor to get the ball and do something - as when he's marked out of the game by two players constantly like he was today - then we are utterly clueless and create no clear cut chances. Bar Taylor not one of the midfield seem capable of creating anything.

Hardly edge of the seat stuff was it? Worth £20? Not a chance.

If you buy early it's £18 - As a season ticket holder each game costs me £13 (approx) - worth that? I thought it was an entertaining game and definitely worth 13 or 18 or even 20 quid - but I'm just a diehard Oldham fan and have been for 43 years - for me I never question what a game is worth - it's a loyalty thing ya see - it's in the blood.

Keep the faith. :mainstand:

If you buy early it's £18 - As a season ticket holder each game costs me £13 (approx) - worth that? I thought it was an entertaining game and definitely worth 13 or 18 or even 20 quid - but I'm just a diehard Oldham fan and have been for 43 years - for me I never question what a game is worth - it's a loyalty thing ya see - it's in the blood.

Congratulations. If that's what you were after.

The club needs both ST holders and pay on the day fans and performances like that of recent home games are hardly going to entice people back - even those who it's "in the blood" for.

Roll on the annual trip to Huddersfield. If only we could play away every game.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

it all depends how you define edge of your seat stuff doesnt it....considering yeovil brighton and orient were woefull i would say today was a much improved game..

we actually played the majority of the game on the floor with some very godd passing and movement at times...

on another day hughes would of had a hat trick,and byfield at least one......

it might not be the technically gifted game which happens in the greedy league,but by division 3 standards it was a bloody good game.

it all depends how you define edge of your seat stuff doesnt it....considering yeovil brighton and orient were woefull i would say today was a much improved game..

we actually played the majority of the game on the floor with some very godd passing and movement at times...

it might not be the technically gifted game which happens in the greedy league,but by division 3 standards it was a bloody good game.

I thank you :grin:

Congratulations. If that's what you were after.

The club needs both ST holders and pay on the day fans and performances like that of recent home games are hardly going to entice people back - even those who it's "in the blood" for.

Roll on the annual trip to Huddersfield. If only we could play away every game.

Fair point, well made - bring on Hartlepool :grin:

Agree 100%.

It was a much better performance than at Crewe, where the opposition was abysmal. Carlisle played some good passing football and were very well organised, but our defence stood up very well and Fleming was hardly troubled. Taylor was nullified for the third successive game and the Carlisle defence played brilliantly.

If we had been more lucky and got a goal, I reckon people would be raving about the performance and the game in general. We just didn't get that lucky break yeaterday, but if we keep playing like that (and improve on corners) we'll still be in contention for promotion at the end of the season.

If we had been more lucky and got a goal, I reckon people would be raving about the performance and the game in general. We just didn't get that lucky break yeaterday, but if we keep playing like that (and improve on corners) we'll still be in contention for promotion at the end of the season.

Bang on the money.

Hughes genuinely makes people laugh. He has a sort of 'cheeky' demeanour that will be missed if he does leave.

Hughes did his best to wind up the Calisle keeper in the second half. They were both spoken to by the ref on one occasion. Hughes kept laughing at the keeper, but the keeper didn't let it get to him. When the final whistle went, they both hugged each other like long-lost brothers.