Not much changes, does it?

"If we became a low budget club totally reliant on the youth system to generate results..."

If we're going down that route and the TTA have alluded to this for next season if we're still in this league, I can think of no-one better than TP, i'd beg him to the take the job....

Good call and so would many tics, but I'm sure that you know as well as I do that it just won't happen even if TP were to be offered the post at some point in the future.

Cheers,

Harry

I hope you're right about Taylor, although today he looked like the same player who disappointed me on a fairly consistent basis over recent seasons. His workrate is still pretty good, albeit he disappeared in the 2nd half today, but his end-proeduct remained a huge disappointment today.

he dissapeared in the second half today as the team persisted on going down the right with eardly...

i lost count of the amount of times taylor made space for himself out on the left only to be overlooked by the team which prefered to go down the eardly then liddell route...

people in midfield need to look up and see who is available and switch play accordingly.

todays performance whilst not a classic was far superior to the games against yeovil and brighton,they actually looked like they wanted it today..you can say piss poor crosses in from the sides,but if the keeper doesnt come and claim then its a free header on goal,carlisle rode there luck and packed there defence,we couldnt capitalise on the positions we got into...

first half most of play went down the left and taylor skinned there defenders 5 or 6 times....

I think that that is a pretty good summation of the position we are in. Shez is not a good manager. The players play and have little direction. I wish we had any other manger in the league in charge.

Erm...Ronnie Moore?? Martin Allen?? and that's before we talk about the other 17 managers whose teams are below Shez's in the league with similar budgets.

The bold part of your post is the most ridiculous comment I've heard in a while.

Guest sheridans_world
he dissapeared in the second half today as the team persisted on going down the right with eardly...

i lost count of the amount of times taylor made space for himself out on the left only to be overlooked by the team which prefered to go down the eardly then liddell route...people in midfield need to look up and see who is available and switch play accordingly.

Its funny you say that, because I have complained in the past that the team only go down the Taylor route, glad to see its changed but its all about striking a balance between both wings, rather than over-using one.

Its funny you say that, because I have complained in the past that the team only go down the Taylor route, glad to see its changed but its all about striking a balance between both wings, rather than over-using one.

its happened in the last 3 home games,play always goes down the right in the second half,with taylor feeding on scraps,wherther its worth him moving right at some point just to see what happens is another matter.....think the only time we have ever really played with perfect balance on the flanks is when we had adams n holden.

Up until this season, I've been a season-ticket holder in the Chaddy End but today was my first match of the season. I have listened to several match commentaries on Tics World but this was the first time I had seen the lads in the flesh and, I must say, not much seems to have changed........

• Tics still seem to struggle to break-down a defensively-minded opposition at BP.
  • BP remains a pretty atmosphere-less stadium, probably even worse with the demise of the Lookers and the fragmentation of the few singers out of the Chaddy End (some have clearly moved to the Roccy Road End)
  • The Chaddy is still riddled with moaning bastards.
  • Chris Taylor still can't cross a ball and lacks a regular end product.
  • Eards is still a good defender but his passing is, ahem, somewhat erratic.
  • Hughesy is still getting booed by the oppo fans and seems to relish it.
  • The pies are still :censored:e & overpriced.
  • We still miss Wellens.

• I still love going to BP!

I really thought we should have won today but struggled to break-down Carlisle's defensive tactics. We had lots of the ball but didn't really create enough good chances (lots of half-chances) and the delivery of crosses into the box (from both sides) was piss-poor.

It's gonna be interesting to see if was can maintain our position in the play-off places, but here's hoping that we do.

No doubt TTA will be hoping your love for going to BP extends to more visits this season. :ktf:

I think that that is a pretty good summation of the position we are in. Shez is not a good manager. The players play and have little direction. I wish we had any other manger in the league in charge.

therefore some would say you are a blinkered fool.

However you dont actually mean it, as we are a promotion challenging team, and half the managers in this league if put in charge would destroy this.

<_<